Secret Whispers, shush

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Secret Whispers, shush

Post by Jon Xett »

With apologies to The Steward, Karl and Stormy: this mare, Secret Whispers is awful!

https://www.simhorseracing.com//horse.p ... ID=1175713

Let's see here.
She is a Steward bred turf type (I think).
I paid over a million fake buck-a-roos on this one.
She did break her maiden in her 11th start.
She retired as a not the right fit. I paid how much for this gem?
She is the worst hypoing mare I've ever had. Nothing over b-negative.
Two of her three progeny are claimer shamers.

Why am I even wasting words on her when I should be hitting the GP button and moving on?
Because she is a Steward bred and Steward bred mares should be good racers and if they are bad racers like good ol' Secret Whispers, they should be good to decent broodmares, right? Perhaps not.

Here's the deal:
post here why you want her and who she should be bred to and any clever witticisms you come up with
Here's the catch:
you have to breed her ($0 lease) and at least keep her foal until the next Festivus.
Here's the so-called prize for your trouble:
I'll send the selected "winner" $99,000 SIM money gift Year 60.
I'll also send a $0 Year 60 lease (stakes or higher ) for a TB mare in your preferred TB division from my barn.
The sweetener:
If the yearling gallops allowance or higher, I will send you 4 stallion slots at the minimum price of $3500 to the sire(s) of your choice from my stallion barn.

Have fun playing SIM because otherwise, what's the point, jX

ETA: A SIM Celebrity will be asked to select the winner on Year 60, Week 2, Day Friday.
Last edited by Jon Xett 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Nick Shredder
Sprinter

Re: Secret Whispers, shush

Post by Nick Shredder »

I want her because I have never bred a Steward Bred mare before and if I start with her there is no where to go but up.

I would breed her to Get What You Get because sometimes in simhorseracing, you get what you get.
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

So I snuck into Jon's barn at the stroke of midnight, fed a certain chestnut mare some sugar cubes and whispered my plans in her ear to see if she approves. We can't tell you who she should be bred to, as it's a secret, but as to why I want her, sugar is sweet and so is Jon's sweeteners.

Thanks for a fun idea!
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Contest over.
By the way, the celebrity SIM player who was to select the winner told me that this idea was truly awful, almost as awful as that mare I was offering. So I kicked them in the shins.
Winners to be announced very soon. jX
Last edited by Jon Xett 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Maria -and- Nick won.
Thanks for posting and playing along.
That mare is truly awful so I won't make anyone really breed to her which means you won't have to deal with a bad foal.

Here are your prizes for having a little fun in SIM:
*I'm sending you the $99,000 SIM money gift in a message in the game.
*I'll also send you a Year 60 mare lease (stakes or higher ). Just tell me what TB division (TR, DR, TM, DM, TS, DS) you would like the mare to come from.
*Also, let me know what sire or sires from my barn you would like to have for your 4 reduced price 4 ($3500) SIM stallion slots.

If you could do me a favor and let me know this weekend, I would appreciate it. All in fun, jX
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Nick requested a dirt sprint mare. I have 2 blues types so I sent him Five Senses Reeling. She has a very nice unraced 2yo colt named Denzel. Good luck Nick.
Nick also requested 2 Lights Down stallion slots, a Still Here Dancing and a Still Dancing slot. Confusing yes I know so Nick will need to figure out which is a dirt mile type and which is the turf mile sire.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1047331 <- Lights Down link_ Stud Fee: $35,060
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=954779 <- Still Dancing link _ Stud Fee: $20,060
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1180756 <-Still Here Dancing link_ Stud Fee: $25,060

Nick is a relatively new player in SIM. I wish him the best of luck and success each SIM year. He's well on his way. jX
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Maria has certainly hit the ground running since she joined SIM. She seems to have a preference for the very competitive dirt route racing division and so it is really fun that she hit a mini-jackpot with a freaky Dave Matthews Band runner recently. She chose DMB as her sire prize. Also not a shock that she selected dirt route as her lease mare choice.
I sent Eilish over to her this morning. Eilish is a hen type special mare who I feel has the potential to give up a freaky foal because she is by Cleo's super cool sire, Nighteyes. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1174217 <- Eilish link.

All in fun, jX
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

this is great
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

Many thanks to Jon for what I thought was a fun and very generous contest idea.