Year 54 Dave Matthews Band

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Re: Year 54 Dave Matthews Band

Post by Jon Xett »

Week 7 Crown contest:
The horse that finishes highest in the week 7 Baltimore Crown that is owned by a SIMHorseracing.com player who does not have a Dave Matthews Band year 54 foal; will receive two free Dave Matthews Band breeding slots (if they want them, if they don't mind me being the breeder of record). If they do not have two dirt route/dirt mile mares they think fit with DMB, I will send them two random foals or yearlings (if they want them, if they don't mind me being the breeder of record). "The thrill of winning the Baltimore Crown with Dave Matthews Band still lingers deep inside my heart." jX

Note: "highest" does not mean medical marijuana high, but rather the horse's finishing position at the line. Get your mind outta the 70s. wry smile, jX
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Jon Xett wrote: 4 years ago Note: "highest" does not mean medical marijuana high, but rather the horse's finishing position at the line. Get your mind outta the 70s. wry smile, jX
Pssst...it’s legal here in Canada...ready for a visit north of the border Jon?
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Week 7 winner: Xander Zone. Que the music...One toke over the line.... Congratulations xZ on your amazing race winner in the same race Dave Matthews Band won and on winning the DMB breedings. jX.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Happy Week 9.
let’s see how this plays out-
From Friday week 9 through Friday week 10:

For the first 20 players that do not already have a foal this year; If you have a dirt route mare with a B+ or better hypo-mate rating, and would like a random selected gender/color/marking THEN send me your mare via zero $SIM lease and I will bred your mare and send you the foal back for $75,000 and send your mare back.
Special prorated stud fees can be arranged for players who qualify based on low bank $SIM numbers.
A bonus drawing will be made for another breeding in week 10 or 11 for players who send a straight A mare.
Note to The Steward: I will be on line this weekend for your Dave Matthews Band breedings if your mare(s)? are ready. jX
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

❤️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

As of 12/7, we are half way through the 20 foal contest for week 10. I have had a blast talking with SIM players and viewing their mare choice or foal pedigree. jX
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

I'm having a bit of fun watching all of this play out, and wonder what contest or special promotion will be next?
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Steve Leavitt wrote: 4 years ago I'm having a bit of fun watching all of this play out, and wonder what contest or special promotion will be next?
I can't wait for Dave Matthews Band themed Karaoke night for breeding spots!
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Arm wrestling?
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

There were #13 players took advantage of the week 9/10 contest that ended Friday. The random numbers that were preselected for a 2nd free breeding were #6 and #11 (with #14 and #20 not in play).

By my unofficial tally this morning; there have been #84 out of #120 Dave Matthews Band bred foals and #46 different people have high hopes for their new foals.

Since I was the blue ribbon winning 7th grade gym class standing broad-jump champion in 1970, the next contest centers around whoever can best my 1970 leap. .... wait for it.... naw, don't do it, I cannot be responsible for twisted ankles and busted knees.

The next contest is much simpler: I will be releasing breedings to Dave Matthews Band at random times -So- the contest is open to everyone at anytime -So- if you see a breeding slot, please know that the breeding to Dave Matthews Band is truly available.

As a bonus offer: I will give away one of my DMB foals to the first person who correctly answers the following question: What number (#) titled Dave Matthews Band song is considered a tribute to founding DMB member, LeRoi Moore? Hint 1: I witnessed the band play the song on LeRoi's birthday in Tahoe a couple of years ago. Hint 2: The song is a lovely saxophone heavy instrumental tune.

Update 1, 12/14: Steve Leavitt grabbed the first open Dave Matthews Band slot. Rapidly done Steve! I will update the bonus offer winner when they get the correct answer. jX @ 11:45 Mountain Time (US)
Update 2, 12/15: Aeon Knight was the beneficiary of my sleepless night. (The DMB opening was created around 3 am my time Saturday night.)
Update 3,12/16: Unbeknownst surprise breeding by a player who randomly bred to Dave Matthews Band but was unaware of the current process. Nice.
Update 4, 12/17: Mr. Mike Eaton was down to one mare left to breed and saw today's release of Dave Matthews Band to become the newest member of the DMB foal club. Good fortune.

jX
Last edited by Jon Xett 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

The Dreaming Tree.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Is it #41?
yeah
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

Unfortunately (for me), you may be right, Dylan. I saw "#41", but wasn't sure, so I went with the other song.
On the other hand, DMB WAS open for breeding at the same time and I got in the last one...I think.
Last edited by Steve Leavitt 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I didn't have the money to breed a mare right now, I've been spending a lot lately so I was hoping I could win this!
yeah
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Week 11 update 2: Congratulations Aeon Knight who discovered Dave Matthews Band for her nice mare.

No one has correctly guessed (yet) the Dave Matthews Band song for the free Xett bred highly hypo- rated Dave Matthews Band foal. By answering the question correctly, a new player or someone with little to no $SIM money could win a DMB foal. She's free to the winner.

Keep checking back in this forum thread for more information. jX