Breed my Best Mares

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Breed my Best Mares

Post by J.P Dogood »

So its a bit early to be thinking about this stuff but its break and I am bored. After a very frustrating festivus (read my article if you'd like about that) I have decided to try to step back from the obsessive breeding/research world and ask the community. I am going to put a series of my best mares up here over the next coming weeks and I would love input about what I should do about breeding them. I'd love honest feedback and will definitely listen to you all advertising your own stallions but I would like to use this as insight to how everyone else approaches the breeding barn. So without further ado, lets start with my prettiest mare...

Safe
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=789000
  • Steward-bred Blue Hen
  • Already 15 so I likely do not have a ton of babies left out of her.
  • Has over 1.5mil in progeny earning
  • From the War Daddy line which crosses well with DMB only for me to breed a productive progressive colt from the cross...
  • Has real mixed success from various sires (dont have simperior so cannot tell the progeny gallop rating
I will take any and all recommendations as long as you give me a decent reason why. Thanks in advance!

P.S if you think this is a stupid idea and that I should not bother the forum with it let me know as well. I have a handful more mares I would do this with so I would rather know earlier than later.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Breed my Best Mares

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Yes, please use and time machine to go back and breed to “you are I am”. Seems like a nice cross with mint and a good stud.
;p
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 2 years ago Yes, please use and time machine to go back and breed to “you are I am”. Seems like a nice cross with mint and a good stud.
if only I could... What is difficult too is none of his direct progeny are still standing except for lower level sires. The best one relatively close would be War Like Me, but he hasnt been standing long enough to get a good read on his runners for the price tag.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

If you want an older generation sire, keefer is still pushing out his dna. Maybe best option for that generation, only reasoning there. If you want to wait and see on something new, arizona is a 3x3 to the mare chocolate. Also, Ziggy stardust is a 3x4 to chocolate and includes DMB/you are I am into the pedigree
;p
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 2 years ago If you want an older generation sire, keefer is still pushing out his dna. Maybe best option for that generation, only reasoning there. If you want to wait and see on something new, arizona is a 3x3 to the mare chocolate. Also, Ziggy stardust is a 3x4 to chocolate and includes DMB/you are I am into the pedigree
I was looking at ziggy this morning. I like the thought and Safe hypo'd A to DMB so I assume it would be at least an A- with ziggy
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

She’s a flat A to ziggy.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

I am now in no way an expert on dr but I think Mint Mares in the past has done well with The James Dean bloodlines so maybe something like
Delirium, Torque or Ransack
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

I love and appreciate all the input. Delirium definitely interests me just cause I think Owl Let You Know might be one of the greatest Sim horses so I have a soft spot for her foals. As of now I would say its a toss between ziggy and delirium
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I keep trying to reply to this thread and I ragequit every time because this pedigree has both Capricious AND Sweethearts who are the most frustrating and disappointing female lines I’ve ever been involved with.

So don’t feel bad if you can’t get a decent foal. I never could!

That said, I like the options of Ziggy, Ransack and Delirium
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)