Dirt Router Steward-bred Stallion

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Dirt Router Steward-bred Stallion

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Would anyone be interested if I offered this guy for free breedings to Star/Blue Hen mares at the end of the year?

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=894046

I haven't entered him in any stakes races (Except for his last one) because I tend to stay the cautious route.

I basically just want to see what kind of a sire he is.
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
3x Simmy Award Winner, 2x Grade 1 winner (including Steward's Cup Dash), 4x Graded Stakes winner
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Re: Dirt Router Steward-bred Stallion

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

I think it´s easier to get mares if he reach that magical 350 k in earnings? Good Luck!
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 5 years ago I think it´s easier to get mares if he reach that magical 350 k in earnings? Good Luck!

Okay, thank you very much! :)
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
3x Simmy Award Winner, 2x Grade 1 winner (including Steward's Cup Dash), 4x Graded Stakes winner
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

Hazel...he's obviously been running pretty well on a consistent basis with upper 80's SFs. I'd recommend running him more in stakes races before he's too old. If you can't get him to the $350K level this year, give him some run at 6...you never know. Good luck!

Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I have his mommy out on lease right now, get his earnings up to help her look good ;)
yeah
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 5 years ago I have his mommy out on lease right now, get his earnings up to help her look good ;)
Lol, I'll do my best ;)
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Phil Hoeflich wrote: 5 years ago Hazel...he's obviously been running pretty well on a consistent basis with upper 80's SFs. I'd recommend running him more in stakes races before he's too old. If you can't get him to the $350K level this year, give him some run at 6...you never know. Good luck!
Thanks Phil! Yes I wanted to start running him in stakes races sooner.. but I can seem to never find any for him- either there's a freak Steward-bred in there or the track is fast (he likes mud) or the shipping is super expensive :oops: I'm hoping to run him in a couple more stakes races, but I wanted to retire him at the end of this year because I leased a huge amount of dirt router mares for cheap that I need a sire for... and I can't afford individual stud fees for them.
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Don't let the track condition deter you from running in an otherwise well-suited race. Condition preference is only one of many factors that go into the results, and a small one at that (the equivalent of winning or losing a photo finish, I believe it's been said.)

The thing about stallions is, they get an automatic downgrade to their "stallion ability" if they retire with under 350k in earnings, so it's really worth it to try to get to that mark. Choose a circuit and stick to it- shipping around just to find off tracks might be hurting more than it's helping. Good luck!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Piggy backing off of what Laura said about shipping around I’ve found that some horses seem to love certain tracks, in this guy’s case it’s Puerto Rico as he runs out of hia mind there! https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=911436
yeah
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

You've done a super job with your stallion, finding good races for him. You're on a tough time schedule trying to get his earnings to 350k this year though. I suggest you just continue with the same mindset while searching for races while putting a much larger emphasis on earnings per start. Fingers crossed you make it in time. Good luck!

(If your horse only "like" a certain kind of track, I wouldn't care much about it. I wouldn't care much about travelling far either as long as the earnings are worth the extra time he may need to recover).
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Laura Smith wrote: 5 years ago Don't let the track condition deter you from running in an otherwise well-suited race. Condition preference is only one of many factors that go into the results, and a small one at that (the equivalent of winning or losing a photo finish, I believe it's been said.)

The thing about stallions is, they get an automatic downgrade to their "stallion ability" if they retire with under 350k in earnings, so it's really worth it to try to get to that mark. Choose a circuit and stick to it- shipping around just to find off tracks might be hurting more than it's helping. Good luck!
Thank you Laura, honestly, I didn't know any of that, especially the downgraded "stallion ability." :oops: Thank you so much for letting me know! Yes, I do end up spending a lot of money avoiding big horses... but I guess second or third is better than nothing! I'll be keeping him on the track for as long as possible then :)
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 5 years ago Piggy backing off of what Laura said about shipping around I’ve found that some horses seem to love certain tracks, in this guy’s case it’s Puerto Rico as he runs out of hia mind there! https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=911436

Thank you for the example! Perhaps I'll find one that Shawshank prefers so I can keep him there :)
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS
Hazel Anthony
Miler

Post by Hazel Anthony »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 5 years ago You've done a super job with your stallion, finding good races for him. You're on a tough time schedule trying to get his earnings to 350k this year though. I suggest you just continue with the same mindset while searching for races while putting a much larger emphasis on earnings per start. Fingers crossed you make it in time. Good luck!

(If your horse only "like" a certain kind of track, I wouldn't care much about it. I wouldn't care much about travelling far either as long as the earnings are worth the extra time he may need to recover).
Thank you, that's kind of you to say so! :) I didn't realize I had to get to 350k in earnings with him, so honestly I wasn't even trying :oops: Now that I know, I'm definitely going to be keeping him on the track for another year :) Thank you so much for your advice, I really appreciate it!
Anthony Meadows

Standing:

Cerebro
Appy DS