✚ NYTO LLC. Presents: AWM, AWR, TM, TR, DM, DR

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: ✚ NYTO LLC. Presents: AWM, AWR, TM, TR, DM, DR

Post by Carole Hanson »

There was a TBS dispersal auction a couple of years ago? I think there were 6 studs there. Cracksman and Justify were two more I can remember being in that auction.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Dave Trainer wrote: 5 years ago How many of these went on sale?
There were 5 that were posted on the sales page Monday
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago
Dispersed between TWO players at prices aimed at the top 5%, I believe. :lol:
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Besides this one and the chaser, who are the others? Living under a rock over here, apparently.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 5 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago
Dispersed between TWO players at prices aimed at the top 5%, I believe. :lol:
Yeah the cheapest one was $4 mil :lol:
Laura Smith wrote: 5 years ago Besides this one and the chaser, who are the others? Living under a rock over here, apparently.
I’m not sure on the others, I don’t think they are listed for stud at the moment? I tried to search for them on the freshman page in the stud book but only these two showed up. Lucas did say he got a 3rd one as well. Not sure who got the other two.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

I was on the way out the door to the dentist, and took two seconds to bother to look at the Sim. Glad I did, I got Lalor and Le Vent Se Leve, and a turf router mare Enable, way too expensive for her, IMO. I spent ALL my money in less than 60 seconds. Ought to make a movie: "Gone in 60 seconds!" The other one that was left was another mare, I think. There were only four when I looked. I just went look, click, buy........ Sometimes better lucky than good.
Last edited by Lucas Davenport 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Enable! <3 <3 for $7 mil I’m sure she’s going to have pretty babies!!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Almond Eye went to Susie for $9 million. Had a hunch Almond Eye might be the other mare.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Would have been nice to see these up for auction and get spread out among players.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Dave Trainer wrote: 5 years ago Would have been nice to see these up for auction and get spread out among players.
Would you prefer taxes in the SIM? Horses being sold for ridiculous prices on the sale page has been one of the games preferred method of removing money from the game since before I joined and that was eleven years ago. Sure there is one or two like this guy who are on the better side of average but far more have been 6 million dollar flops. As an Aussie I was heartbroken when I missed out on both Black Caviar and Winx on the sales pages. Would have happily paid the money to say I own them even though they aren’t exactly sim superstars. The steward tries to be kind to us with money removal rather than smacking us with taxes. The money put into the game by purses has to have a way out or we end up with money being worth nothing.

Sometimes in the game we miss out. Sometimes we just have to accept that and wait for when our own opportunities come, which they nearly always do. I promise.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Cleo Patra wrote: 5 years ago
Dave Trainer wrote: 5 years ago Would have been nice to see these up for auction and get spread out among players.
Would you prefer taxes in the SIM? Horses being sold for ridiculous prices on the sale page has been one of the games preferred method of removing money from the game since before I joined and that was eleven years ago. Sure there is one or two like this guy who are on the better side of average but far more have been 6 million dollar flops. As an Aussie I was heartbroken when I missed out on both Black Caviar and Winx on the sales pages. Would have happily paid the money to say I own them even though they aren’t exactly sim superstars. The steward tries to be kind to us with money removal rather than smacking us with taxes. The money put into the game by purses has to have a way out or we end up with money being worth nothing.

Sometimes in the game we miss out. Sometimes we just have to accept that and wait for when our own opportunities come, which they nearly always do. I promise.
I think the point is that more money would come out of the game if these were offered up at auction giving the open market a chance to drive up the prices.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Cleo Patra wrote: 5 years ago

Do you think they would have made less money if they had gone to auction? I don't, so they would have taken more out if they had gone to auction. If one person is prepared to pay "ridiculous prices on the sales page" I'm sure others would.

Its also fairer to everybody who plays the game. Just because something has been done a certain way for years doesn't make it right or best.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

✚ LE VENT SE LEVE ► TBS Stallion. Steward Approved AWM, AWR, TM, TR, DM, DR

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Le Vent Se Leve -Unicorn Stakes by arumck f, on Flickr

Magic: All Route, Some Mile
LE VENT SE LEVE

6yo Bay Thoroughbred Stallion
by (in game) 3x millionaire and 19x six figure producerSymboli Kris S
out of Maestrale, by Neo Universe

► OFFSPRING

Y51 was LVSL's first year at stud.