Cats in the Cradle

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Cats in the Cradle

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Meet CATS IN THE CRADLE

At the track
Broke his maiden at first asking with a 94 speed figure.
Hit the board in 28 of 40 starts, he ran from 2 throughout his 9 year old season.
Career included winning 3 listed stakes and
Queen’s Memorial, Grade 3 in Hong Kong,
Philippine Derby, Grade 2 in Philippines,
Bangladore Derby, Grade 2 in India,
Indian Classic, Grade 1 in India,
Irish St Leger, Grade 2 in Ireland,
July Classic, Grade 2 in South Africa.

Breeding
Without a key race to his credit, I would be happy to keep him private. Here’s the thing, he hypos so darn nice. I’ve seen as many flat A crosses with him than I have on most any other turf route stud, from Reddington to Phenomenal One. I check just about everything.

Let the gallops tell the tale...his first year at stud saw only 12 mares, including 1 stake, 2 allowance and 4 productive. His second year saw 23 mares, with 5 stake, (only 1 of them a Steward bred), 6 allowance and 4 productive. Cats himself was a solid gallop until week 9 of his 2 year old year, late bloomer, I’d say.

And our own Steward has bred another of her fine mares to him. Meet No One But You, sadly, that great mare’s last foal.

I have no intention of making him private at this time, but he’s already 11 years old and won’t be around forever.

Thank you for reading and I hope you’ll give him a shot!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: Cats in the Cradle

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Sorry I left this unfinished...here’s his link Cats in the Cradle, presently standing for $35,000.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Just thought I’d mention, he’s a half brother to Halley’s Comet
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Used him a half dozen times last night as I bred my turf router blue hen's. Its not like I don't have other options. He gave me straight A's with at least four and I didn't hypo most of them. If you sort the turf router stallion list by percentage of stakes produced he is a strong #2 with 17%. 17% stakes, strong hypos, and 35K: he is a stone cold bargain. Probably should be at 55K-60K.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Thanks Lucas!
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

This post was just as good as a simperior edge issue lol
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Thank you Pete! I’m always willing to take your money, lol.

Seriously, best of luck to all who have used Cats in the Cradle now and in future.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 4 years ago Used him a half dozen times last night as I bred my turf router blue hen's. Its not like I don't have other options. He gave me straight A's with at least four and I didn't hypo most of them. If you sort the turf router stallion list by percentage of stakes produced he is a strong #2 with 17%. 17% stakes, strong hypos, and 35K: he is a stone cold bargain. Probably should be at 55K-60K.
How do you sort the stallion list by % of stakes produced?

Sorry to hijack the thread Nick!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Emmie Kay wrote: 4 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago
Lucas Davenport wrote: 4 years ago Used him a half dozen times last night as I bred my turf router blue hen's. Its not like I don't have other options. He gave me straight A's with at least four and I didn't hypo most of them. If you sort the turf router stallion list by percentage of stakes produced he is a strong #2 with 17%. 17% stakes, strong hypos, and 35K: he is a stone cold bargain. Probably should be at 55K-60K.
How do you sort the stallion list by % of stakes produced?

Sorry to hijack the thread Nick!
In the search filter drop down bar, just choose Stakes rather than Freak. I actually use Stakes % more than Freak, since I know I’ll never breed one! Haha.
Ah sorry I mean where do you find find this filter? Is it in the stud book? I can’t find it, all I see is stats that are sorted by racing stats (wins, stakes wins, progeny $ etc.)
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

In the stud book, click on turf routers. Then when you're on that page, there's gallop stat which defaults to freak. Change that to stakes. Hope that helps!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 4 years ago In the stud book, click on turf routers. Then when you're on that page, there's gallop stat which defaults to freak. Change that to stakes. Hope that helps!
Ah I see, thank you! I was looking at rankings rather than the specific categories.

Sorry again Nick! Breed to Cats in the Cradle!!!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

No problem Carole. Glad someone helped you sort it out.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Only 3 spots left before he’s closed to the public. I want to thank all who have used him and wish you all the very best of luck with your foals.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago Only 3 spots left before he’s closed to the public. I want to thank all who have used him and wish you all the very best of luck with your foals.
Thanks for the heads up
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000