Zendaya Breeding

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Randell Johnson
Listed Stakes Winner

Zendaya Breeding

Post by Randell Johnson »

I have never really understood breeding, so I will venture to ask a few questions to the smarter SIM breeders at large.

I am trying to get some breeding done early this year, and with Zendaya, I have settled on two that I am deciding between.

Marvel x Zendaya, which has already produced 1 freak.
And Vengeance or Grief x Zendaya, who I haven't tried.
- Both are A-, so no difference there.

When looking at the two Hypothetical Mating Results, I am trying to understand what the different 3x3 or 4x4 crossing really matter?
Zendaya x Vengeance or Grief https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1173103
Zendaya x Marvel https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1060893

And I know many topics have been started of the 3x3 on the sire's side, but what about the dam's side like Vengeance or Grief x Zendaya with Nightchill? Is there any benefit there?

Is there any extra benefit or theoretical advantage by having a Nightchill 3x3 and a Just Victory 4x4?

Again, I know other topics have been started on this, and I have read most of them, so to get a better understanding, I am hoping looking directly at a horse of my own, I might finally understand it.

Sorry if this is hard to follow.
Let me know if it's to confusing.

Thanks in advance!
Randy
Gunite - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1785312
DM/DS & Steeplechaser - RL Steward Created, A's & A+'s

Chase Elliott - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1241172
Stewards Cup, Saudi, Pegasus Winner
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Zendaya Breeding

Post by Andrew James »

I love talking about this stuff. Since I have a potential interest in the result I will do my best to keep my response here bias free.

Mechanics:
3X3 means you have the same dam or sire on the 3rd line of the pedigree chart. Reading left to right, the dam and sire are line 1, then 2 is the grand family and then line 3.
4X4 same deal but the next line.

Paraphrasing the Steward (hopefully someone can find the thread): When you inbreed you have a chance at the foal getting extra of the good qualities of the mare or sire you inbred. You also have a chance of getting extra the worse qualities.

Theory thoughts: If I have a slow dam I will sometimes try and make sure there is inbreeding to a "fast" sire or dam line.

Does 4X4 matter? We've all heard that it's only the first 3 lines of the pedigree that matter for the foal. But if you think about it, the 3rd line has the qualities of the fourth line. So if you inbreed 4x4 to JV you are half inbreeding to JV and could be getting extra doses of his speed. Not sure if that makes sense?

Like to like: If a cross worked, like say for example maelstrom X east created a fast dam. I will then sometimes breed that dam to a sire that is Maelstrom X East. Thinking being if it worked once, why wouldn't more of that cross work?

Last thoughts on Nightchill specifically: Feel free to go through my VoG foals, Ive inbred to Nightchill a lot, happy to let you know the gallops of any of the offspring if you find a cross similar to Zendaya.

Goodluck!
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Randell Johnson
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Zendaya Breeding

Post by Randell Johnson »

Andrew James wrote: 2 years ago I love talking about this stuff. Since I have a potential interest in the result I will do my best to keep my response here bias free.

Mechanics:
3X3 means you have the same dam or sire on the 3rd line of the pedigree chart. Reading left to right, the dam and sire are line 1, then 2 is the grand family and then line 3.
4X4 same deal but the next line.

Paraphrasing the Steward (hopefully someone can find the thread): When you inbreed you have a chance at the foal getting extra of the good qualities of the mare or sire you inbred. You also have a chance of getting extra the worse qualities.

Theory thoughts: If I have a slow dam I will sometimes try and make sure there is inbreeding to a "fast" sire or dam line.

Does 4X4 matter? We've all heard that it's only the first 3 lines of the pedigree that matter for the foal. But if you think about it, the 3rd line has the qualities of the fourth line. So if you inbreed 4x4 to JV you are half inbreeding to JV and could be getting extra doses of his speed. Not sure if that makes sense?

Like to like: If a cross worked, like say for example maelstrom X east created a fast dam. I will then sometimes breed that dam to a sire that is Maelstrom X East. Thinking being if it worked once, why wouldn't more of that cross work?

Last thoughts on Nightchill specifically: Feel free to go through my VoG foals, Ive inbred to Nightchill a lot, happy to let you know the gallops of any of the offspring if you find a cross similar to Zendaya.

Goodluck!
Thanks for the explanation pertaining directly to Zendaya! Your explanation was excellent and I am very glad you took the time to give your knowledge on the subject.

I think I will probably send Zendaya to VoG this year, just to see what happens.

I normally like to send my mares back to sires they have had success with, but my results have never been that good, so might as well try and do some bloodline breeding.

Thanks, and have a Great Day!
Gunite - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1785312
DM/DS & Steeplechaser - RL Steward Created, A's & A+'s

Chase Elliott - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1241172
Stewards Cup, Saudi, Pegasus Winner