Bred a 27 year old mare, she lived.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Bred a 27 year old mare, she lived.

Post by Stormy Peak »

:D

I've been kind of playing around with using a few of my old mares and bring some older pedigree lines towards the front.
Just having fun, not expecting much from it...I really thought this would be the end of my old mare:

Wheely Fun, who I bred to Spectre

And got this filly:
Apparitions

Her great grand-sires are Sun Raider, Messiah, Saga, and Giacomo.
She might be the only foal out there right now with Saga in that spot on their pedigree charts. Giacomo was no slouch either...he sired at least 15 millionaire/multi-millionaire runners...had a 23.6 percentage for stakes winners.

I hope this little filly turns out to be a useful type.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: Bred a 27 year old mare, she lived.

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Sounds like fun. Maybe if you think of it give us an update now and again?
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I noticed in some of the barn dispersels lately there were a number of very old broodmares from different disciplines. I purchased a few just for the fun of having some old bloodlines up front again. :)

So who are you going to breed that 28 year old mare to next year, Stormy?
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Darcy McBride wrote: 3 years ago I noticed in some of the barn dispersels lately there were a number of very old broodmares from different disciplines. I purchased a few just for the fun of having some old bloodlines up front again. :)

So who are you going to breed that 28 year old mare to next year, Stormy?
Well, if she doesn't drop dead between now and then, I hope to first see what that little filly turns out to be..if she's a productive or better, I might just send that 28 year old mare to a stallion with really high stats (and probably a stud fee to match) and see if I can improve upon the first filly -- I would go for another filly too.

Also...if my colt Aloft, ends up being a great runner and stallion, hopefully, I will have two fillies who might be nice broodmares.

Most of my barn is made up of turfy horses, so I have very few dirt router mares...most have been pretty neglected, like that 27 year old mare...this was her first foal.

And, yeah, if that filly turns out decent, I'll revive this thread. : )

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Update on the filly, Apparitions who is a yearling now. She turned out to be an "allowance, progressive'" : )

I bred her 28 year old dam, Wheely Big, today - and not surprisingly, she died.
I sent her to Torque who's stats are looking really good. It would be cool to get a stakes quality from that ancient mare...given those old bloodlines are there and probably looking oddly out of place with all the other more current bloodlines out there : )
I like the James Dean and Saga line up on the last generation that counts towards the filly's make up.

I named the filly Leverage

Stormy.

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000