Shadowkin - for your 11th hour DR needs

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Shadowkin - for your 11th hour DR needs

Post by Nini Panini »

Do you have a bunch of DR mares you're looking to breed as the year ends? If you're a little overwhelmed and looking for a budget-friendly option, I may have the solution for you.

Shadowkin was retired late last year by me and didn't see any mares. This year, I'm hoping to fix that.

He is royally bred son of James Dean and Harmony, which makes him a half brother to Louisville Derby winner Fancy Shoes. He himself is a dual G1 winner, and I believe he would've had more was he not strongly mismanaged by yours truly towards the end of his career. He is hypoing on par with Kingdom Come, and I think he could be an excellent alternative for DR breeders. He currently stands for 5k - a steal if you ask me. He is Steward approved, and probably one of DR's best kept secrets. He won't see a significant bump in price for now, so it' the perfect time to send a mare to him!

He's handsome, too!

"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Re: Shadowkin - for your 11th hour DR needs

Post by Nini Panini »

bumping this because Shadowkin has an amazing new headshot courtesy of Nena! Thank you!
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Nini Hunter wrote: 3 years ago bumping this because Shadowkin has an amazing new headshot courtesy of Nena! Thank you!
Glad that you like his headshot :D I was a bit worried with how to get his star to show up LOL but it worked in the end :)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago
Nini Hunter wrote: 3 years ago bumping this because Shadowkin has an amazing new headshot courtesy of Nena! Thank you!
Glad that you like his headshot :D I was a bit worried with how to get his star to show up LOL but it worked in the end :)
He's my favorite headshot so far!!! Thank you!!!
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

After taking him down briefly to ensure I could get my own mares to him, Shadowkin is back on the market for 8k and will remain so for the rest of the break. I will NOT be buying additional slots for him, so get to him while you can! There are 22 left!
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Shadowkin Update

Post by Nini Panini »

Howdy all!

I'm happy to say Shadowkin has been exceptionally popular lately, seeing over 80 outside mares this year. He's still being seen regularly, and I anticipate his book will fill up before the end of the year, especially since it's only the end of week 5. Once he hits the 120 mark, I will expand his book to 150, but his stud fee will see an increase, likely to somewhere around $15k. I plan on keeping him affordable, but if you want to get to him for his current low price of $10,000, breed to him before his book fills up!

ETA: This post is regarding Shadowkin's future for Year 56.
Last edited by Nini Panini 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Nini Hunter wrote: 3 years ago After taking him down briefly to ensure I could get my own mares to him, I will NOT be buying additional slots for him, so get to him while you can! There are 22 left!
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Pepper Carol wrote: 3 years ago
Nini Hunter wrote: 3 years ago After taking him down briefly to ensure I could get my own mares to him, I will NOT be buying additional slots for him, so get to him while you can! There are 22 left!
I posted this at the end of Year 55. In Year 55, I was not going to buy new slots for him. In Year 56, I've decided I will. Not trying to scam anyone or pull anyone's leg. :D
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

i apologize. Its hard to believe a month ago was last year.