Long Overdue Farm: Turf Sprint Stallions (Updated Y63 W16)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Long Overdue Farm: Turf Sprint Stallions (Updated Y63 W16)

Post by Laura Smith »

Currently Standing:

Talus

Toho Jackal-See the Finish (Sea the Stars)

Freaky fast colt won nearly $4.7m, winning multiple G1s every year he's raced, including the SC Turf Dash as a 2YO
Routinely put up high 90s SFs against the very best turf sprinters in the game
A rare blend of precocity and longevity -- still as fast (or faster?) at 5 as he was at 2
Incredible outcross potential here -- this is by far Toho Jackal's best son, and he offers a source of Sea the Stars that isn't SYM
Second dam Whiteflagfinish was one of the best racemares of her time, winning 2 SCs and nearly $2.5m

Needs little introduction at this point. At or near the top of the sirelist in almost every category.
Average earnings per runner is higher than his stud fee, a quite a feat at his price point -- in fact, his average earnings per runner is the highest of any player-owned stallion in the game by nearly $30k
Sire of four millionaires and numerous other G1 winners, including superstar Right Here Now and top new sire At the Summit
Already the damsire of multiple stakes winners, despite his oldest grandfoals being only 4

This guy is the OG. Still one of the top 2-3 hypoers out there. Get in while you can.

$80,000

---

At the Summit

Talus-Deschutes (Reach for the Moon)

Multiple G1 winner of nearly $4m, defeating some of the the best of his generation, posting SFs as high as 98
Precocious and fast 2YO who stayed at the top of his game through his 4YO season
From arguably the most productive TS family in recent memory; one of the best foals from the best mare I've ever owned

Excellent hypos and gallop results have been followed up by serious results on the track
First crop includes multiple G1-winning filly Beyond the Pale and three other SWs
Absolutely a steal for the price! Get in on the ground floor now...

$35,000

---

Wait for Daylight

Composer-Sometimes Canadian (Pit Road)

Four-time G1 winner of nearly $2m
By sire of sires Composer; half to several stakes winners, including millionaire and sire Nope

Hypos are really nice: just a half tick under the top tier but easily on par with a $50k sire
Very impressive gallops from limited opportunity! 11% stakes and 40%+ allowance or better

First crop to hit the track has been impressive -- avg earnings already matches fee, and %SWs is up there with stallions twice his price or more

$35,000

---

Mattawan

Battaash-Stars Are My Map (Deep Sky Day)

Make your dual-surface dreams come true!

Brilliant, precocious colt is a SC winner and multiple G1 winner on AW as well as a multiple graded winner on turf
As fast as 96SF on AW and 91SF on turf: when's the last time you saw that happen?
Outcross pedigree is dual-surface all the way back, and brings in recent sire sensation Battaash

Slated to retire after the SC! Super excited for this guy.

$TBD

---

Northern Avenger

Strong and Free-Deschutes (Reach for the Moon)

6-time G1 winner, including the Desert Turf Sprint; earned $1.8 million against the best of his generation
By top sire Strong and Free out of the great Deschutes, one of the best TS producers of all time; immediate female family of 11 (I think) G1 winners, numerous graded winners, and more every year
Excellent stakes%; average earnings well above fee
Sire of several stakes winners and loads of hard knocking winners
Pedigree, speed, class and sire ability all in one neat little package

"I seriously adore this guy, he's the bomb." -- The Steward

$20,000

---

Lord Empire

Lord Black-Its All About You (Reach for the Moon)

One of the greatest runners of his generation; swept the Aussie turf triple and followed up with the SC, a difficult feat
Went on to win five more G1s at ages 3 and 4
By the legendary Lord Black, out of the spectacular producer Its All About You (dam of four millionaires)
Excellent hypos and gallop numbers; average earnings more than twice the stud fee
Sire of SC winner and $2.2m earner Amulets in his first crop

$25,000

---

Oyama

Makfi-Oceola (Real Steel)

Seven-time G1 winner, including two SCs and a Pegasus!
Among the best of his generation, probably (my AWM knowledge is comparable to my Arabian knowledge soooo...)

Hypoing pretty well, considering his wacky pedigree!
A great intro price considering his ability on the track.

$20,000
Last edited by Laura Smith 1 year ago, edited 52 times in total.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Long Overdue Farm: Turf Sprint Stallions Y45

Post by Laura Smith »

Something a little crazy happened today. Of my eight Like a Beast yearlings, five galloped allowance. That's 62.5% allowance. That's nuts. The other three were two productives and a solid.
I did send him slightly better mares this year, but still nothing earthshattering -- one underproducing blue hen and a few slow runners from nice families -- but nicer than last year. Seems he enjoyed the change...

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me at $5k! Just sayin.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Long Overdue Farm: Turf Sprint Stallions Y45

Post by Laura Smith »

As he clearly has not moved forward in ability at age 7, Hard to the Core has retired and is available for the low price of $7,500. I've had B+ and B hypos from him thus far; keep in mind that his (obscure GP) sireline may not hypo terribly well with conventional bloodlines...but give him a shot :)
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Long Overdue Farm: Turf Sprint Stallions Y45 (Updated W6)

Post by Laura Smith »

Edited tonight to reflect:
-progeny updates and slight fee drop for Steel Upon Steel - a good deal, expect them to get better with age!
-progeny updates for Like a Beast - he has the 3rd and 5th fastest working yearling colt at 3f out there right now, pretty cool.
-most exciting of all, Gentle Touch will hit the shed this year! He's pretty awesome and has a cool pedigree and I'll be sending him my best stuff and you should too.
I'm looking at Reach for the Moon, As to War (/all those Perfect Night things), Adjust the Sound, and Sockie mares, among others, to likely cross well with him.
Happy booking! :)
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I've had some great, positive responses via PM today- thanks! Looks like GT should have a nice first book! I'll be very willing to wheel and deal in terms of discounts for especially nice mares.
I'm quite likely to get an incentive deal going (i.e. rebates to breeders of SWs or some such), and I may also do another round of CAN-bred races because of my stubborn refusal to stand my stallions anywhere else.
Bryan Doolittle
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bryan Doolittle »

You have 4 ridiculous sires at once. That is awesome!
"The door says 'PUSH', you idiot"-My Brother
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Update post-Week 9!

Steel Upon Steel's son Steel On Steel may have the least creative name ever but nevertheless now has two graded stakes wins and over $150k to his name. Good things.
Like a Beast's got some high-end allowance yearlings who are still working nicely, in 22.57, 35.80 and 22.48, 22.54.
and Gentle Touch broke the $3m mark in earnings last night and also made me super happy with a hard-fought win over at least five G1 winners. He's pretty, your mares will like him, get excited.
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Re: Long Overdue Farm: Turf Sprint Stallions Y45 (Updated W9)

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

Laura how do your stud's hypo with formidable mares? I still have a few yet to breed. Just curious.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Andrea Bouwkamp wrote:Laura how do your stud's hypo with formidable mares? I still have a few yet to breed. Just curious.
I bet they are B+ :)
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

B+ and B, generally, depends on the mare. :)
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Let the breeding fest BEGIN!

GENTLE TOUCH, multimillionaire and your Pegasus hero, is up for $25,000. Three A- hypos and several B+'s from only a few run so far, those being from mares by As to War (x3), Reach for the Moon, Call the Shots, Dark Side of Me and I Love You Guys. So, all over the map.

And let's not forget, this breeding season, about multiple G1 winner and cool outcross HARD TO THE CORE ($7,500), underutilized young gun STEEL UPON STEEL ($10,000) and sire of a couple mysteriously fast yearlings LIKE A BEAST ($5,000.)

Thanks for your support, and happy, happy breeding season to you all!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Long Overdue Farm: Turf Sprint Stallions Y45 (Updated W16)

Post by Laura Smith »

Thanks to everyone who's supported GT so far! He's seen some lovely mares, including several G1 winners and a good sprinkling of stakes producers, and I'm super grateful for every one.

I will sweeten the pot a bit, cause it's fun. Not only will I be sponsoring CAN-bred stakes in Y47 for these kids, but
if you breed an A- or better hypo you can have it for free;
just PM me in-game.

I don't always hypo-mate, but when I do, I spend a trillion dollars in like an hour. Here's what I learned.

Like I said, I have had three A- from him, those from As to War, Look Courageous and Reach for the Moon mares, all BH.
Besides those, I've hypoed him a ton of mares to see if I can get a handle on some trends. He seems to be hypoing within the second tier, i.e. generally not quite as good as RFTM (but no one matches his hypos as far as i've seen), and a hair below The Black Glove, but about as well as Chautauqua, Timelord, Reckoner, Doesit Need Saying type horses.
That said, he matches RFTM/Black Glove hypos on many mares, mostly ones with pedigrees that are a bit out there, unusual sirelines, GP sired types etc.

He's had the most favourable results so far with: RFTM mares; Perfect Night, mostly thru As to War or Pit Road; Storm Cat thru Hand of God, Storm Trooper and A Bus; and crossing back to the Look Courageous line has been surprisingly successful. By "favourable" I mean matching or above the mare's average hypo with proven good nicking sires. Oddly enough he's hypoing well with mares from unconventional sirelines, like GP sired mares.

so yeah. Get some A mares in there for free. boo-yah.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Long Overdue Farm: Turf Sprint Stallions Y46 (Updated W5)

Post by Laura Smith »

Updated the main post. Like a Beast has a bunch of fun 2YOs, way more than I would expect from a 5k stallion. And Gentle Touch is siring allowance or better at a 28% clip, which is pretty solid. Nice things are nice.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Long Overdue Farm: Turf Sprint Stallions Y46 (Updated W5)

Post by Laura Smith »

Gentle Touch would like to remind you and your lovely ladies that he sired 4.6% stakes horses from his first crop of yearlings, by far the best in his crop of sires and as good as any other sire out there at the moment, though it would be premature to compare him to the old dudes just yet, it's pretty promising.
He's got three on the top workouts list, and only two of those are stakes, plus a Stew-bred. Who's got the fourth stakes? would love to know. anyway, breed away!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Long Overdue Farm: Turf Sprint Stallions Y46 (Updated W16)

Post by Laura Smith »

Forgot to mention that I'll be sponsoring a number of CAN-bred races for 2YOs this coming year, and will go on with it in later years if it's well-received.