Breeding Help!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Breeding Help!

Post by Anna Leroux »

Soo... I've got some really great mares... they nick well, they are stars or blue hens, champions on the track. Haven't produced squat. I'd love to get at least one decent foal out of each of them! Yes I've been playing for ages but the last few years I haven't kept up with the breeding very well. So without futher ado... here are the mares. Let me know what you think!

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=731926
Adrift at Sea..... turf router.... decent track record.
Nicks A+ to B+ on everything I've ever nicked her to. Her foals suck. She's supposed to be a blue hen. :? :roll:

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=814743
Irish Cartel Appy star.... (cross posting to the Mixed Breed page to!)
another super star.
again nicks like royalty to everything.
so far one stakes (2 year old but not started yet of course)

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=822439
Terrible Fond
same old song
Turf Miler
Haven't found anything she nicks well with
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: Breeding Help!

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Adrift at Sea...my condolences. I have her half sister Submerge and she’s in the exact same place...blue hen throwing garbage. Now I see why you wanted to lease her, lol. Both mares hypo A- to Cats in the Cradle and I have 2 productive foals to show for it. If you want to try him, I’ll gladly refund the stud fee. I keep hoping Submerge will die, but she keeps hanging on, lol, and at 16, that’s no mean feat. My mantra is, “this time she’ll give me a good one”. Lol.

Now I don’t do milers as a rule, but Frankel seems to work for everything and it’s a B+ cross.

Appys, I can’t help you at all.
Dawn Palka
Miler

Post by Dawn Palka »

Anna Leroux wrote: 4 years ago Soo... I've got some really great mares... they nick well, they are stars or blue hens, champions on the track. Haven't produced squat. I'd love to get at least one decent foal out of each of them! Yes I've been playing for ages but the last few years I haven't kept up with the breeding very well. So without futher ado... here are the mares. Let me know what you think!

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=731926
Adrift at Sea..... turf router.... decent track record.
Nicks A+ to B+ on everything I've ever nicked her to. Her foals suck. She's supposed to be a blue hen. :? :roll:

Sounds like you're singing the blues over your blue hen. There's a joke in there somewhere. I nicked to Big Cy and yup, got a B+.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I feel like you might just be suffering from the curse of stewardbred mares 😳 and mixers still seem completely random to me, maybe try Hello Hello? He had a really good freshman season for Glenn L
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I like her with Cats in the Cradle, but for next time I would look at Only Me. I like looking at a few things: first what did the steward do with her dam? Her best foal (and your mare's best 1/2 sibling) was Gojira. You get a repeat of the mare (at a point in the sire line it doesn't really make a difference) who was a very good producer, you get a Tattered line stallion who is getting very nice foals (but I'm a bit biased). I also love inbreeding to Deep Impact line horses, I've had very good luck with those crosses. Oh, and he's an A- nick fwiw
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000