Oldest Mare to Live?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Oldest Mare to Live?

Post by Erin Sanderson »

OK all, who is your oldest mare to survive breeding? I nabbed a 25 year old War Daddy x California daughter from the JS dispersal because I love OLD school pedigrees, especially War Daddy. I liked Blue Bayou for both her and a 19 year old Amidah daughter that I got from the same sale. Sent them both for "one last filly". They BOTH lived.

Granted, the 25 year old has only had two previous foals. But STILL. Mind. Blown.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: Oldest Mare to Live?

Post by Nena Olson »

I had a 27 year old Battlenote mare be barren this year. She’s a grand daughter of Loki Dynasty. 100% breeding her next year! https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=280504 look at that pedigree 😂
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago I had a 27 year old Battlenote mare be barren this year. She’s a grand daughter of Loki Dynasty. 100% breeding her next year! https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=280504 look at that pedigree 😂
That thing has been sitting in your barn for 16 seasons since you bred her last foal. Why breed her now?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago
Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago I had a 27 year old Battlenote mare be barren this year. She’s a grand daughter of Loki Dynasty. 100% breeding her next year! https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=280504 look at that pedigree 😂
That thing has been sitting in your barn for 16 seasons since you bred her last foal. Why breed her now?
For fun :D Battlenote was my first superstar! It makes me warm and fuzzy knowing I can have a granddaughter of him to race ;)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Jake Simski
Two Year Old

Post by Jake Simski »

I did the same with a Take Me Black x Silent Journey foal from the same auction. Hoping for some echo-genes from Kismet as she's the Jean Claude Van Dam in Dam and Sire.

*Jean Claude Van Dam : (Simski-ism) for best Dam going back 4-5 generations on all 4 grandparents
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

That pedigree is TOO FUN to not breed. I wouldn't have resisted the temptation this long :lol:

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 3 years ago
That pedigree is TOO FUN to not breed. I wouldn't have resisted the temptation this long :lol:
I didn't know she existed until she was barren this year LOL
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago
OK, I stalked you, you have 1208 mares that aren't pensioned so I guess you get a pass :D You need fewer mares and then you won't lose them!

Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 3 years ago
Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago
OK, I stalked you, you have 1208 mares that aren't pensioned so I guess you get a pass :D You need fewer mares and then you won't lose them!
Yes but you know how long it takes to go through 1208 mares :lol:
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I just bred a 29 year old mare...and she lived. : )

The Very

This is her 2nd foal...her first was was born 26 years ago :lol: She is a 'potential' type mare and has a good number of B+ hypos, but she kind of got lost in the herd over the years.

I did some inbreeding with my Storm The Blockade line. He, and his son, Fortification were SC winners...but at this point, I only have a 'useful' stallion left from that line...Boomshakalaka. His foals earn money for me, not a lot, but enough that I still send a few mares to him every year and hope I'll get a good slide with one of the colts and keep the line going for another generation, just for sentimental reasons.

If this old mare lives to be 30 and can be breed one last time, I splurge and send her to a nicer stallion. : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I had another 29 year old mare survive foaling. She's a potential type broodmare.

Go Get Your Reward

She 'pulled' my foundation mare Foremost from the far back part of the pedigree where she has been with the more current generations, to a point where she has some influence in the make up of the filly. Foremost is the dam Foreward, one of the more rare males of that line who did quite well on the track, and Foreward is Go Get Your Reward's sire.

The resulting foal, un-named filly

I managed to do some inbreeding but avoided any black type highlighting for shared ancestry. The filly, in her pedigree, has Mal and Foreward, two sires from my Foremost line, along with Foremost and some of her generations of broodmares in the line.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000