The over- and underrated stallions

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Re: The over- and underrated stallions

Post by Garret Folsom »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Lisa Bennert wrote: 3 years ago I recently made a forum post (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49305) about my stallion Dancin in the Rain who, despite me never really being ale to support him much and standing for a lower fee- so not getting the greatest book, actually has really good stats so far. Stands for 15k.

I would love to be able to give some other recommendations so this doesn't just sound like self-promotion, but I'm not very good at keeping track of things like this. Though, with Light up Light up being mentioned here, I'd like to say that I think Take Me Black is another really good deal for turf routers at 25k.
Holy smokes, this guy has fantastic numbers!
Lisa - get him a headshot, and you'll most likely see him in the SIMperior Edge at some point! That will give him some more mares as well!!!
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Garret Folsom wrote: 3 years ago Lisa - get him a headshot, and you'll most likely see him in the SIMperior Edge at some point! That will give him some more mares as well!!!
I'll try, but money's a bit tight right now both in real life and the sim so I'm not sure when I'll manage to do it :)
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Lisa Bennert wrote: 3 years ago I'd like to say that I think Take Me Black is another really good deal for turf routers at 25k.
Thanks for the shout out for Take Me Black. I’ve tried to price him where his foals should make you money. I’ve also galloped two of his new 4yos and turned up 2 more freaks. So, the moral of the story is, give his late bloomer foals some time.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Lisa Bennert wrote: 3 years ago
Garret Folsom wrote: 3 years ago Lisa - get him a headshot, and you'll most likely see him in the SIMperior Edge at some point! That will give him some more mares as well!!!
I'll try, but money's a bit tight right now both in real life and the sim so I'm not sure when I'll manage to do it :)
I'm kind of overwhelmed with the kindness of the Sim right now. Someone (who wanted to remain anonymous) sent me the money for a headshot that's now been ordered, and before I could post it here two other people had offered to help out as well. Thank you so much <3
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Lisa Bennert wrote: 3 years ago I'm kind of overwhelmed with the kindness of the Sim right now. Someone (who wanted to remain anonymous) sent me the money for a headshot that's now been ordered, and before I could post it here two other people had offered to help out as well. Thank you so much <3
Love this! 🧡 Almost (just almost) makes me wanna get into AW route, haha!
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago
The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago It was trotters Andrew , may not be your scene,.....be there or be square lol lol
Still, would be nice to know. We’re all curious! :)
This is the foal Carole.

www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=1281429

Bred the same 2 last year and it was a stakes

www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=1261094
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

my stallion Red Running Hood might be a little underrated but I dont really know but if he is I think I might be the reason why haha
because in his first season as stud I kinda shot him in the foot by sending him a whole bunch of crappy mares I bought cheap from AJ and that might have demolisehed his numbers a bit which still aint half bad I might add and I actuallt got quite a few allowance galloppers from those crappy mares
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

Lisa Bennert wrote: 3 years ago I recently made a forum post (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49305) about my stallion Dancin in the Rain who, despite me never really being ale to support him much and standing for a lower fee- so not getting the greatest book, actually has really good stats so far. Stands for 15k.

He gets a fair share of my better mares. I have 4 of his 7 stakes.
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

A bit off topic, but it seems like Laura Ferguson really has the Sim gods shining on her right now. Everything she retires become gold... :lol: 8-)
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

A few of my favourite TS in the $20k and under club are Cinematic, Happy Acting, Sonic, Magnificent Jeblar, Turn An Army, The Hearts of Many, and for the super duper thrifty, I kinda like Good Looking Sky.

Obviously, I'm a fan of all of my budget-priced guys as well. I think they're outperforming my initial expectations of them ;)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

When people say better mares .

Do you mean other things aswell as being blue hen?
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 3 years ago A bit off topic, but it seems like Laura Ferguson really has the Sim gods shining on her right now. Everything she retires become gold... :lol: 8-)
That might be because she works hard at the game and has spent many rl years building her breeding barn :)

As Gary Player (golfer) once said, "Its funny, the harder I practice the luckier I get"
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago When people say better mares .

Do you mean other things aswell as being blue hen?
Blue Hen

Formidable

Both turf sprinters. Being blue hen doesn’t guarantee being the best mare. Pedigree is a massive component, and sometimes some mares can just out produce pedigree and rating (e.g. Fictionelle and Moon of Atlantis, both rated formidable if I’m not wrong, or Fictionelle might have been ‘good’).
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Thank you for doing that Carole.

It as also solved my ....What to do on Sundays issues... revise revise REVISE :lol:

Thank you again

Frank.