Fearless Spirit (TM) - Year 56

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

So, I was trying to keep him quiet a little longer, but Fearless Spirit is hypoing better than any other turf miler in the SIM. I'm finding that if your mare gets A- from other top turf miler stallions, he's throwing an A. If your mare gets B+ from other top turf miler stallions, he's throwing an A-. I wasn't really expecting that, and in hindsight, wish I hadn't raced him this year to get him over the $1 million mark, but it is always good to have a surprise like this. He's been rewarded with a headshot order.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=915071

He's won a G2 and multiple G3s on the track and has a great pedigree. He is a half-brother to King Moonracer, who also retired this year, and is hypoing comparably to the other top turf miler stallions. His dam is a half sister to Shatterdome, Early Edition and Red Ferns.

Anyway, I've increased the fee, now that he's been discovered, to $50k, which is probably still a bargain. I've reserved several slots for myself that I probably won't use, so if you have a top mare retiring this year after the Steward's Cup and he is booked full, let me know and we can try to work something out to open up one of those slots for you. Right now, I'm not really planning on expanding beyond the 120 limit for this year.

I am going to take him down before the year turns over and see how Festivus goes before setting next year's fee. It will most likely be $75k, but I'm reserving a final decision until that occurs. Next year, if you have a really nice mare, but a not really nice bankroll, let me know and we can try to work something out with the fee.

Thanks for reading all of this. It has been a wild 18 hours or so with this guy.

Laura
Last edited by Laura Ferguson 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: Cat's Out of the Bag - Fearless Spirit (TM)

Post by Nena Olson »

I hypoed my star mare with him, who is B+ with every other turf miler, and she got a flat A which surprised me because her pedigree is wonky (Able Friend x a Santa Claus mare) so I am curious to see how the foal turns out.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I had a similar experience with Lady Sid. She hypo's B or B- with routers, B+ to several milers and A- with Fearless Spirit. The mare's best foal is a turf miler (G2 winner in an easy race). Hope the new filly is nicer than her big sister. Thanks for the heads up Laura!
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I've got 14 slots reserved that I'm not going to use this year, so if you have a super nice mare retiring Week 16 or was otherwise shut out, please message me and we'll work something out. If I still have some of those 14 slots unclaimed after Week 16 Friday, I'll open those slots up sometime that weekend.

I'm not really inclined to add more slots this year, but I am willing to add some next season, when he stands for a full SIM year. Thanks everyone for your support!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Omg! And NO Frankel! AND by KFT?! 😍 he’s going to be seeing quiet a few of my ladies next year!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I just saw this, told my wife just as I walked to the playground with our son and she got the last two spots :)
I have already bred my best turf milers but I did a hypo and got an A with him. Wow that is really good.
My guess is that this will be the "Visionary" of turf milers.
I hope if will get a spot to him next year.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

His hypos are ridiculous Laura! You might end up with a repeat of how you had to stand Black Condor.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Rebecca Rose Hepburn wrote: 3 years ago His hypos are ridiculous Laura! You might end up with a repeat of how you had to stand Black Condor.
I hope not! Anyway, that isn't the plan, or at least it isn't right now. I'm thinking 180 slots, but nothing is set in stone. I'll open the first bunch up once Festivus has occurred and I figure out his fee. Goal is to have 30-ish of those slots available Week 16 for retiring mares and procrastinating breeders (like me).
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

He got a flat A with Paramour, the best anyone else has ever done with her prior is A-, and her half sister Kickstart My Heart so he'll have a visit from them next year =D
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

My BH TM stakes winning broodmare also hypo'd A with him. Already bred for this year. Laura, Please save a spot for Rumours next year! :)
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I've got about 10-12 spots left that I'll open up this weekend.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

One for me please
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Just an update. Based on the gallops (which don't include any Steward-breds, since he was retired after the Steward bred all of her milers), I raised his fee to $90,000.

I opened up 30 slots the day after gallops, and they were gone in like 6 hours. The Steward bred one of her mares to him, so he is up to 31 foals. Every few weeks, I'll open up another 20-30 slots, and see how it goes. I'm trying to pace this so there are opportunities to breed to him throughout the SIM year and not have all of his slots gone in the first week of the year.

I will be putting up about 20-30 spots Week 16, and another 20 spots the week between Steward's Cup and foals being due, plus saving a few spots for myself and people with top mares who are retiring. I'm planning on buying some extra spots, so I think he'll max out around 180 mares this year, but as of this writing, I'm not really inclined to go for more spots once he hits 180.

A few things:

(1) if you have a really nice mare, but not a really nice bankroll, please contact me and we can work something out with the fee.

(2) if you have a graded stakes winner retiring at the end of year and want to make sure that she gets a spot with Fearless, please let me know, and I can make sure a space is saved for you (if you don't get one of the spots that get put up periodically).

(3) if you are having trouble getting one of the spots that get put up periodically, and again, have really nice mare, please let me know and we can work out a time where we're both online to try to make sure you have a spot.

Thanks for everyone's interest! Laura
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Fearless Spirit (TM) - Year 56

Post by Katie Stepanian »

Thanks Laura- much prefer this than him being booked up full straight away :) He gave me a stakes last year so he’ll definitely be seeing a few more of my mares, and has seen one already.
Glenn Larson
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Fearless Spirit (TM) - Year 56

Post by Glenn Larson »

I'm really looking forward to seeing all five foals I have coming !! All 5 are flat A to hens. Especially hopeful on this one out of my SC winning mare, With the Twiliight

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1277135
Glenn Larson
Stallion Rosters

Thoroughbred Stallions

Mixer Stallions