A Shin Hikari

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emma Lochran
Hall of Fame

A Shin Hikari

Post by Emma Lochran »

A Shin Hikari - Deep Impact x Catalina III (Storm Cat)

I just purchased him at a recent auction. I have vet checked him, and he is "Very Sound". His stallion type is "Any Turf".

Currently he is standing at Phoenix Farm in Arizona. I have lowered his fee to $35,000.
Emma Lochran
Hall of Fame

Re: A Shin Hikari

Post by Emma Lochran »

So far I've hypo'ed him with only turf route mares ~

Va Voom - (Trafalgar x Sea King) is a blue hen with chaser potential. She is a double A-

Seramela - (Feat x Atlas) is a Formidable and a B flat, C chase

Zoelee - (Fact Not Fiction x Sea King) is a Star and B+ flat, C chase
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Dredging this up from the depths and adding a link to his page because I love this horse and he could pension any minute.

As some are aware, I have this multi-capable-breeding bug in my ear this season. I think we have tons of options right now for creating versatile horses. They've been put in the game for a reason, and we're underutilizing them because we're risk averse and, let's face it, it's hard enough to breed a good horse even when breeding like to like, right?

I think it's still worth a shot regardless, and this guy is one not to miss before he goes. I don't have a lot of TR or TM mares to hypo him with, but I've gotten as high as a flat A hypo with my best TS mares, and I've been making a real effort to use him. Posting this in hopes that more people do the same before he peaces out to pension land.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

The Storm Cat DS probably helps his multi-distance ability. Storm Cat's best were mostly routers, but TS A Bus is a notable exception. Acapulco was a Storm Cat stallion who was mentioned as a prospect for breeding 2yo Turf Triple horses last time I remember someone getting really into it too, because he could leave speedy routers.

Storm Cat also left TM/TR Acappella, who left SC 2yo Turf Mile/Grade 1 winning TR 3yo filly Rockapella, who left turf marathoning entire Reithan, whose highest earner (by a factor of 12) was Dandy Lion, a TM.

Along those lines Louis the King is another stallion of pensioning age, but by a son of Storm Cat. I think he's more "Any Miler" than "Any Turf" though.

It'd be interesting to see if the TS mares who're getting the big hypos carry A Bus.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Storm Cat has a very long history of being versatile, for sure!
To be fair, my flat A was from a mare who has fifteen flat As and 24 A-, hands down the best hypoing TS mare I know of. She happens to be 3x3 to A Bus, but so is half the TS world. I have A- from several others; none of them have A Bus closer than the fourth gen, but none of them hypo as strongly overall, either.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.