Breed a Freak

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Breed a Freak

Post by Cleo Patra »

Would you like to get your hands on a millionaire earning freak producing broodmare?

Of course you would!

I’m setting a challenge. If you breed a foal by any of my stallions this season (including those who retire later this year) and the foal gallops freak at the next Festivus, you get to select any one of my broodmares to lease next season. This includes mares like Special to You, She Stole My Heart, Perfect Match, Speak of Me etc etc.

If more than one person breeds a freak, I’ll do a random draw to select a winner and those that don’t get selected will receive a consolation prize of $500,000

Steward-breds excluded (sorry Em, I still love you!)

The winner will be selected and/or announced in the day or two leading up to year 54 week 1 day 1.

Happy breeding! May the slide be with you.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Breed a Freak

Post by Fern Thompson »

I chose Farseer to breed with my formdiable mare who produced a stakes colt this year! Having said that, I'm sure this one https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1144962& will not be a freak. The random slide does not favor me at all, but it was fun hypoing some of the mares with your stallions!
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

I love this idea!
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Please note: Venetian has been leased out for the season, so Jennifer Blake's Wintergreen foal will be the only one of his foals this year eligible for the prize.
AT STUD
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

I relise if I am to win this contest it will be in Turf routers as that is where my on paper best mares are even though they have not produced much in a while

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1145218 so I bred this one
her only freak so far is by Two Toned who is Time Limits sire so I have hopes
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Then What about Aces Daughter Beyond Imagination well as she is by two toned going with a Two Toned Kid sounded a bit to inbred so tht disqualified two out of three of your sires
I will admit I don't really know how well The Good Kisser has done a s a sire but this game is all about taking the right risks so here goes nothing
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1145219
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

I might try a couple of my drs later on and hope for a miracle but I think those two are my best chance
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Farseer hypos as good as any dr and he’ll see a couple from me this season. This is a marvellous promotion.

Thanks for the opportunity Cleo!
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

I’ve never bred a freak TB before so my hopes are low. However I sent all my stars and blue hens to your studs so fingers crossed for a random slide. If I had seen this sooner Alone In the Light would have seen farseer this year.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

It takes one, to breed one!

Wait a moment, if that were true, I'd have done it already :?:

Bred a pair thus far.

More to come :arrow:
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Putting a spotlight on...
AFTER THE DISCO

Disco is the oldest of my studly crew, and also the freakiest. By Firefly and from a Voldemort mare, he can be a useful outcross to many bloodlines. So far he has sired 5 millionaires and 11 freaks.

So what is hot?
His 11 freaks are from the following damsires: Anointed, Be Prepared, Doctor (x2), Flames, Halloween Town, Keyboard Courage, Man of Mystery, Messiah, Rambling and You Are I Am
5 of his freaks are Steward-bred and 6 are Player-bred

His 30 stakes gallopers are from the following damsires: Anointed (x2), Doc Halladay, Doctor, Easy On the Eyes (x3), Flames, Godzuki, Harry Potter, Just Victory (x2), Keep Your Promise, Keyboard Courage, Maelstrom, Man of Mystery (x3), Mint, Mohaymen, Newsroom, Oncoming Storm, Paramount, Rambling, Sherwood, Stay Inside, Vanquish, Whirlpool, Whitespire and You Are I Am
9 of his stakes gallopers are Steward-bred and 21 are Player-bred

He doesn't seem to have a colt/filly bias, with the 41 freaks and stakes gallopers including 21 males and 20 females.

Please note; gallops are as listed by the game as at time of posting
AT STUD
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

CONQUERER

Conquerer is my Derby winning pride and joy. His oldest progeny are now 5yos. He has 1 millionaire (with another one likely to come with her first start this year) and has averaged 2 freaks per crop for a total of 8. His babies are winning over everything from 9 furlongs to 2 miles so he can really add versatility to your mares.

So what is hot?
His 8 freaks are from the following damsires: Doctor, Father Ralph, Heart of the Storm, Keep Your Promise, Messiah, Oncoming Storm, Rambling and Spectre
4 of his freaks are Steward-bred and 4 are Player-bred

His 16 stakes gallopers are from the following damsires: Grant, Harry Potter, Heart of the Storm, Horcrux, Man of Mystery, Messiah, Oncoming Storm (x2), Purify, Rambling, Stay Inside (x3), Sword, This Moment and Vanquish
6 of his stakes gallopers are Steward-bred and 10 are Player-bred

He doesn't seem to have a colt/filly bias, with an exactly half split between males and females in his freak/stakes gallopers. That said, the Steward really likes breeding fillies from this guy (10 bred, 3 colts and 7 fillies).

AT STUD
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

FARSEER

Farseer is Conquerer's little baby half brother. His first crop of 2yos hit the track this year. He has produced at least one freak in both his seasons at stud. Will your foal be his next??

So what is hot?
His 3 freaks are from the following damsires: Doctor, Rambling and Thunder Road
2 of his freaks are Steward-bred and 1 is Player-bred

His 12 stakes gallopers are from the following damsires: Anointed, Be Prepared, Man of Mystery, Rambling, Spectre, Stay Inside (x3), Sudden Regret, Tahoe, Vortex and You Are I Am
2 of his stakes gallopers are Steward-bred and 10 are Player-bred

He may be starting to show a filly bias. Of his 15 freaks and stakes, only 6 are colts. However, 2 of those colts are steward-bred freaks. I'm not quite sure what to make of that, but maybe you guys will figure it out!

AT STUD
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Let me know if the spotlight mini-articles are useful. I ran out of time to keep doing them for the rest of the boys!
AT STUD
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

I'm finding them very useful Cleo :)