LF a DM stallion

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

LF a DM stallion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I am looking for a distinctive dirt mile stallion (it's important that it can't stretch out to 11/16-11/8 miles) able of throwing A nicks. Would anyone know of such a stallion?
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Re: LF a DM stallion

Post by Andrew James »

Flat A's are not very common for dirt milers. Here's some top hypo'ing DM stallions that can throw short route distance that I like using.

Marvel
Kentucky Wildcat
Achievement
Slickrock
Dragon and Pegasus
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I don't think I've ever personally seen a flat A hypo in TB DM stallions. I've seen a number of A- hypos, but not A.

I've seen A- in the stallions Andrew has listed; also in:

Oil Turned Gold
Jubilation
Tigerscomeatnight
Dubai Touchdown
Colby

I'm sure there are others; this is just looking at some of my Hen hypos. I have a couple of Hens that A- to everything DM, but never the A.

I would think that nearly any DM stallion, bred to the right mare line, could produce short routers. I've bred to a number of stallions that could produce DM/DR, but haven't run into any problems racing the mile with their offspring.

Anyway, good luck with your hunt, and let me know if you find that elusive A hypo! :)
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

I took a very quick look at Justify: In the A's he had an A hypo to A Chorus of Hearts and All out Spirit: didn't bother to scroll down any further. FYI, Lucas

PS: looked a little further: Justify must have 20 A hypos: stopped after three in the E's
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I don't do a ton of hypos, but I did get a flat A hypo between Marvel and Safe From Fire. I'd hypo'd her to a few other sires, some like Marvel, some more straightforward milers, and gotten A- or B+ from them. That doesn't answer the DM part of your ask, but it is an A hypo.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 3 years ago I took a very quick look at Justify: In the A's he had an A hypo to A Chorus of Hearts and All out Spirit: didn't bother to scroll down any further. FYI, Lucas

PS: looked a little further: Justify must have 20 A hypos: stopped after three in the E's
The two mares you quoted are QH mares, not TBs. I find A hypos with QH milers a lot easier to find than in TB milers.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Thank you all for taking your time. I appreciate it. :)