ISO Star TS Mares

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Katie Lynn
Two Year Old

ISO Star TS Mares

Post by Katie Lynn »

Hi all. :) Looking to lease/buy a few Star TS mares. Looking to pay $10k and under if possible. Thanks!
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Re: ISO Star TS Mares

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

katie im sorry to say that any star TS mare that you buy for 10k will have a very poor producing record a ts star mare sells for around 75k-125k for a young mare just trying to help you out .
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

I’ve had A heck of a time building my ts stable. Worth it though if I ever win a race
Katie Lynn
Two Year Old

Post by Katie Lynn »

Thank you for the info! Might be easier for me to just lease instead. :)
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

It's not always true that you can't get stars in the range you're looking for. Sometimes you can get decent mares in that range, you just have to watch for them. 75k-125k sounds like a lot for a star that hasn't done much that isn't extremely well-bred.

I'd watch AJ, and I'd watch for players just trying to clean house. You may not be able to get a SC producing mare for your range, but you can definitely get a useful one for around what you're looking for.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Katie Lynn wrote: 3 years ago Thank you for the info! Might be easier for me to just lease instead. :)
I found a bunch of turf and dirt mares through AJ. _NOT_ Star, but several formidables and some unpredictables that nick like a formidable (B+). That's not the quality you're looking for but in your price range.

Also, you just missed the breeding rush in break. If you ask around next break you're sure to find people with too many mares and not enough time to breed them all (including Stars).

Finally, ask around and see if you can lease some racing fillies from strong lines to include a free breeding when they retire. Ask for the frustrating ones that galloped well but are running like sh*t :D.

Finally, watch the lease auctions and bid your budget on every star TS mare you see. Most will be outbid but you'll get the occasional breeding that way. I'd suggest increasing the budget to 15k though.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Katie Lynn
Two Year Old

Post by Katie Lynn »

Gwen Morse wrote: 3 years ago
Katie Lynn wrote: 3 years ago Thank you for the info! Might be easier for me to just lease instead. :)
I found a bunch of turf and dirt mares through AJ. _NOT_ Star, but several formidables and some unpredictables that nick like a formidable (B+). That's not the quality you're looking for but in your price range.

Also, you just missed the breeding rush in break. If you ask around next break you're sure to find people with too many mares and not enough time to breed them all (including Stars).

Finally, ask around and see if you can lease some racing fillies from strong lines to include a free breeding when they retire. Ask for the frustrating ones that galloped well but are running like sh*t :D.

Finally, watch the lease auctions and bid your budget on every star TS mare you see. Most will be outbid but you'll get the occasional breeding that way. I'd suggest increasing the budget to 15k though.
Thank you for the advice! I've actually found a few mares and fillies. Huge thanks to everyone that has replied and PM'd me! :)