Long Overdue Farm: Turf Sprint Stallions (Updated Y63 W16)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Long Overdue Farm: Turf Sprint Stallions Y46 (Updated W4)

Post by Laura Smith »

Updated main post as of W4D1. Fee drops on a couple of the guys, all are pretty great value.

Gentle Touch is off to a lovely start, with 13 winners so far this season, including:
Strong and Free (dam by Look Courageous) -- 2-for-2 SW, 87 and 89SFs (the 89 is the highest fig run by a 2YO male so far this year)
Fire Touch (RFTM) -- 2-for-2 SW, 85SF
Rogue (RFTM) -- 2-for-2 SW, 84SF
Comfy Cozy (Pierro) -- SW, 80SF
East Village (RFTM) -- 2-for-2, 85SF
Tornado Warning (Soldier Field) -- 2-for-2, 83SF
Bells on Sleighs (Jingle) - Stew-bred, 86SF

Don't forget to get your 2YOs in those CAN-bred stakes races Week 7 and 11 of this year!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Long Overdue Farm: Turf Sprint Stallions Y46-47 (Updated W16)

Post by Laura Smith »

Just a little bump to remind everyone that you all should breed to Gentle Touch! Here's why.

Gentle Touch is the leading first-crop TS sire in four categories: # of winners (41), # of SWs (10), earnings ($1.8 million!), and %SWs (18%!)
Gentle Touch's 18% SWs is enough to place him second among all TS sires and seventh of all active TB sires! Neato.
Gentle Touch has sired Rogue, one of only five TS to ever earn a 100SF!
Gentle Touch's sire Gentle Courage has also sired SC winners Being Ridiculous (himself a top sire) and Gather Courage (also 100SF!)
Gentle Touch stands for only $25k, almost $10k less than his average earnings per runner even after only one crop of 2YOs hitting the track.
Gentle Touch is doubly Steward-approved, with the Stew-bred 2YO already a SW of $160k+.
Gentle Touch hypos up to A- with the right mares, but has produced plenty of SWs from B+ crosses!
Gentle Touch stands for only $25,000, less than many of his older contemporaries with lesser stats.
Gentle Touch is pretty and likes mares and he would like yours.

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who has sent or booked nice mares to this guy this season -- even at a quick scan I see at least six or so graded winners or producers bred so far, not even counting bookings -- love you guys, thanks for your support!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Long Overdue Farm: Turf Sprint Stallions Y48 (Updated W11)

Post by Laura Smith »

Mid-season bump for this post. Updated the top post to reflect the retirement of G1SW Because of Cats for $7500, and also Center of Time thinks I know nothing about dirt routers and that he'd do better if he wrote his own ad, so I told him I'd put up whatever he wanted. Anything for a SC Marathon hero!
J.r. Lewis
Grade 3 Winner

Post by J.r. Lewis »

Hilarious lmao
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Happy Week 16, and keep these guys in mind when finishing up your bookings and breedings for the year!

Gentle Touch got a new G1 winner this past Friday when Steward-bred Bells On Sleighs won the $500k Hong Kong Turf Sprint. Congrats to him and his connections, and may there be many more G1 wins to come!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Long Overdue Farm TS Stallions: Gentle Touch, SC winner from first crop

Post by Laura Smith »

I know I'm spamming this thread a bit, but GT's daughter Rogue crushed the Filly and Mare Turf Sprint last night, winning by daylight over a spectacular field of seven millionaires and putting up a 97SF in the process, faster than any other TS SC race.

Gentle Touch stands for only $25k and his average earnings per runner is nearly twice that. He's maintained excellent percentages despite having many more runners than some similarly ranked studs. He obviously has an affinity for Reach for the Moon mares, but has produced stakes winners from a variety of sirelines.

Thanks for your consideration! As always, I'm happy to give discounts for stakesy mares.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Long Overdue Farm: Turf Sprint Stallions (Updated Y49-Break)

Post by Laura Smith »

Updated the top post. Keep these dudes in mind for your last-minute breeding needs.

Gentle Touch had some nice horses this year, including Rogue, who, as many of you know, dominated males in Dubai W6, becoming only the second female to win that race and only the third turf sprinter ever to win a SC race and go on to win in the Desert the following year. She tailed off a bit late-season, but was still good enough to overcome a bad start and run a dead game third in the SC Turf Sprint, again vs. the boys.

The Steward just bred this fancy full brother to Gentle Touch's G1-winning $700k earner Bells On Sleighs... so it's obviously a cross worth pursuing!

Happy breeding to all, and to all a good break!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Long Overdue Farm: Turf Sprint Stallions (Updated Y51W5)

Post by Laura Smith »

Updated top post, including a bunch of SAF stuff. First babies to work are working well, and some of the most promising have yet to hit the track, so keep an eye out. Like I said, Em has sent him three so far, and they all look to be fillies on lease deals, which means she wants SAF fillies in her broodmare band, which means all of us should also probably want that too.

As of now, I've made ten more spots available and am sitting on the final 80, 40 or so of which are spoken for. If you have a really nice mare that you want to send, and you're the kind of person who plans ahead, feel free to message me and I will very happily save you a spot. Sorry, I'm not going to save spots for medium mares; I've already been surprised by people's willingness to spend $55k on a mare with no pedigree, race, or produce record, but hey, everyone plays their own game, right?
Whatever spots remain will be released at the end of the year for your first-come-first-serve breeding pleasure.

Thanks for the support, everyone, and I'm looking forward to watching this guy's stallion career develop over the next few years :)

Also notable: Gentle Touch has a freak 2YO and fancy Stew-bred stakes yearling, and my good ol' boy Center of Time has a Stew-bred freak yearling and even a very nice-looking stakes QH 2YO filly! Hurray for everyone!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Long Overdue Farm: Turf Sprint Stallions (Updated Y51W11)

Post by Laura Smith »

A wee bump for this, as I'm receiving some inquiries re: Strong and Free. There will be about 40ish spots publicly available after W16; he'll probably go up sometime on SC day -- I'll be away that week so I won't be as attentive as usual.
Again, if you have something nice and you want to get it bred before the scramble, shoot me a PM and we can probably fix it up.

Thanks again for all the support! His yearlings are so nice and I'm excited for this year's foal crop as well! Don't forget to support his dad Gentle Touch, who's out on lease at the moment at a reduced price -- get him now before he comes back to me and his price goes back up ;)
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Long Overdue Farm: Strong and Free & Friends (Updated Y51W11)

Post by Laura Smith »

W16 is here and Strong and Free has 30ish public spots left. Some might go up Thursday night if I get online, and the remainder Friday after results.

Keep your eyes open for Loyal By Your Side, a G1-winning Stew-bred son of Chautauqua from a truly excellent family. Retiring after Friday Europe results.

I love that I've managed to teach my phone the word "Stew-bred." Take that, autocorrect.
Happy SC week to all!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

You tease haha I have a star Mare to send to SnF and I keep missing the spots you open up :lol:
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago You tease haha I have a star Mare to send to SnF and I keep missing the spots you open up :lol:
Sowwie! My sim time is pretty intermittent this week!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Hahaha <3
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Oh yeah and I'll be doing those CAN-bred turf sprint stakes races again y52 so plan for that!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Loyal By Your Side won the Runaway (G1) and retired today. $10k and he's hypoing in the upper middle range. I like him and hope you do too!
Some spots open for SAF now with more coming later. Happy SC!