Talk TM to me

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Talk TM to me

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Other than Distant Dream is there any other TM stud that really stands out? I’m kinda tired of seeing him everywhere (no offence Tamara ❤️❤️❤️) he is lovely, but if all TMs are related to him (and Frankel) that will prove to be troublesome for future generations. I have a LOT of DD in my barn and would like to diversify a little ☺️ I know a lot depends on the mare, but I just wanted to know what’s out there (besides just raw studbook numbers). What lines do your boys seem to cross extra good with? Anyone have a stud that loves DD mares? 😅 I ESPECIALLY am looking for something that has potential as a broodmare sire

I can start I guess, my leased stud Beast Mode has a stakes foal out of a World Wide Fame mare (he only has 7 foals and 1 is a Stakes 😜)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Re: Talk TM to me

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

The struggle is real for me and my Distant Dream mare, Kickstart My Heart lol

I like Red Ferns, Steelslayer off the top of my head. I'm anxious to see how All of Us Dreamers will do in the shed.
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Admittedly this is my bias talking but I think Red Ferns is very nice. Stakes winners % is comparable to Distant Dream, his average progeny earnings are over 2x his stud fee (and his oldest crop is only 5 so that number has the potential to go up further as more of his horses race full careers. He's the sire of a steward's cup winner which is impressive enough but that filly wasn't actually even his highest galloping horse of that crop (the horse that galloped better wasn't fit when they debuted which slowed them down). He's young so it's hard to know for sure what he'll do as a broodmare sire but he does have one stakes winner out of a mare that never raced. Sire of that horse is Distant Dream so maybe the cross will work the other way as well though as of now he seems to be doing particularly well with Bright Heart/Dark Heart mares. And while his best horses have thus far all been Steward Breds he does have a stakes galloping playerbred and 5 stakes winning player breds.

I also really like Peaceful and feel he does not get the credit he deserves. He's only had one stewardbred who has yet to race so that puts him at a bit of a disadvantage to studs with more (I have found in turf milers in particular it seems the stewardbreds are on a very different field than the playerbreds) but he has managed to sire 10 stakes winners from playerbred horses. I like him with Stefan and Aleksander mares the later being 3x3 to Seven Keys. Crossing him to a Rilian mare gives you 3x3 to Shalom but that cross has yet to really produce anything of note. His average progeny earnings are over 3x his stud fee (though admittedly his fee and those earnings are lower than Red Ferns).

For both sires (and all my sires though I cap the number at 5/year for Colored Spotlights) I give full stud fee refunds for any graded stakes-winning/producing mares and a 50% refund for any listed stakes-winning/producing mare.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I’m not super convinced by Steelslayer, his great foals are all Stewardbreds, well all except one who looks like she was a mega random slide 😳 from 336 foals he only has 10 six figure or up earners, one was a slide, four are stewies, and 5 are playerbred. Not overly encouraging.

Same with Red Ferns, a little better with 183 foals he has 9 six figure and up earners, 4 stewies take the top spots, though his highest earning playerbred foal is just over $250k. Also Old Dan so far has very unimpressive as a broodmare sire, though maybe Red Ferns didn’t inherit that? 🤷‍♀️ (It also doesn’t help he gave me a DC and made me sad lol)

That being said I may give Peaceful a go! 208 foals, ten six figure earners and none are stewies. Worth sending a mare to!

Edit: and All of Us Dreamers has been good to me so far! I hope he keeps it up ❤️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Saturnalia, Saxon Warrior, Cracksman. These are solid choices.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I mean the clear answer is Pepper Jack Boudin who retires this year! ;)
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Well, For how many mares Saturnalia saw last year I would have expected better results, especially for his fee. And with real life studs it’s hard to see how they do with a certain distance, even if they are “any turf”, especially when they are so new. So for that price, it’s a pretty big gamble.

Same deal for Saxon Warrior, and he only has 2 six figure earners, and one is a stewardbred. And both are routers, so maybe he likes the route a little more than the other distances?

And same again for Cracksman, who I’m obsessed with for sprinters lol only 2 six figure earners, one is a stewie, BUT one is a TM, so maybe I’ll send him a lady

🤷‍♀️ They are all still pretty new sires, so may be worth a gamble, but I’m sure there are better deals out there imho
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago I mean the clear answer is Pepper Jack Boudin who retires this year! ;)
I’m ponying up for PJB regardless. I swore that I would a couple of SCs ago.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago I mean the clear answer is Pepper Jack Boudin who retires this year! ;)
YESSSSSS! Fingers crossed!!! I am pretty sure I reserved names for his babies already lol
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Steelslayer - when he hits, he hits. Of his 336 foals, only 219 are 3yos and up - mile races for 2yos haven't started yet. He's got a 2yo player-bred freak (out of a DD mare) and his yearling crop looks pretty good.

Knock Four Times has also crossed well with DD mares.

I'm interested in Pepper Jack Boudin, but I also like Maurice, that colt's sire. He's been under the radar, priced at $10k, an outcross, and has sired three freaks, including my homebred King Moonracer.

I also like Keep Us Close and Between the Stars, of stallions not mentioned yet.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Awesome tips! I sent a couple mares to Maurice <3
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

ok my answer is my Stud Barn

Send Your Regards , For Goodness Sake and ofcourse Super Powers who also is a good reason why Steelslayer is awesome as he is A steelslayer out of a Dark Heart mare
and I will also add to this my old ones And Be A Doctor and Make My Own Path
Other than that I like Heal Not Hurt who is one of few horses I have managed to get a stakes out of who is me bred and not steward bred
the other is DD but you didnt want him haha
close To The Best is the last one I have bred a stakes to so I will mention him to and reason being if I can breed a stakes with them they have to be awesome haha