Insider Info

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Insider Info

Post by The Steward »

Here's some insider info straight from my mouth. I don't have much use for Wizard Alley, but I have seen two freaks out of Wizard Alley mares this weekend alone by randomly clicking around. Apparently, Wizard Alley mares are the shizzam?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Insider Info

Post by Andrew James »

AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Glenn Escobar could get rich off this little bit of info. He should have a lease auction since he owns over 50% of the Wizard Alley mares.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horses.p ... GPSired=-1
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! WAS IT ARTHUR?!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

PS pretty sure the price for Wizard Ally mares just shot up a gabajillion dollars 😂
Last edited by Rochelle Bos 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

The last time I was this excited about a broodmare sire was The Other Man!

Wizard Alley always had strong hypos in his day, but I just couldn't get him to give me anything I really loved.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Oh snap!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Just looked through his broodmare sire winners/stakes winners, and if he has exceptional broodmare sire numbers with those stats, then it begs the question just how many other exceptional BM sires are out there that we will just not know about because their numbers that we can see, kinda suck. And by kinda, I mean really suck, at least from what I can see at first glance.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Wizard Alley had kind of a strange stud career - he had 40 foals in his first crop, 20 in his second and received okay outside support. But, there wasn't any real breakout star in either of those crops, so he got lost in the crowd, with only one foal in his fifth crop, one in his sixth crop and none in his seventh crop. Then, he changed ownership to Glenn, and most of his foals came in his next two crops - 117 6yos and 111 5yos, with the vast majority of those coming from the same three trainers. I picked him up after he was pensioned.

My take is that with the right mare, Wizard Alley had the potential to be a really strong broodmare sire. But based on his numbers, that doesn't mean that every daughter of his is going to be a great broodmare. And with him pensioned, there's not really an opportunity to breed more. But perhaps his remaining daughters (there are only 35 that are alive and not pensioned) will get an extra shot or two in the shed before their owner gives up on them, because of this potential.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

This got me all excited so I leased a WA mare with a pretty decent dam side to play around with. I wish I knew who the sire(s) of the freaks referred to here are.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I'm guessing one of them is Susie's yearling filly by Merlin out of Impedimenta.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Lily Wilkins wrote: 3 years ago This got me all excited so I leased a WA mare with a pretty decent dam side to play around with. I wish I knew who the sire(s) of the freaks referred to here are.
That was a very expensive lease for a star mare. I'm crossing my fingers that you get the lucky slide.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I'm going to take my chances and not start hoarding Wizard Alley mares.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horses.p ... GPSired=-1
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Where the freaks at? Hola!
;p