Kilcreggan now standing at stud!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Kilcreggan now standing at stud!

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Kilcreggan

Why Kilcreggan?
I can think of a million reasons why I would want to breed to Kilcreggan but they are likely irrelevant to the general public so here are a few for you all. To start with, he won 3 straight Grade 1s including the Steward's Cup Steeplechase, not to bad if you ask me. With those 3 Grade 1s straight he was pushed up to the 7th highest earning chaser male of all time and 13th for any gender. While he was great on the track he is also the first son to stud out of the great I Love to Jump so, if you have an I Love to Jump shaped hole in your heart Kilcreggan could just fill it! Finally, he has been hypoed to my very few mares and has given some awesome results! 5 As and 1 A-, all but one of those is on par with Lalor, the top chase stud now!

On the track:
An uneventful 3 year old season culminated in a very respectable 5th place finish in the Steward's Cup Derby Chase. After this race, he came into my possession where he started with a respectable 3rd place finish in stakes company. After racking up 2 non-stakes wins in his next 3 starts Kilcreggan proceeded to turn a corner after week 9(presumably made a jump in ability)rattling off 2 straight stakes wins one of them being a Grade 3. He started his 3rd season on the track as a 5 year old with a 2nd in Grade 3 competition, an off the board finish in Grade 1 competition and then a Grade 2 win, his biggest to the date. After that Kilcreggan won a tough listed stakes and ran 2nd in back to back Grade 1's to a very good horse. That brought him to his second Steward's Cup where he ran a disappointing but respectable 4th in the Steward's Cup Gold Cup. Better with age seems to be the story of this guy's life and that would not change in his 6 year old season. While he started slowly with a 3rd in a Grade 2 that was to be expected after such a tough end to his last season. He proceeded to pick up a win in listed stakes company then came out to run 4th in the Grade 1 Imperial Empire, one of the best non Steward's Cup Chase races. That loss seemed to light a fire under this guy however as he has rattled off 3 straight wins in his next 3 including 2 Grade 1 victories. In the final start of his career, Kilcreggan ran first in the Steward's Cup Steeplechase, the most prestigious race for male Chasers. He has now retired to stud and is ready for your mares!
Last edited by Dylan Christensen 3 years ago, edited 7 times in total.
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: Kilcreggan now standing at stud!

He also got a B hypo with one of Ali Hedgestone's TR mares so you could try him multi-surface though I don't recommend it :lol:
yeah
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

C/A brilliant - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1209442 (multiple graded winner 50%)
C/A brilliant - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1209461 (graded stakes winner 50%)
C/A brilliant - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1209483 (A hypo 25% off)
C/A brilliant - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1209470 (4th mare free)
Last edited by Rochelle Bos 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Last edited by Dylan Christensen 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
yeah
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

I hypo'd just one to Kilcreggan, a random brilliant, (Dogfox Attraction) and got an A+. Looks very promising! Mine are already bred for this year.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Lucas Davenport wrote: 4 years ago I hypo'd just one to Kilcreggan, a random brilliant, (Dogfox Attraction) and got an A+. Looks very promising! Mine are already bred for this year.
Thanks for doing that Lucas, I'm very excited for him!
yeah
Natasha Yar
Miler

Post by Natasha Yar »

He is such a fun horse, I bred to him yesterday when I saw he had retired in the news feed!
C+/A nick with a good/brilliant mare!
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1209641
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Natasha Yar wrote: 4 years ago He is such a fun horse, I bred to him yesterday when I saw he had retired in the news feed!
C+/A nick with a good/brilliant mare!
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1209641
He really is! Hope that foal turns out well for you!
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Bumppp
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

He’s seen 61 mares so far and is ready for more. Breed to him before the season ends!
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

bump
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Last day to breed. He's already seen a lot of mares this year!
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Kilcreggan just became year 54’s Older Male Steeplechaser, thanks to all who voted for him and all who have bred to him this year and last!
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: Kilcreggan now standing at stud! STUD FEE INCREASE

Just a heads up Kilcreggan's stud fee will be increasing to $40,000 which I think should be fair for a sire that hypo's nearly as well as leading sire Lalor and will still come in at a lower price. I'll leave his stud fee where it's at now until late tomorrow night/Tuesday in the morning. If you have a mare booked to him I suggest you send them now!
yeah
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Its a shame the steeplechasers are not new player friendly, when funds are tight.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.