How Did You Do?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Re: How Did You Do?

Post by Laurel Addams »

I’m pretty happy for this being my first crop! My expectations were for everything to gallop claimer, so we surpassed that!

19 Foals
1 stakes (late bloomer)
4 allowance (3 progressive, 1 peak)
7 productive (2 late bloomers, 3 progressive, 2 peak)
5 solid (1 late bloomer, 3 progressive, 1 peak)
2 claimers (1 progressive, 1 peak)
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Jennifer Blake wrote: 3 years ago I’m ALMOST ready to sell out of TBs and stick with Mixers.

Bred 37 TBs

5 Stakes
Sires- Composer, Allonsy x 2, Obsidian Fury, James Dean
9 Allowance
8 productive
4 solis
11 claimers
I hope you’re not saying you’re disappointed because 5 stakes from 37 foals is incredibly impressive.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I think my favourite thing about Festivus is that Nighteyes had a yearling freak AND he also had a 3yo jump up to freak. So now he has a total of 3 freaks and 48% allowance or better gallops (at time of posting).
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by John Nicholson »

48 yearlings includes blue hens and star mares sent to expensive stallions
13 allowance
7 productive
10 solid
18 claimer

Worst results in a long time,no stakes in 5 sim years. Random slide don’t like me 👍
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Not as good as I hoped, but it’s all my own fault. Year 55 had me retiring 2 stallions and while I’ve never done it before, I found myself breeding far too many just to get them numbers. Quantity does not beat quality and while I know this, I tested that theory and lost. All I ended up doing is making a couple of promising stallions look bad...as I said, my own fault.

On the up side, Cats in the Cradle rewarded me with 3 more Stake gallops in the barn!

Best of luck to you all.
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

I'm beginning to think too much stock is put into initial ratings. I didn't breed any freaks this year out of 134 foals. I have never breed one yet. This year I was sure I would. I bred almost all A-, A and many A+ and Star and Blue Hen mares. Spent a metric "you know what" ton of cash. No freaks. I was very disappointed. But here is the thing. Now I have just gone through and entered all my harness pacers this morning. Those would be age 3 and up. I have 3 Freaks I didn't wake up with. One jumped from Allowance to Freak. I also had Allowance to Stakes. So in retrospect, this crop of foals may eventually turn out quite well. So now I don't feel so bad. Perspective and patience is needed in this game. For those hung up on Freaks, and who isn't? They may still be coming. Just that they may come later. I also have Freaks that can't beat their way out of a wet paper bag. So just because you get one, I wouldn't jump up and down and spit wooden nickles or throw a parade either. Those are just labels. It's how they perform on the race track that matters.
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

100% claimer rate. 1-for-1.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Cindy Saunders
Miler

Post by Cindy Saunders »

My rundown for YR 56 from 174 TB yearlings.

2 - Freaks (1 is from my sire, Little Fictions + 1 from Allonsy)
21 - Stakes (10 of these are Late Bloomers - 5 Progessives)
63 - Allowance (37 Late Bloomers - 19 Progressives)
32 - Productives
26 - Solids
30 - Claimers
Good Luck and Happy Racing, :lol:
Cindy Saunders!

http://www.facebook.com/cynthia.m.saunders
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Once again after galloping yearlings I tried to throw myself off the back deck to kill myself, but I even screwed that up: its only about ten feet up and all I did was put a big dent into the grass.........
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Brad Fabman wrote: 3 years ago I'm beginning to think too much stock is put into initial ratings. I didn't breed any freaks this year out of 134 foals. I have never breed one yet. This year I was sure I would. I bred almost all A-, A and many A+ and Star and Blue Hen mares. Spent a metric "you know what" ton of cash. No freaks. I was very disappointed. But here is the thing. Now I have just gone through and entered all my harness pacers this morning. Those would be age 3 and up. I have 3 Freaks I didn't wake up with. One jumped from Allowance to Freak. I also had Allowance to Stakes. So in retrospect, this crop of foals may eventually turn out quite well. So now I don't feel so bad. Perspective and patience is needed in this game. For those hung up on Freaks, and who isn't? They may still be coming. Just that they may come later. I also have Freaks that can't beat their way out of a wet paper bag. So just because you get one, I wouldn't jump up and down and spit wooden nickles or throw a parade either. Those are just labels. It's how they perform on the race track that matters.
Thank you for this post, because 150% this.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Cindy Saunders
Miler

Post by Cindy Saunders »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Brad Fabman wrote: 3 years ago I'm beginning to think too much stock is put into initial ratings. I didn't breed any freaks this year out of 134 foals. I have never breed one yet. This year I was sure I would. I bred almost all A-, A and many A+ and Star and Blue Hen mares. Spent a metric "you know what" ton of cash. No freaks. I was very disappointed. But here is the thing. Now I have just gone through and entered all my harness pacers this morning. Those would be age 3 and up. I have 3 Freaks I didn't wake up with. One jumped from Allowance to Freak. I also had Allowance to Stakes. So in retrospect, this crop of foals may eventually turn out quite well. So now I don't feel so bad. Perspective and patience is needed in this game. For those hung up on Freaks, and who isn't? They may still be coming. Just that they may come later. I also have Freaks that can't beat their way out of a wet paper bag. So just because you get one, I wouldn't jump up and down and spit wooden nickles or throw a parade either. Those are just labels. It's how they perform on the race track that matters.
I totally agree, I believe it was two years ago that I got a Freak from a Formidable broodmare with a B+ Nick. Also had many improved mid year. I have not checked this year yet for improvements.
Good Luck and Happy Racing, :lol:
Cindy Saunders!

http://www.facebook.com/cynthia.m.saunders
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Bred 234 TBs:

1 Freak- Kingdom Come https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1241505
26 -Stakes
78 -Allowance
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Speaking strictly thoroughbreds, I bred 23 this year, and I'm quite satisfied with the results - just my third crop, and considering I only bred two TBs in my first, I hardly count that one.

1 stakes (first TB stakes I've bred, a bloomer TR filly by Brilliance)
7 allowance
6 solid (5 are bloomers, you never know)
7 claimer
1 DC (no, no, it's okay, it's a chaser)

I got a few lovely horses in mixer/harness, and some of my crappy racers jumped to being okay racers. That'll do!
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago
Jennifer Blake wrote: 3 years ago I’m ALMOST ready to sell out of TBs and stick with Mixers.

Bred 37 TBs

5 Stakes
Sires- Composer, Allonsy x 2, Obsidian Fury, James Dean
9 Allowance
8 productive
4 solis
11 claimers
I hope you’re not saying you’re disappointed because 5 stakes from 37 foals is incredibly impressive.
Was just about to say the same.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Cindy Saunders wrote: 3 years ago
The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
I totally agree, I believe it was two years ago that I got a Freak from a Formidable broodmare with a B+ Nick. Also had many improved mid year. I have not checked this year yet for improvements.
Yes yes yes
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.