Foal with Quality report

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Foal with Quality report

Post by David Faulkner »

I would like to hear your opinion about what would happen if there was this possibility

When a mare is bred, the foal already has its galloping quality, which when the year is completed and it is galloped we know that it is

you have to wait all season to have the joy, or the disappointment that your baby turned out

Now how good would it be to know the quality of your foal, at birth

pay for example 500 GPs, and tell you this foal is a Freak LB, Progressive, or Peak

How it would help, I think if you have all the hopes in that colt you have the opportunity to know that you should look for other results

I think another help is that a player with few resources could sell that foal, and receive income that would help him do other things

There is also the possibility that they wait until they turn the year.

I would like to be able to know after their quality is born, and to know that I can train in my stable

and on securing it I think a fee of $ 40k could be placed for being foal

and that this option was available to all players

I think it would help a lot with anxiety, and health throughout the season
Jack Christensen
Derby Contender

Re: Foal with Quality report

Post by Jack Christensen »

I think this has been brought up before. It doesn't make a lot of sense. I don't think it changes how you breed for the rest of the year. And I don't think it has any benefits for the larger SIM community, so I would oppose it.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

David Velasquez wrote: 3 years ago I would like to hear your opinion about what would happen if there was this possibility

When a mare is bred, the foal already has its galloping quality, which when the year is completed and it is galloped we know that it is

you have to wait all season to have the joy, or the disappointment that your baby turned out

Now how good would it be to know the quality of your foal, at birth

pay for example 500 GPs, and tell you this foal is a Freak LB, Progressive, or Peak

How it would help, I think if you have all the hopes in that colt you have the opportunity to know that you should look for other results

I think another help is that a player with few resources could sell that foal, and receive income that would help him do other things

There is also the possibility that they wait until they turn the year.

I would like to be able to know after their quality is born, and to know that I can train in my stable

and on securing it I think a fee of $ 40k could be placed for being foal

and that this option was available to all players

I think it would help a lot with anxiety, and health throughout the season
I don't mind this idea. It could be handy when setting stud fees.
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Anxiety is part of the game. Festivus is a holiday that all who breed look forwards to. Waiting up till year change over then galloping and complaining about all our new claimers. LOL
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Craig Mcgee wrote: 3 years ago Anxiety is part of the game. Festivus is a holiday that all who breed look forwards to. Waiting up till year change over then galloping and complaining about all our new claimers. LOL
:D Ironic, ain’t it!
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Excellent, Thank you for your views It is Great

If the adrenaline of Festivus, the joy, and complaints It has no comparison :)
Masaya Stable
Miler

Post by Masaya Stable »

I don't agree with that, why?

in real life, a trainer trains foals a year before having a result, so just before the start of his career.

yes we can know from the pedegre. but it happens joy or disappointment just at the finish of the race.

So I would rather say to delay the gallop of the horse
like after the training year.
therefore beginning of 2 years

this would benefit the small player who does not have many horses in training. because the players experience a lot of foals and when they save the gallop. the less good they (sell or greenpasture)

if we have to wait another year it would cost a lot more to the big farm. therefore he would have fewer foals and fewer sales at greenpasture.

it is only with the wookouts that a player could (approximate) know if his foal is better than others
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

For your info those with so called big barns usually also own a farm.... so they can either sit on a yearling in hopes it blooms or pension it and just let it sit in pasture.....no need to send them to greener pastures. So all that the gallop does is give you an idea on what races to enter in. I have had productives win stakes and stakes that can not even win a claimer.

As far as workouts my best horse by far Jeaux never showed up in top 50 w/o times at any distance.
I have had great workout warriors that could never break their maiden.

There is no one way to figure out how good your horse is until you race it.
I need supervision 24/7. :roll: