Benjamin

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Benjamin

Post by John Slotmon »

The record-setting AW Steward-bred router has been retired at a perfect 10:10. He's available for your mares at the bargain price of $15k.

I had debated his retirement for a hot minute, but realized the immortal Silver Screen Star also retired after 10 undefeated races without much else to prove. Thanks in advance for your support, and extra thanks to Maddy Gilbert for being an all-around solid person!
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Re: Benjamin

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

John Slotmon wrote:extra thanks to Maddy Gilbert for being an all-around solid person!
Made. My. Day. Thanks Slots! :D
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Yay! I sent him quite a few star mares :)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Nena Olson wrote:Yay! I sent him quite a few star mares :)
I've noticed! Thank you!!!!
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Only 48 foals since yesterday? Come on, people. You can do better! :)
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

I've only seen a handful of A- hypo nicks on AW, and they were with Treasure Strike before the system was tweaked. All were reversed to B+s, and I have yet to see a single one since.

...UNTIL NOW!!!

I just hypoed 18 of my mares, ranging from "blue hen" to "formidable". Of those, 6 turned up with A- ratings (the rest were B+s).

The A- Ratings:
Anywhere Is (West x Dr. Ghazi) - "blue hen"
Best Out West (West x Sun Tzu) - "blue hen", dam of multiple GS winner Dovahkiin
Biggest Bird (Standout x Animal Kingdom) - "blue hen", half to multiple G1 winner Double Fluff, dam of G1 Debutante winner Moa Moa
Doozie (Standout x Colorado) - "blue hen", multiple stakes winner
Michaela Quinn (Dr. Ghazi x Life Worth Living) - "blue hen", dam of multiple G1 winner Agoura
Twist and Shout (Widdo x Dr. Ghazi) - "star"
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Thanks to all for the great support so far! Special thanks to following folks who've used him multiple times. One kind turn deserves another: you're welcome to three $1 Benjamin breedings next year.

Andrew James
Bob Green
Dan Gordon
Jack Meyer
Kasie Gillepsie
Lee Cara
Leigh Ann Anderson
Maddy
Louise Bayou
Nena
Rafa Usoz
Te Akau Downs

Thank you!!!!
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

Slots.....you are awesome...thank you can much....I'll have three more to throw his way before years end as well....

Jack
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Wow!

Thanks very much John. Cant wait to race the little Benjamins.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Wow, that is very nice of you Slots! Thank you so much! Thank you for standing such an amazing AW horse!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Thanks!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Thanks John!
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

It was a good run. 1909 foals, 1139 runners, 849 winners, 104 stakes winners. Two times more AW route winners than #2 on the list.More than 40 more stakes winners than second place. $20 million more in earnings. An undefeated HOFer on the track.

But all good things come to an end. And Benjamin is officially retired to the pasture as of yesterday at 11:00 am. Thanks to all who supported him over the years - especially Maddy who pretty much taught me about AW. Benjamin will be missed!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Benjamin will be greatly missed! He was a fantastic sire, and I wish him many long years in the pastures!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

He was great and his reasonable sire fee was always greatly appreciated. Hope you get another like him soon John. Cheers.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time