Booked full question

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Booked full question

Post by Eric Gray »

I don’t have any studs worth breeding, so I’m still unsure about the stud side of booking on the sim. If I “booked” with a stud last season and he was already showing “booked full” on the first day of breeding this year, is he truly booked full or do you have to activate something on the stud side to allow breedings. Basically, I’m just trying to figure out if I’m SOL and should go ahead and book elsewhere or just patiently wait my turn. Thanks in advance.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Booked full question

Post by Lily Wilkins »

It's my understanding that if you book your mare to a stallion, it does not reserve you a spot with that stallion. I think it's just meant to use as a mating planning tool.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

In addition to what Lily wrote, you might want to check how many foals the stallion has. It may be that additional spots will open up later in the year, or it may be that he's already hit his limit, and his owner is unwilling to buy more spots. I know I had several of my stallions showing as booked full at the start of the year, because (i) I was figuring out whether I was going to change their stud fee, and (ii) didn't want a run on them at the beginning of the year, which has happened on occasion.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

Thank you Lily and Laura.