steeplechasers an abundance of brilliant Mares

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

steeplechasers an abundance of brilliant Mares

Post by Arthur Cutler »

I am not sure if anyone has noticed the abundance of Brilliant mares retiring.....Years ago if you had a chaser that was a flop on the track racing they would not do very well in the shed or they would get a Bad rating....It seems almost anything i retire gets a Brillant or the very least a strong whether they suck as a racehorse or not....Not sure whats happening....
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: steeplechasers an abundance of brilliant Mares

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Noticed that too, not that I've been into chasers for a long time but I certainly have a lot of brilliants that sucked on the track and in the breeding barn. Im guessing a lot has to do with these new sires being introduced and hot new retirees catapulting the breed forward.
yeah
Arthur Cutler
Derby Contender

Post by Arthur Cutler »

Without a doubt the new stallions have scewed the breeding mares toward Brilliant....I do believe in the near futre the game will eventually have another and a different level like super brilliant or a level between strong and brilliant....The chase ratings are getting over saturated with Brilliant mares
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

It’s not down to the new stallions; Play Leapfrog, Jimmy Durante, Lalor etc won’t have many retired mares yet because they are recent additions. Pretty much every mare I retire at the moment, is either brilliant or strong from a wide mixture of sires (that have been around a while). It’s the BSA comments for mares overall that’s broken, not because of sires being added.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Suggest you could use hypomating with Lalor as a differentiating tool: The really top end "brilliant" mares give an A+, most give an A; just another tool. Best to all, Lucas.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

You mean All mares aren't strong or Brilliant?...lol! I can't remember the last time I retired one that wasn't. That said most of my mares seem to be the equivalent to Good/Formidables in TB in actual production.
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

They changed the limits a few seasons ago. During that weekend, all "ask the bloodstockagent" was free and everyone could "update" their mares. The reason the limits changed, was that there were NO new brilliant mares. So if you look at some mares that were bloodstocked earlier than the change, you can see that some has the comment "strong" and became "brilliant" after the change. I think (but I'm not sure) that I even have some "some potential" that ended up brilliant. Of course there are really lousy brilliant mares and some really brilliant mares. Perhaps the steward should change the limits again? I don't know...

An example:
"Dating Leader", https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=580471
Y53-W2-D1 Sold at auction to Flizan Hambletonian for $301
Y50-W15-D4 Agent: 'Dating Leader' has some broodmare potential, but she might not be the right fit for the classiest stables. Dating Leader's is also a brilliant broodmare for steeplechasing!
Y45-W14-D3 Vet: She is an average horse with typical legs. There's no extra risk of injury here. This horse is pretty sturdy and can withstand a regular training regimen.
Y44-W16-D2 Agent: 'Dating Leader' has some broodmare potential, but she might not be the right fit for the classiest stables. Dating Leader's greatest strength could be as the dam of steeplechasers. Good luck!
Y44-W16-D2 Retired

This mare has produced 2 chase freaks

Another example:
"Tasmanian Bunny", https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=588361
Y50-W15-D3 Agent: 'Tasmanian Bunny' doesn't have any potential as a flat race broodmare; I'd be impressed if she ever produced a winner! Tasmanian Bunny's is also a brilliant broodmare for steeplechasing!
Y50-W10-D2 Moved to Dare To Dream Europe
Y48-W9-D2 Sold to Flizan Hambletonian for $10,000
Y48-W2-D4 Given to Alexandra Jaysman
Y48-W2-D4 Agent: 'Tasmanian Bunny' doesn't have any potential as a flat race broodmare; I'd be impressed if she ever produced a winner! Additionally, 'Tasmanian Bunny' has potential as the dam of steeplechasers, so if you're interested in pursuing that I give you the green light!

This mare has produced 2 chase freaks
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 3 years ago Suggest you could use hypomating with Lalor as a differentiating tool: The really top end "brilliant" mares give an A+, most give an A; just another tool. Best to all, Lucas.
This. And my way of figuring out if they are "brilliant" or "strong" is to hypo the mares to Dandino. Brilliant mares most often hypos A and strong A-. Because Lalor is such a good stud- he hypos A to a lot of the strong mares to! ;)
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser