Let's make a deal

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Let's make a deal

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I got a stud

This is him --> Deal Breaker

His mom's brother is James Dean (also some other cool guys)
His dad is Heart of the Storm who made lots of money and had a lot of kids who made lots of money

You might think "okay, I'll go use those guys"

WRONG

James Dean is sitting in a retirement home in New Mexico
Heart of the Storm is drinking fancy umbrella drinks on a Cali beach

Mares do not want this, they want a man who has worked hard for many years and still has the energy to continue to work hard in his new career of complimenting ladies. Allow us to present The Arguments:

Pros
+James Dean pedigree, without the James Dean price
+Won a G2 at eight years old, still gallops stakes at nine, foals will literally run forever
+Hefty book of unpredictables already, he does not discriminate and will love you just the way you are
+He will love all of his children no matter how many legs they have
+Has hypos (flat A does exist)
+Need to balance out that colts/fillies ratio before breeding your best mares to the JD-price studs? We can help with that. $3,500. No discrimination.
+Initials are DB, most hyped stud right now is DMB, you see the similarities, the correlation is undeniable
+"Deal" is literally part of his name what more could you possibly want

Cons
????

Pitch over, breed to Deal Breaker
Last edited by Shannon Hunt 2 years ago, edited 5 times in total.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Let's make a deal

Post by Carole Hanson »

Best stud ad on the SIM!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

This guy was crazy consistent. 50 starts, nearly half of them top three, so honest, almost always ran his eyes out. I loved that mare Treaty.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago This guy was crazy consistent. 50 starts, nearly half of them top three, so honest, almost always ran his eyes out. I loved that mare Treaty.
It was really kind of Lucas to give him to me, this horse got me my first DR stakes win, in a G2 no less. Have no good mares to send him but fingers crossed anyway - stranger things have certainly happened in my stable lol
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Broke but can't stop breeding? Need some extra colts that won't cut into fancy filly fees? Man's got multiple winners in his first crop and majority of his offspring are late bloomers. His first book was almost entirely formidable and below, mostly unpredictables, so don't worry about the stats. These kids are going to last six+ seasons easy, and you WILL make back the stud fee.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Despite me "supporting" him with some absolute garbage, as I start retiring his oldest daughters I've discovered multiple hens and stars. He continues to be a very cheap well-pedigreed option for broke breeders, could potentially throw something nice with an actual nice mare, and appears to be improving female lines. Check him out if you're looking to infuse your program with stamina and longevity. Average earnings nearly 4x his stud fee.

And if you really hate the foal you get, Deal Breaker will never slack off in his fatherly duties. Just sell it to me for 3.5k.

Edit- Pact line breeding seems to show some extra potential. James Dean/Sir Topham Hatt mares may be quite useful crosses here.