Hypos vs Bloodstock

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Robert MicJee
Derby Contender

Hypos vs Bloodstock

Post by Robert MicJee »

I've seen murmerings of this at various times in the forum but am curious on the current opinions as I continue to muddle my way through the sim and breeding.

Would you prioritize breeding to a blue hen with B+ hypos or a formidable with A- hypos?

I do realize that breeding is likely not as simple as this and there are lines to consider, and that the difference between B+ and A- is likely insignificant but looking at two of my mares I found myself curious if there are any strong opinions on this.
Thanks!
MicJee's Studs
Damascus Defender (TS) $20,000
That One Time (TR) $20,000
Onward Horse (Pacer) $5,000
Throwing Shadows (App Sprint) $8,000
Directing Perfect (TR) $5,000
Double Bass (Arabian Sprint) $5,000
Always Famous (SC) $5,000
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Hypos vs Bloodstock

Post by The Harlequins »

Only new Robert but i have a view.

I cannot understand why you keep reading ( this stally hypos well )

Surely its the mare that hypos well or not.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

It might make a difference if this is just a theoretical question, or if it is actual for breed and distance. Theoretically, IF within the same category I would lean to the formidable A-.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Robert MicJee
Derby Contender

Post by Robert MicJee »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 3 years ago It might make a difference if this is just a theoretical question, or if it is actual for breed and distance. Theoretically, IF within the same category I would lean to the formidable A-.
Yes - same breed and distance.
MicJee's Studs
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

No, I meant the answer for me might be nuanced if it was TB turf miler category versus say QH sprinter.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Robert MicJee
Derby Contender

Post by Robert MicJee »

ah, gotcha.
MicJee's Studs
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

If it is a category where blue hens are really rare (e.g., Tb turf milers) I might lean to the blue hen a bit. But for say, TB dirt routers I would prefer the formidable. By the slightest of margins. But I suspect that there would be as many different opinions as there are players.