Year 54 Dave Matthews Band

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: Year 54 Dave Matthews Band

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago If Jon can do what he wants with DMB, I don’t see why the new owners of The People’s Horse can’t do what they want with him.

Seems there is a negative light when it comes to the Knatz/Escobar/JR Smith partnership and there studs, but they purchased them fair and square.

There are lots of very viable studs to use. We should not get caught up on one stud. If something is not available I just move on to the next. Simple.
^^
yeah
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

There will be plenty less if everyone makes their studs private to avoid the mass breeders having their cake and eating it.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago There will be plenty less if everyone makes their studs private to avoid the mass breeders having their cake and eating it.
It doesn’t make sense for most people to do that so I don’t think we need to worry about it
yeah
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I have no problem with what Jon is doing with this particular horse, even though it’s so far prevented me from sending Thirlestaine (freak Bibliomania daughter who gets an A hypo with him). I’ll either wait until I get a chance (no idea how that will happen since this is the first time I’ve properly logged in for two weeks, let alone had time to send jX a message). Or I send a super well bred filly to whichever of my own stallions needs a cute date. I was lucky enough to get a stakes daughter from his first season so I don’t necessarily have to try for another one.

Booked full stallions really don’t bother me. Like Summerland missed out on seeing Special to You this season because he was booked full so I went to Le Vent Se Leve instead. I wish my own stallions were sought after enough to even get a quarter of a book filled :lol:
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Cleo Patra wrote: 4 years ago I have no problem with what Jon is doing with this particular horse, even though it’s so far prevented me from sending Thirlestaine (freak Bibliomania daughter who gets an A hypo with him). I’ll either wait until I get a chance (no idea how that will happen since this is the first time I’ve properly logged in for two weeks, let alone had time to send jX a message). Or I send a super well bred filly to whichever of my own stallions needs a cute date. I was lucky enough to get a stakes daughter from his first season so I don’t necessarily have to try for another one.

Booked full stallions really don’t bother me. Like Summerland missed out on seeing Special to You this season because he was booked full so I went to Le Vent Se Leve instead. I wish my own stallions were sought after enough to even get a quarter of a book filled :lol:
Whoa, what? Summerland isn't booked full...

EDIT: WHAT?! why did nobody tell me that it put it at 120 reserved?! that wasn't supposed to be a thing. I definitely did NOT do that.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago
Cleo Patra wrote: 4 years ago I have no problem with what Jon is doing with this particular horse, even though it’s so far prevented me from sending Thirlestaine (freak Bibliomania daughter who gets an A hypo with him). I’ll either wait until I get a chance (no idea how that will happen since this is the first time I’ve properly logged in for two weeks, let alone had time to send jX a message). Or I send a super well bred filly to whichever of my own stallions needs a cute date. I was lucky enough to get a stakes daughter from his first season so I don’t necessarily have to try for another one.

Whoa, what? Summerland isn't booked full...

EDIT: WHAT?! why did nobody tell me that it put it at 120 reserved?! that wasn't supposed to be a thing. I definitely did NOT do that.
I BRED MY TRs too soon!!!!! I WANTED to use Summerland on two of my mares. I’m sad now! Well next sim year I will send him some lovers.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Thank you Jon for the breeding! It was a pleasant surprise; I was like "Did I enter a contest? I don't remember doing that..." :lol: I'm excited to see how my new boy does. If anyone has a name suggest feel free to toss it out :D
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

I'm just hoping for another date with DMB!
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

Thank you so much for opening up a slot for one of my mares!
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

RRH how about Wise St David for a name :)
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Week 6 contest:
The horse that finishes second in the week 6 Louisville Derby will receive two free Dave Matthews Band breeding slots (if they want them, if they don't mind me being the breeder of record). If they do not have two dirt route/dirt mile mares they think fit with DMB, I will send them two random foals or yearlings (if they want them, if they don't mind me being the breeder of record). "I like horses that finish second in the big stakes races." jX
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Hahahaha! Love it :D
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Bravo Mr Xett!
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Marvel placed in an impressively gritty performance. L. Ferguson.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Thank you! Sending you a message now.