Mahler~TS

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Mahler~TS

Post by Carole Hanson »

Mahler
Strong and Free x See You When (See You Monday)
For further pedigree, please see catalogue page

26: 12-4-4
$4,683,500
6x Grade 1 winner including the Desert Turf Sprint and Chimborazo Stakes
By super stud Strong and Free and out of the Multiple Grade 1 producing See You When, who herself is a sister to multiple Grade 1 winner and stakes producer Nevermind

Rated 'Sound'
Heart 'Timid'
Fee: $60,000
Last edited by Carole Hanson 1 year ago, edited 13 times in total.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: COMING YEAR 58: TS-Mahler

Post by Carole Hanson »

Now a 5x Grade 1 winner and the horse that provided me with my 1,000th lifetime win (which isn’t significant to his stud ability but very cool nonetheless)!
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Looking forward to it!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Yet another stunning piece of art by Mara Jade Vess! A little different to his headshot but I love this interpretation just as much!
Last edited by Carole Hanson 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: RETIRED YR58: TS-Mahler

Post by Carole Hanson »

Mahler surprised me by winning the Chimborazo Stakes so now he’s super rich and so am I :D

After winning such a big one, I felt it was the perfect place to end his career and cap off what was an insane season for him. So he now stands for $60,000 and has been hypoing on par with, and in one case I saw above Lord Black and Strong and Free. Hypos I’ve gotten include:
2x Flat A to a blue hen and a star (the star has A- to Lord Black and Strong and Free) *UPDATE* the blue hen is also A- to Lord Black and Strong and Free so once again he hypos a little better than those two
2x A- both to formidables
1x B+ to a mare who also gets B+ to Lord Black (B to everyone else) and is a formidable

So he seems pretty good!

ETA: I will update the rest of this post once I finish work and have time to get on my computer
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Mahler~TS

Post by Carole Hanson »

Shiny updated version with the Chimbo win and his new earnings included! Once again, thanks go out to Mara who is super amazing!

Thank you all for your excellent support so far, some really really nice mares coming through and I'm super happy to see that!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Bumping this thread up but you guys have supported him brilliantly already so thank you all so much! I really can’t wait to see his first crop gallop and then race!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

And now Steward approved with a very very nice mare!
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1427129
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

16 Stakes in his first crop already, over 50% allowance or better, and over 80% productive or better! No freaks yet but still a few to gallop and there's of course the Steward bred to come.

As such, I have decided to raise his fee to $90,000 which is definitely the highest in the division but for now at least, I think he deserves the fee.

Thanks all for the support and best of luck with all those yearlings!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Will I ever stop changing my mind about things? 😬

Fee is now $75,000 because that seems like a fairer price than $90,000 considering he has no freaks yet and hasn't had any foals race. His stakes % is insane though, especially given he saw 113 mares last season.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

FWIW, I think 90k is more than fair for 16%ish stakes. That's a touch higher than Talus' stakes% was last year, and he bred 150 at 80k (only four of which were mine) despite me not noticing that he was booked full for like the last three days.
Just sayin'... stallion demand is almost entirely based on hypos and gallops, and since his are outstanding, he warrants an outstanding price. ;)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Thanks Laura! I definitely don't mind about how many mares he sees this season, it's just me trying to not overprice him haha! I think for now he'll stay at 75k unless the last 5 of his foals to gallop are all freaks or stakes. Talus for sure deserves his 80k fee, I felt that Mahler shouldn't be higher than him yet when he doesn't have a freak and has only been around for a few weeks compared to Talus. Let's see how Mahler does in the next couple of seasons.

Thank you for your support though!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

So Mahler has had his first foals hit the ground, and he leads for first crop turf sprint sires in most categories apart from average earnings per runner and percent winners, where he is 2nd in both, but with the most foals to race so far out of any of the first crop studs.

Last night, he also had his first 2 stakes winners as a sire! Hopefully, there’ll be more to come soon! He has had a very promising start thus far though.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Mahler now boasts 7 stakes winner already and it’s only just week 5! A couple of his stakes winners are allowances, this shows me that his foals will be bloomers just like he was.

His stakes winners/runners % is now over 10% and he has increased his winners/runners % to 45%. Already, with 5 weeks of runners on the track, he is closing in on $1 million in progeny earnings, I am certain he will reach this mark by the mid point of the year.

To be honest, he doesn’t need much advertising but I’m proud of how his first season at stud is going so I’m gonna post about it :)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Half way through the year, Mahler has over 55% winners/runners, 12 stakes winners giving him an excellent percentage of 17.9% SW/R, and he has over $1.5 million in progeny earnings already!

To top it all off, he has just had his first foal upgrade to freak, and has had 2 foals improve to stakes (though annoyingly, my stakes late bloomer and progressive both decided to stay that way haha!)

He's off to a flying start but it looks like he'll be the type of stud to produce lots of late blooming types, that's super exciting!