War Like Me - Y59 Update

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Re: War Like Me - Retiring End of Year

Post by Ren Marston »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 2 years ago Eric, Lily and Rose, thanks so much for your support for my boy! I think he's very much enjoying retired life with all the lovely dates he is seeing!
Ren Marston wrote: 2 years ago his own webpage?! that iss so cool!!!
Ren, if you click around, my entire stable is on that site. It works better on a computer rather than a mobile, though. Text sizes are a bit all over the place on the mobile version.
I just checked it out, that is amazing! so much dedication- great job!
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I sent him several nice ones from my barn, he certainly looks promising. Best of luck with him!
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Thank you all for making this guy's first season at stud a resounding success, at least so far. I have a few booking slots saved back and will release them gradually at random tonight and tomorrow morning.

If at some point he is booked full and you have a mare that you would LOVE to send to him, PM me and I should still have a couple spots left just in case.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Re: War Like Me - Y59 Update

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I have received lots of messages about breeding slots to this guy. In an effort to prevent a situation where one breeder uses up a lot of the slots quickly and shuts others out (I can't really pay 9k GPs to increase his limit, sorry guys), the remaining 80 or so that I won't be using will be released in a few batches spread throughout the SIM year. I am real life broke and have to hoard GPs from the sale, but I have passed out a few reserve slots here and there.

Don't worry, he won't stay booked full forever! (His stud fee will also not stay at $85,000 forever, if what I'm seeing from his yearlings already is any indication; he has 6 freaks and 13 stakes with a whole slew of late bloomers among those).

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

At the current exchange rate (I hate it right now.) You could afford a GP trade with 1.2 breedings, at 85k per slot. Cheap. Crazy. Too Cheap. Sell foals at 100k a pop, and its like woah. Id pay that once. (I'm cheap.) He's hot. Strut it. Do you. Be about it. Do about it.
;p
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 2 years ago At the current exchange rate (I hate it right now.) You could afford a GP trade with 1.2 breedings, at 85k per slot. Cheap. Crazy. Too Cheap. Sell foals at 100k a pop, and its like woah. Id pay that once. (I'm cheap.) He's hot. Strut it. Do you. Be about it. Do about it.
Hmm, I honestly hadn't thought of the exchange at all. I'm not very used to using it. But you are correct, financially it would make sense. I'll have to consider if I want to expand his book or not, though it will likely happen later in the year. I will still only be releasing a small handful of slots at a time but there will probably be more than originally. Thanks for reminding me of the exchange ;)

Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

It took me a couple weeks to decide who to go to, but when I saw he had some spots available, I went for it! My blue hen mare hypo'd A+ to him (along with Parts Unknown, Private Affair, and World of Color) - so tough decisions but hoping I chose right!

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1441510
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Durzo Blint wrote: 2 years ago It took me a couple weeks to decide who to go to, but when I saw he had some spots available, I went for it! My blue hen mare hypo'd A+ to him (along with Parts Unknown, Private Affair, and World of Color) - so tough decisions but hoping I chose right!

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1441510
Gorgeous filly! That's also incredible. I've never personally seen an A+ nick in TBs, much less a mare that gets multiple. She is going to be something else in the shed. Thank you for choosing my guy :)

Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

Congrats on a nice stud as well never heard of him till seeing this now but that means nothing I don’t do DR lol
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Xander Zone wrote: 2 years ago Congrats on a nice stud as well never heard of him till seeing this now but that means nothing I don’t do DR lol
For not doing DR, you seem to have had some recent big time success in that division?
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Sad panda! I missed you opening slots 🤪
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Sammy has as many yearlings on the top 50 fastest workouts at 5 furlongs as Dave Matthews Band (at least to date)! These babies are HOT. Steal the Sun just blazed her second work in 56.86 and Atlas Falls clocked his first in 57.05! They are progressive and late blooming freaks. He also has a late blooming stakes filly that is a half sister to Can't Take the Sky that went in 57.14!

Don't worry, he will have slots available. I am just releasing them slowly so more folks have a chance to send mares and there will be plenty left for the end of the year, as well.

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

After a few messages I've received in recent weeks and things I've seen here on the forum, I feel the need to throw this out there as a public service announcement: No, this horse isn't being held back for "exclusive breeders only" or just for my "friends". Slots are being managed so that I can be sure there are a fair few left for the end of year rush. I do not intend to expand his slots beyond 150 because I do not want to.

If you have a problem with any of this, you don't have to use him. No need to send passive aggressive messages or subtly complain on the forum or in chat.

I would hope that, as adults, we can respect how each other wants to play the game (within its rules) and manage our own horses. I don't try to tell anyone else what to do with their stable and don't feel as though anyone should have a right to tell me what to do with mine.

ETA: And, for the record, I believe everyone who has PMed me about breeding to him can tell you that I've done my best to be accomodating.

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

These babies are fast, and only going to get faster! Among his yearlings in my barn, Steal the Sun (St. Nicholas Day) has clocked works in 56.85 and 1:09.06. Atlas Falls has gone in 57.01 and 1:09.12. Both are freaks and neither has hit their peak yet. His stakes filly that is a half to Can't Take the Sky has gone in 57.06 and the half sister to Castles Crumble, also a stakes galloper, in 57.19. Both are late bloomers that I expect to improve to freak!

In terms of future plans, it is highly likely that this stud fee will be raised next season. I will also be changing the way the breeding slots are managed, likely releasing one chunk at the beginning of the year and the rest in the last couple of weeks. For now, don't worry, there are plenty of spots left for this season if you are still looking for a Sammy foal.