Can't Take the Sky - Retiring End of Y59

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Can't Take the Sky - Retiring End of Y59

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I figured I had better formally announce my intention to retire this special colt at the end of the year. It is about 90% certain that he will retire, barring something very strange happening. Fee will be in the range of $50,000 for his freshman season.

CAN'T TAKE THE SKY
Y58 North American Champion Three Year Old Colt
17hh dkb. c. Castles Crumble - Floral Bonnett, by Prince Louder
Record: 12 Starts; 7 Wins, 3 Place, 0 Show Earnings: $5,415,000

WON

Y58 Steward's Cup Classic - G1 (1 1/4m, by a head, defeating Poet's Corner, Maximus, War Like Me, Ziggy Stardust, Best Revenge, Fantastic Beast, Crayon, Silence Suzuka, Come Tomorrow, Witted, Dauphin, The Deuce)
Y58 Queen's Derby - G1 (1 1/4m, by a nose, defeating Prince Rambling, Academy Award, You Won Me Over, Pillage, Volt, etc.)
Y59 Arcadia Million - G1 (1 1/4m, by a head, defeating Poldark, May Courage Find You, Kendry, etc.)
Y58 Awesome Derby - G1 (1 1/4m, by 2 1/4 lengths, defeating Smoltz, Prince Devil, etc.)
Y58 Sunshine Park Derby - G1 (1 1/8m, by a neck, defeating May Courage Find You, We Define Love, etc.)
Y57 Bubbly Stakes - G1 (1 1/16m, by 1 1/4 lengths, defeating City of Water, Dean's Garden, etc.)
Y57 Don't Hesitate Stakes - G3 (1 1/16m, by 3 3/4 lengths, defeating Face Into the Wind, Spirited Debate, etc.)

SECOND

Y58 Louisville Derby - G1 (1 1/4m, to Crimson Horizons, defeating Prince Rambling, Fantastic Beast, You Won Me Over, Carson, Academy Award, You Will Be Found, Into the Unknown, Pillage, Avatarist, Fairy Tale Victory, Poldark, Country Bear, etc.)
Y57 Steward's Cup Juvenile - G1 (1 1/16m, to Academy Award, defeating Fantastic Beast, Prince Rambling, You Will Be Found, etc.)
Y58 Midsummer Derby - G1 (1 1/4m, to Poldark, defeating Crimson Horizons, Into the Unknown, Fantastic Beast, etc.)

There isn't much left to say about this boy. Just take a look at his record. He has never run in anything but graded stakes and has always been in the mix at the finish, no matter what the circumstances. He finished second in the Derby after breaking from post 19 and presumably could have been even closer at the finish with a better post. "Mal" is another representative of the excellent Sway female family with three crosses to that mare, through his dam, his sire Castles Crumble and HIS sire Through the Ghost. He is a third generation (sire line) Steward's Cup winner and $5 million earner. I have primarily run all of these boys at 1 1/4 miles, where they have excelled and the big races are, but I believe they have plenty of stamina to stretch out longer, with Mal being no exception. A grade one winner in all three years he has been racing, I expect him to take that same excellence into the breeding shed.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Re: Can't Take the Sky - Retiring End of Y59

Post by Gwayne's World »

Sorry to see the really nice ones like Can't Take the Sky potentially being retired. But going out on top is a classy move! I'll try to find a mare worthy of him!