NIGHTMARCH PENSIONED IN 72HRS

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

NIGHTMARCH PENSIONED IN 72HRS

Post by Kaine Saracen »

It is probably past time to get your attention for the soon to be retired, Nightmarch. Nightmarch is a 9 time G1 winning son of out of the Deep Impact mare, Gentildonna by the Black Tide stallion, Kitasan Black.

His Wins stakes wins:
3yo
Northern California Bunbury, G2
London Derby, G1
English Champion Stakes, G1

4yo
Magic Carpet Stakes
Desert Turf Classic, G1
Prince of England Stakes, G1

5yo
Magic Carpet Stakes
Worldwide Stakes, G1

6yo
Worldwide Stakes, G1

Arc de Triomphe Stakes, G1

In addition:
2nd in the Krasinski Stakes, Magical Trevor Stakes G3, Louisville Bunbury G1, Irish Derby G1, English St Leger G1
3rd in the Desert Turf Classic G1, Arc de Triomphe Stakes G1.

His winning distances ranged from 1 1/8th to 2 miles with his suggested best distance being 1 1/4m.
Winning SF's ranged from 87-96.

Like all my retired studs, stud fee will be determined by earnings. So at this point his fee will $89,730 adjusted only by what ever earnings are added in his final start.

Now, due to an exceptional career creating a higher stud fee, to help encourage usage, I will pay to the breeder, 25,000gp's for the fastest 5f turf work sired by Nightmarch that is in the top 50 yearling works in year 51, week 6
Last edited by Kaine Saracen 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Nightmarch

Post by Kaine Saracen »

It's official, the Nightmarch show is over! After a 4th in his final SC Turf, he will be standing for $92,530

First Colt, Hypo'd Flat A. Other hypo's matching the best in the game!
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Dang, had to scroll to China to find this thread..

Simmy Awards Won:
Y50-European Champion Older Male,
Y50-European Horse of the Year

Yes, he is now a dual Simmy winner. Not just off the result of a single race in the region, but through excellent consistency with THREE G1 wins, including a threepeat of the Prince Of England Stakes and a little country race known as the Arc ;).

For breeding durability you can't go past a stud that was at the top of his game for FIVE seasons
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Now a proven producer, having so far produced two G1 winning fillies and a multiple graded stakes winning colt (Artilleryman) out of his first crop.
Wind in the Desert, winner of the year 53 London Oaks and Sazuka March, winner of the year 53 Melbourne Oaks.

Only 8 studs in Sim Turf routing history have stakes winning percentages exceeding 20% and Nightmarch is one of them. Not bad for a stud expected to throw longevity into his offspring. 8-)
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Well... I guess it is time to start planning for the end of a rather underrated stud career. The old fella is now currently 14 and obviously could call it a day at any time. Let's see, what does he have going for him?

$21.6m in progeny earnings from just 74 runners.
Currently FOUR millionaires and an additional 15 six figure earners with plenty more to come in both cases.
71.6% winners from runners, 21.6% stakes winners.
3.5% freaks.
Two high earning sons at stud accumulating 13 G1's between them from 1 3/16 to 2 miles. Artilleryman hypo's nearly as good as the highly touted Brilliance and Mal is comparable to the likes of the popular Summerland
Has a respectable number of fillies retiring as blue hens.

Now for the fun stuff.... and I might need reminding of this at a later date since he is a predominant producer of late bloomers...

IF any progeny of Nightmarch WINS the Arc, I will pay the breeder of that horse $500,000. You may be wondering why this is the case, well it is actually quite simple. Both Artilleryman and Mal went into their respective Arcs after winning their prior races with a 90+SF before tanking in the Arc and then running 90+SF's in their following races, Artilleryman winning and Mal missing by a head.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Getting the right filly out of him has become a quest for me! I didn't manage it in Y57, but I did get a stakes LB from his daughter Nightraid and some decent LB from Mal and Artillaryman. Tell him he isn't allowed to get too old before I find that perfect mare for him!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I'm double crossing my fingers and toes hoping he will hold out for Roughian to earn $70,500. (and she ends up a quality type broodmare...Star or Blue Hen)

I am utterly surprised people didn't use him more. He's a really nice stud !!!

He might also be a great broodmare sire.
His millionaire daughter, Foretold has foaled twice and both are freaks! She is a full sibling to Mal.

COLT - Freak Progressive: Tuck Everlasting
FILLY - Freak Progressive: Rumble Of Thunder

And, since, why deviate from a good thing. I sent Fortitude the dam of Mal (and of Roughian), back to Nightmarch for her last foal this season.
I chose a filly un-named

and she foaled this full sibling to Mal last year :D
FILLY - Freak Late Bloomer: Malcontent

You have a Great sire in Nightmarch, Kaine, I really hate to see him so near the end of his stud career.
I am so hoping one of those 3 Freaks I listed will win that Arc...and if not...maybe that foal will end up a Freak too, and get it done.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

I think Hes gonna be a great broodmare sire
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

The one thing that can not be beaten has arrived!

Nightmarch will be pensioned in just 72hrs.

Active turf router rankings:

$23,316,930 progeny earnings from just 98 runners.
#1 rank freak percentage producer (16% stakes or better, less than 20% claimers)
#1 rank stakes winning percentages.
#1 rank average earnings per runner (#2 all time)
#7 rank progeny earnings

In addition to those numbers, he has no less than FIVE freaks (yearlings and 2yo's)to still hit the track.

Don't let this opportunity pass you by!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: NIGHTMARCH PENSIONED IN 72HRS

Post by Stormy Peak »

I sent some more mares to him tonight. : )
And I'm so looking forward to seeing how the colt and filly from him and Roughian will do on the track.
The colt, has galloped... Stakes Progressive.

Sorry to see his career coming to an end. I've been a fan of his for a long time.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: NIGHTMARCH PENSIONED IN 72HRS

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Thanks Stormy.

Less than 24hrs to go!!!