May be a daft question.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

May be a daft question.

Post by The Harlequins »

But asking anyway.

Will a foal born at the beginning of a sim year have any advanatage over one born towards the end maturity wise.

Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Re: May be a daft question.

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I think maturity is coded into the horse during different fixed periods of game-time (year turnover, week 9 et cetera) so that all horses turning 2-year-old are considered being the same age even if some of them may be almost a sim-year older than that. That way coded (inherited) maturity (peak/progression/late) plays a larger role than when in the year the foal is actually born.

Interesting thought though. I haven't looked into whether my foals born early in the year to a larger extent would be peaking earlier than foals born late in the year.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

I asked i used to follow 2yr old sprinters in England and it was important to spot the early foals as against the late ones.

After getting married the particular pleasure was cut off :D
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Frank Chilton wrote: 4 years ago I asked i used to follow 2yr old sprinters in England and it was important to spot the early foals as against the late ones.
Yes, I saw where you were coming from. :)
Frank Chilton wrote: After getting married the particular pleasure was cut off :D
Maybe introduce your spouse to the game and watch her/him/them win the Derby before you do? ;) :)