One Mare, 3 Stakes Winners

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

One Mare, 3 Stakes Winners

Post by Regina Moore »

Quite an accomplishment for one mare in one race day:
ONLY TIME (4yo c by Beauty Only) won the Grade 1 Pegasus Turf Mile
TIMELY ONE (3yo f by Of the Great Ones) won the Grade 3 Can't Live in Fear Stakes
TIMELESS TRENDS (5yo m by Admire Daio) won the Hindsight Stakes

Time Capsuled (by homebred multi millionaire Warlock) herself was the best offspring from my homebred millionaire Messages (by Do No Harm). Messages was out of Magic Author (by Mark Twain), who was the worst racetrack performer from minor stakes winner Performing Spells but was a decent broodmare.

Performing Spells was a yearling filly I won via the Dare to Dream Program, for those who have been playing long enough to to remember the program Eric Nalbone ran for newbies. In addition to Magic Author, Performing Spells produced my first millionaire (and multi-millionaire) in War Lock.

When one has been playing over 30 game years, like I have, it's immensely satisfying to have bred a long female line of successful performers.

Thanks, Eric Nalbone, for having started it all!
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: One Mare, 3 Stakes Winners

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Regina Moore wrote: 3 years ago Quite an accomplishment for one mare in one race day:
ONLY TIME (4yo c by Beauty Only) won the Grade 1 Pegasus Turf Mile
TIMELY ONE (3yo f by Of the Great Ones) won the Grade 3 Can't Live in Fear Stakes
TIMELESS TRENDS (5yo m by Admire Daio) won the Hindsight Stakes

Time Capsuled (by homebred multi millionaire Warlock) herself was the best offspring from my homebred millionaire Messages (by Do No Harm). Messages was out of Magic Author (by Mark Twain), who was the worst racetrack performer from minor stakes winner Performing Spells but was a decent broodmare.

Performing Spells was a yearling filly I won via the Dare to Dream Program, for those who have been playing long enough to to remember the program Eric Nalbone ran for newbies. In addition to Magic Author, Performing Spells produced my first millionaire (and multi-millionaire) in War Lock.

When one has been playing over 30 game years, like I have, it's immensely satisfying to have bred a long female line of successful performers.

Thanks, Eric Nalbone, for having started it all!
Wondering if this ever happened before with a mare? I can imagine it has with a sire, but for a mare this is incredible. Congrats.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Congrats Regina, very well done.

I’m not sure about 3, but back in year 26, Ladonna won 2 SC races with siblings from the beautiful mare Fuji Nights.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

That's super cool!

The closest thing I've had like that is when siblings Mahler and See You in the Dark both won Grade 1's week 14 of last year (one in Asia, one in New York). Then one season, Moon of Atlantis had the 1-2 in the SC F&M Turf. I don't think I've had 3 siblings in one week let alone night before though!
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Pretty amazing and I love the story!
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

stories like this is why I follow mare lines closer than sire lines. I love my ladies.