Help Me Breed Stupid Blue Hens

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Help Me Breed Stupid Blue Hens

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Now that I've gotten it moved to the correct category...

And they are STUPID, let me tell you right now. Mares like these make you want to tear your hair out.

First up is Stars Will Dance. Grade one winning daughter of Through the Ghost and Tempest, so you know she's got the pedigree. Blue hen. First foal was a freak by You Are Not Alone who went on to be a millionaire. She also has a three-year-old stakes by You Are Not Alone who has just barely managed to break her maiden. Her next best is an allowance by Hold Above, who was also pretty bad. She has two productives, one by Conquerer and one by Heart of the Storm. Prince Louder, Spectre, and Doctor all got foals that aren't worth mentioning. Flat A or A- hypos with everything (You Are Not Alone is an A-).

Second is Lady So Divine, Through the Ghost's half sister by You Are I Am who was not too shabby on the track herself. Going stamina with James Dean got one of her worst foals, and Happy This Way was even worse. Speed got allowance gallopers by All of Time and Prince Louder, a stakes by Allonsy, and a Steward-bred freak by One Last Breath. Flat A or A- hypos with everything.

Third is Maps From Memory, multiple graded winning Steward-bred daughter of Through the Ghost (see a theme with these first three brats?). Allowance by Man of Mystery and an incredibly disappointing solid by The People's Horse. Hypos A- with almost everything I've tried her with except, weirdly, Heart of the Storm (B+).

Next up is Believe As You May, grade one winning Steward-bred. She got a grade one winner by I Am Right Here who is wildly inconsistent on the track and the most frustrating racer I've ever had. Then two absolutely horrible foals by Sidney and Fireproof. I threw her at two randoms just for the heck of it for her last two and got an allowance by King Michael and a solid by King George. Hypos A- with upper tier studs (Reddington, Sidney, Take Me Up, I Am Right Here, Quieter Time, etc.) only, B+ with everything else.

Fifth, I have Still Small Voice, multiple graded winning Steward-bred granddaughter of Olive Branch. She's gone to three of the best out there (Kingsmen, Fireproof and Nightmarch) and gotten two middle of the road allowances and a solid (Nightmarch). Gets an A- with everything.

This last hen wasn't much on the track but she is out of one of my favorite homebreds. Crystal Horse is by the mighty Two Toned and out of grade one winning Jade Horse. The female family has some serious back class that I keep hoping to tap into and have thus far had little success. So far, this blue blooded mare has a claimer by Summerland and solids by Coleman Hell and Loveless.

Any ideas for these brats would be much appreciated before they earn themselves an early pension or sale.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Re: Help Me Breed Stupid Blue Hens

Post by Tim Matthews »

Cool mares! In order, off the top of my head~

Maybe After the Disco, or something Messiah-lined, like Circle of Life or maybe a JD colt if you can bear the risk

Back to One Last Breath, otherwise either try Maelstrom/Man of Mystery line or Rambling line again (kingdom come, gladiator)

Conquerer gives you sword 3x3, othersie perhaps something with Messiah

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'd try Quieter Time.

Definitely Reddington. Or Itoko line, Take Me Up etc. or something cheap because who knows about richard parker. I find TRs to be all over the place.

Also reddington. Reddington solves all problems. or my horse if you want reddington lite.*

-Nota bene i suck at breeding. just a couple of quick ideas with no support

*Edit - actually No One is Safe for Still Small Voice gets you 3x3 to Olive Branch, kinda neat. I swore I wouldn't do an ad in this post, but here I am, doing an ad.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Tim Matthews wrote: 4 years ago *Edit - actually No One is Safe for Still Small Voice gets you 3x3 to Olive Branch, kinda neat. I swore I wouldn't do an ad in this post, but here I am, doing an ad.
This might happen because my patented "move" when breeding TBs is to linebreed the great mares! :D

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I can’t help with the DR since I know nothing but I’ll try to help with the TR mares:

Believe As You May-Reddington
Her best foal is from his arguably lesser half brother so I think that line is worth a shot again, plus Reddington is getting older now so there’ll be less opportunities to breed to him in the future.

Still Small Voices-King of Monsters
This sire is 14 now so it’s your last chance with this one. He has produced both distance and speedy types which I think is ideal for this mare who is a bit confused about which quality she likes more. Plus Cookie is an awesome broodmare.

Crystal Horse-Speak With Fists
This somewhat younger sire has speed which I think is what your girl needs, plus he has a very very nice female family. He is a bit underestimated as a sire I think despite having 2 freaks on the ground from 2 crops.

I didn’t advertise any of my studs but if you want to have a look and see what you think then Satono Moon and Moon Faced seem good distance options and King of Ashes is more of a speed type. And if you’re feeling wild Oxidized is less than $3k and has a Stakes on the ground and several allowances ;)
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

I hypomated Believe As You May and Still Small Voices with Country House. He is a real life stallion with his first crop this year (including lots of Steeplechasers) so I don't know if he is speedy or stamina. He hypos A- with your mares. I would love for him to get some decent mares and good stats. I know you would be taking a little chance here ;) He is listed as unspecified, but he hypos very well with Turf Routers and All Weather Routers (and steeplechasers).

Sorry for the advertising... ;)
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

The best way to get something extraordinary out of a stupid blue hen is to sell her really cheap in exasperation and then watch her new owner produce freak animals again and again! That's what I did.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Pepper Carol wrote: 4 years ago The best way to get something extraordinary out of a stupid blue hen is to sell her really cheap in exasperation and then watch her new owner produce freak animals again and again! That's what I did.
That is the truth, Pepper! LOL
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Pepper Carol wrote: 4 years ago The best way to get something extraordinary out of a stupid blue hen is to sell her really cheap in exasperation and then watch her new owner produce freak animals again and again! That's what I did.
Ugh, preach! I've done it before...

Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

You could always lease...
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago You could always lease...
There's only one on that list that I'd really feel like leasing at this point in time. The rest, I'm either trying to get a good filly from or something of decent quality, period.

Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

I wish you'd tell us how you really feel about these mares! Geez, so shy! ;)
I hypo-mated the TR mares with my one and only stallion, Big Cy https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=732083
Here's what I got: Believe As You May: B+; Still Small Voice: A-; Crystal Horse: B+

Just a thought--lord knows I'm not the Steward!
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Just making a short note since I should be in the car on my way north already but for Stars Will Dance - try one of Mint's sons?
Tempest's second best foal was sired by Mint etc. Hear you Me's dam (Mayaangels) was bred to Through the Ghost by Emily at one point - which makes me think the lines should work through both Hear you Me's sire and dam.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Bump. Anyone else have ideas for the dirt routers?

Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Stars Will Dance x Farseer...the foal will ‘look’ like an outcross, but get by the first few generations and you have inbreeding to Wonder over inbreeding to Clearly Best. Love it!

Lady So Divine x Gladiator...he’s classically bred and the best son of Rambling.

Believe as You May x Cats in the Cradle...is an A- cross. His first and only crop was limited to 12 and came up with a stake gallop. I do get many A- crosses with him and I am hopeful he’ll be a good stud. He is half to the nice stallion Halley’s Comet (sire of Black Comet, earnings $2.2 million)

So far, I can look at the other 2 tomorrow. Best of luck Erin
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Really appreciate all the suggestions, everyone! I'm working on getting these girls booked now ;)