2x3 question

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

2x3 question

Post by Eric Gray »

As a relative newcomer to the game, I’m just now in my second breeding season, but I’m curious about something and looking for some insight from more established players. I’ve got my eyes to the future and in a few years, I could have what I consider to be a very interesting cross. The resulting foal would be a 2x3 cross to not one, but two of the TB DR’s most recent superstars. Does anyone have any examples of this phenomenon and the results from it, either good or bad? Thanks for any replies.
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Re: 2x3 question

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

My 3x2 experiment to broodmare My Heart of Hearts is so far a huge success. It gave me a freak filly that, last I checked, had the fastest 4f turf workout time for this year.

Star Crossed Lover
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

Thanks Fanta. My particular opportunity would have two of those. 2x3 to two different studs.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

Beautiful headshot by way.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I checked all my stakes/freaks and none of them have been 2x3 😅 some were 3x3
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

I have always tried to avoid 2x3 to any stallion when I can since it's generally not looked upon greatly in real life. The Steward has stated that she also likes to stay away from 2x3 crosses, so I'd imagine if she doesn't want to do them, then neither would many of us! However, there are some exceptions (Enable in real life is 3x2 to Sadler's Wells, and Private Affair in the SIM is 2x3 to Keep Your Promise) of course.

Mares are different to me, and I don't really mind doing a 2x3 cross on a great mare, like in Fanta's case. Another notable example of this is Man in Motion, who is 2x3 to Maryland Million. If I remember correctly, Tim said he wasn't crazy about the inbreeding, but it ended up working out favorably!

Personally, I probably wouldn't breed a horse that is 2x3 to two different stallions, but hey, different play styles, right? Maybe the experiment will work out!
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

Thanks for the input and I welcome any more. The two foals I am talking about haven't even galloped yet, let alone raced. If it were possible for Dave Matthews Band and Kingdom Come to have a baby, this would be as close as it coould be. I, unfortunately can't figure out how to link the hypo, but here are the two horses in question if anyone is interested enough to look at the resulting hypo.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1335774
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1348059