Artilleryman now available

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Artilleryman now available

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Artilleryman: (Nightmarch out of Beguinage (Buttermint)

I would say that his sire should need no introduction, but that may not be to true. Nightmarch, a son of Kitasan Black, is a winner of no less than NINE grade 1's spanning years 47-50 and earning over $9 million. A winner of both Dubai Turf Classic and the Arc, as a stud...
#1 Stakes percentage at 20.6%
70.6% winners
17.9% stakes or better, keeping in mind that a lot of his offspring get better later.
Four millionaires, two exceeding $4 million from just 68 runners.

His dam, Beguinage was also not a one hit wonder, Currently showing as producing THREE freaks, three Stakes and six allowance (two of those are her youngest and still have the potential to improve as Beguinage herself was an improver), Asides from Artilleryman:, her notable daughters include the Stewardbred Hannah, also a millionaire producer and Into The Darkness, rated as good enough for a one for one mare trade with the steward and currently a producer of three stakes from five foals. Still on the track are two full sibling to Artilleryman:, both graded stakes placed.

And the Stallion himself... Winner of EIGHT grade 1's and earning over $8 million. Never worse than third for three seasons before an inexplainable result in the Arc (Wonders if there may be a curse there , since Mal also ran a bad one the following season in the Arc....). He finished with an excellent race record of 31: 19-4-2 and on only two occasions failed to collect a pay day.

Random side note:
Kitasan Black sired Deputy Governor ($17m), Nightmarch ($9m)
Nightmarch sired Artilleryman ($8m), Mal ($4.6m and looks to be running next year)
Artilleryman (????).. If you follow the progression as worse case scenario, he will sire a $4m and $2.5m earner, will it be you?. Either way, this is definitely a proven stud line for runners

Initial hypo's suggest he is in fact hypo'ing with the upper tier and his pedigree looks to be a potential nice outcross for many as he lacks Sidney, Itoko, Two Toned and also other big studs close up.

Stud Fee: $81,333... I price all my studs the same, if this is to high for your current budget, then I have various other studs available at lower prices also based of their earnings.

Diablo Lodge Studs
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: Artilleryman now available

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Meet Bishop’s Gate, sire’s a Champion, dam is blue hen and the cross is a flat A....I’m getting nervous just thinking about him and I’ve probably condemned him to the ranks of claimer, lol. :P

Seriously, I’ve seen a few A’s in my hypos with him...looks very nice Kaine!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

With only 24 foals on the ground, I strongly believe people are missing out on an amazing stallion.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 3 years ago With only 24 foals on the ground, I strongly believe people are missing out on an amazing stallion.

I think the reason is due to the price point being a little aggressive for a 1st year stud without anything really to go by besides hypos and pedigree. On that same note, he doesn't hypo better than any of the other already established elite studs in the division and his pedigree is nice, but it's on par at best with some of the top studs in the division.

I think 24 is a pretty healthy 1st year number based on the higher price point.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

As stated above, I price all my studs the same at retirement, effectively based on performance, I agree with Pete's thought that the fee might scare some off, but it won't be changed at this time. As for the reference of his not hypoing better than the other top studs, I am going to suggest that it is a coin toss dependent on the mare in question, I know for a fact he outdid at least one proven stud with one of my mares.

Roll Down the Lane

She is showing as a Blue Hen, but being an A- hen I don't imagine she will be overly fancy. More like those likely to produce a nice one once in a while.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

So how are the initial numbers looking? Artilleryman produced just 27 foals in his first short season and the numbers... Well they look promising. The ungalloped steward bred colt is being offered at auction

Starting at the bottom, not a single different career, like most especially with the changes he did still manage under 20% claimers, Now at the top end, he has produced a tidy 23% stakes or better including a freak and an impressive 61% or better in allowances. Now whilst I seem to have drawn the short straw with my own stud, both are late bloomers, like him and thus it is reasonable to assume that the above numbers may even improve more over time.