How Did You Do?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Re: How Did You Do?

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

Nini Hunter wrote: 3 years ago Out of 147 bred:
2 freaks (and remarkably, they were TWINS!)
8 stakes
48 allowance

Percentage wise, I wish I did a little better with my stakes gallops, but I'm still extremely pleased with festivus this year. The comeback continues!

I don't think your allowed to breed twin freaks i think something went wrong in the sim, the only fair thing would be to give me one
Anna Nowak
Sprinter

Post by Anna Nowak »

0 Freaks
0 Stakes
1 Allowance colt (Late Bloomer)
1 Productive (progressive)
6 claimers (5 late bloomers, one progressive)
and one solid progressive

Yep. I suck. At least there are a few fillies.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Anna Nowak wrote: 3 years ago 0 Freaks
0 Stakes
1 Allowance colt (Late Bloomer)
1 Productive (progressive)
6 claimers (5 late bloomers, one progressive)
and one solid progressive

Yep. I suck. At least there are a few fillies.
Out of 9 breedings that isn't bad, especially since your allowance colt is likely to mature into a stakes runner. 1/3 of your horses are better than claimers :D.

You might also consider checking in with the Mentor program. They might have a broodmare you can lease for break or a recommend to someone who has star or BH mares that are going unbred.
Last edited by Gwen Morse 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

215 total foals, although I let my assistant trainer breed about 70 mediocre ones I'd normally put in a lease auction.

3 Freaks (Dancer, Delirium & Mr. Wonderful)
28 Stakes
71 Allowances
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

22 foals:

1 Freak
2 Stakes
7 Allowance

All Dirt Routers
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

2 freaks both By Get Out and 40 stakes and yes I forgot to breed about half my mares oops
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Brad Fabman wrote: 3 years ago I'm beginning to think too much stock is put into initial ratings. I didn't breed any freaks this year out of 134 foals. I have never breed one yet. This year I was sure I would. I bred almost all A-, A and many A+ and Star and Blue Hen mares. Spent a metric "you know what" ton of cash. No freaks. I was very disappointed. But here is the thing. Now I have just gone through and entered all my harness pacers this morning. Those would be age 3 and up. I have 3 Freaks I didn't wake up with. One jumped from Allowance to Freak. I also had Allowance to Stakes. So in retrospect, this crop of foals may eventually turn out quite well. So now I don't feel so bad. Perspective and patience is needed in this game. For those hung up on Freaks, and who isn't? They may still be coming. Just that they may come later. I also have Freaks that can't beat their way out of a wet paper bag. So just because you get one, I wouldn't jump up and down and spit wooden nickles or throw a parade either. Those are just labels. It's how they perform on the race track that matters.
Thank you for this post, because 150% this.
Still have this saved from like 10 RL years ago in my notes...

11:24 PM [Steward] and, seriously, with gallops, PLEASE try to remember that the day you turned 1, you were useless too

Please note. My own child is not going to be useless the day she turns one next month.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Ashley Gibson wrote: 3 years ago
The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Brad Fabman wrote: 3 years ago I'm beginning to think too much stock is put into initial ratings. I didn't breed any freaks this year out of 134 foals. I have never breed one yet. This year I was sure I would. I bred almost all A-, A and many A+ and Star and Blue Hen mares. Spent a metric "you know what" ton of cash. No freaks. I was very disappointed. But here is the thing. Now I have just gone through and entered all my harness pacers this morning. Those would be age 3 and up. I have 3 Freaks I didn't wake up with. One jumped from Allowance to Freak. I also had Allowance to Stakes. So in retrospect, this crop of foals may eventually turn out quite well. So now I don't feel so bad. Perspective and patience is needed in this game. For those hung up on Freaks, and who isn't? They may still be coming. Just that they may come later. I also have Freaks that can't beat their way out of a wet paper bag. So just because you get one, I wouldn't jump up and down and spit wooden nickles or throw a parade either. Those are just labels. It's how they perform on the race track that matters.
Thank you for this post, because 150% this.
Still have this saved from like 10 RL years ago in my notes...

11:24 PM [Steward] and, seriously, with gallops, PLEASE try to remember that the day you turned 1, you were useless too

Please note. My own child is not going to be useless the day she turns one next month.
LOL. Touche.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

25 Foals

1 Freak (Stew Bred turf sprinter)
8 Allowance (several are routers)
7 Productive
4 Solids
5 Claimers

Anyone want to be my "breeder" lol
Andrea Bouwkamp