Brilliance

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Brilliance

Post by Kaine Saracen »

So after being a topic of discussion just recently and getting an extraordinary amount of attention, I have elected, increase the available slots for Brilliance. In addition, I was going to increase his fee incrementally as I added more slots until he got to the "recommended" figure, however in the interest of what I think is fair to those who have used him and those that will hopefully use him, his fee will not change this season despite the previous mentioned recommendation.

Thanks to those that have sent him mares and thanks to those that will.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Brilliance

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Slots have been increased again due to high demand. His stud fee has not.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Ok... Popular is now an understatement, Thanks to everyone making use of him this year.
As has been the case thus far, have increased in slots again, not the fee. Although this time have reserved 6 for myself.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Kaine, I sent 3 mares to him recently...but just now found this post. I want to say thanks for having him available at a stud fee that most stables can afford.

The mares I sent to him are from my 'Foremost line' and all hypoed really well with him, each mare had a different sire and all got an A- or better : )

unnamed filly Forgotten Ghost -- Star mare -- Hypo A- (Sire: Forgot)
unnamed filly Exonerated -- Blue Hen -- Hypo A- (Sire: The Opera Ghost)
unnamed filly Ready to be First -- Blue Hen -- Hypo A (Sire: Reddington)

And... this last one, I bred tonight. His dam,Forthwith, foaled Convince Me, who is one of the rare males of that line who was a great success on the track, earned over $2 million in purses. I'm hoping she can do it again with this colt. Also, I have hypo-mated her to a number of stallions and always got a B+ with her...but with Brilliance she got an A- and the best part, at age 14, she didn't die. : D

unnamed colt Forthwith -- Star mare -- Hypo A- (Sire: Andre)

I'm looking forward to seeing how these 4 turn out.

------------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Well money is nice, but I think there has to be a practical limit on foal numbers as well, I believe I have stretched it as far as viable. So thank you to every one that used Brilliance this year and sorry to those who were planning to.

Brilliance will NOT be extended in slots any further beyond the 210 this season. He will be available next season, standing for $100,000 as suggested to me about two months ago and I chose to ignore at the time for what I thought was fair to everyone for the year.

Best of luck to all and hope you bred many winners and great broodmares for the future
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

T'is a real shame! He's so hot; too hot to handle. Gonna be a lot of big stars in a few years but don't forget the other guys out there at stud. Plenty of nice hypo foal machines still available. I applaud Kaine for giving the rest of us a chance to earn a dollar and further diversify the division!

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=787788

Notre Dame, Steward bred. Year 47 Island Champion. He hypos pretty good and he's too cheap. Take advantage (of me).
;p
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Is this the only stud to have over 400 foals and maintain a less than 10% claimer rate even after the recent gallop changes? Even his illustrious sire, Sidney had a 27% claimer rate....
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 3 years ago Is this the only stud to have over 400 foals and maintain a less than 10% claimer rate even after the recent gallop changes? Even his illustrious sire, Sidney had a 27% claimer rate....
Sorry to be in the minority lol Of the 3 yearlings I have from him I have an allowance, solid and claimer. My mares are terrible!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 3 years ago Is this the only stud to have over 400 foals and maintain a less than 10% claimer rate even after the recent gallop changes? Even his illustrious sire, Sidney had a 27% claimer rate....
Pretty sure not
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

In the TR division probably so.

Maybe this year some of the mares that get shut out can go to Nightmarch. I have my eye out for a NM filly before he's pensioned and there are none to be had. I know, I know....breed my own. Maybe I will this year!
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Louise Bayou wrote: 3 years ago
Sorry to be in the minority lol Of the 3 yearlings I have from him I have an allowance, solid and claimer. My mares are terrible!
Seems we both in the same spot, has to be our mares I guess :lol:
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

6 by him, 2 and 3yo, 4 Stakes, 2 claimers, nothing in between. One of the claimers is from a mare I bought off you so you may be right about your mares :)