Mass-hypo Mating Pricing Poll

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Mass Mare Pricing

Poll ended at 2 years ago

30000 GPS
8%
25000 GPS
No votes
20000 GPS
12%
15000 GPS
8%
10000 GPS
72%

Total votes: 25

Ryan Whitehead
Grade 3 Winner

Mass-hypo Mating Pricing Poll

Post by Ryan Whitehead »

Want to see others opinion on the Mass-hypo pricing. Personally at the current rate I will never use it. 30000 GPS is equal to 120 hypomates and lets face it there are usually no more than 25 really nice studs in any division. I can buy a nice headshot for 30k which seems more of a benefit as it pays the artist as well.

I like the idea of mass-hypo's but I think the pricing is way off target for the benefit. Anyway what is your opinion?
Improvisational 80K
Fade to Black 50K
Moneyed 40K
Moose Knuckle 28K
Forefront 15K
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: Mass-hypo Mating Pricing Poll

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I think this feature needs a better explanation. I'm reading it "at a maximum cost of 30,000 GPS," which seems to imply the cost could be less, depending on the division. So, my question is, does the 30k GPS max price reflect 250 GPs per sire, but if there are more than 120 sires in the division, that's where the savings comes from? Or is it that there's an additional discount, say 100 GPS per sire, so if there are only 30 sires in the division (Arabian dirt sprinters, I'm looking at you), you pay 3,000 GPs total, which is the equivalent of 12 regularly priced hypomates? I just don't have enough information to know, and I'm reluctant to click on too many buttons, because I don't want to accidentally pay 30k GPs while I'm trying to figure out the cost/benefit analysis of this feature.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I did a test. Well sort of. Since I have 10.700 GP at the moment. I retired a chaser mare and pressed mass hypomate.

I clicked "yes I am sure" -even though I wasn´t really sure.

"You don't have enough game points" was the answer (as I kinda hoped for)

So it seems there is no screen to pick how many to hypomate. It is a masshypomate and for chasers it costs more than 10k.

Hope that could be of some help.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

For 39 paint dirt routers it cost me 9,750 gp.

PS 18 A+ Nick's now I am in trouble choosing a stud for this mare and she already has a stakes.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1208155
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Do you get hypos for the game point sired studs as well?
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Easy way to mass hypo the entire breed for 30k GP?
Have every stud owner change their stud to all surface/distance 😂
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I tried it out with my AW Router mare Allura. There were only 75 hypos to be done and it only charged me for those 75 hypos. It did not charge me the whole 30,000. It also let me find that there is only 1 AW Router that she hypos A- to. All of the rest are B+ or lower.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 2 years ago Do you get hypos for the game point sired studs as well?
I did not get hypos for GP studs.
Ali Sills
Turf Router

Post by Ali Sills »

So, it’s more of a convenient item than a cost savings?

Ali
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I did two of my blue hen TR mares at 30k game points apiece (c'mon, Em has bills to pay). The results were interesting and in my opinion not necessarily a bad value. Here's what I learned:

1) Both mares hypo differently than I expected. The stallions that produce the highest number of stakes and freaks in their division were not as good of a match as I had expected, while some value stallions were "A" hypo. Now maybe we get to see what the Steward meant when she said "nothing special happens just because I press the button, I just know these horses really well".

2) A pedigree pattern that I have used in the past to get good results from mediocre horses also shows up in the hypos. I am so new that I didn't know if this was random luck or a "thing" but the hypo results suggest that it might indeed be worthwhile. I can keep using this on my cheaper matings and at least have the hope that it might help.

3) There are some young stallions in the division that look poised to break out and roar, and some of them are still value-priced. VERY good to know :).

4) Similar to 3 above, there is also value in some old guys that have maybe fallen out of the limelight.

So overall the exercise cost me 60k gp or (60k x 13) the equivalent of about 780k SIM$. I will breed 100 mares in this division, so that is 7800 per mare for this knowledge at a general level, offset by savings of probably more than half that amount in stud fees now that I know where to hunt for value. I'm a fan.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

I used it to test with AW sprinter star mare that only gets A- from time to time. I would say I found it very valuable; I will definitely use this feature more, and I'm interested to explore Kelly's findings in other divisions.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Garret Folsom wrote: 2 years ago
Polk Buffalo wrote: 2 years ago Do you get hypos for the game point sired studs as well?
I did not get hypos for GP studs.
adding GP studs would be brilliant, or an 'all GP studs' option regardless of division.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Did we ever figure out what kind of pricing discount we are actually getting when we use this tool?

Let’s say there are 60 studs in a division, if I choose mass hypo and I paying 60 x 250 gp up to 30k gp max ?

So 60 studs would cost me 15,000 gp?
Or is it less then 250gp per hypo with feature? Trying to figure out if worth it using in the smaller divisions.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

It’s 250 per hypo up to a max of 30,000. Below 120 mates, it costs the same as it would (250/mate) - convenient but no discount. Over 120 mates, there is convenience and savings.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Admin wrote: 2 years ago It’s 250 per hypo up to a max of 30,000. Below 120 mates, it costs the same as it would (250/mate) - convenient but no discount. Over 120 mates, there is convenience and savings.
The update is nice, but knowing that we would still be paying full price per hypo is discouraging.

Just a thought to make this update a lot more useful would be to add a discount on the price per hypo and remove the 30k limit.

As it stands there are only 4 out of 23 total divisions that could potentially get a discount with the mass breed option as those are the only 4 decisions hitting the 120 or more studs.

Convenience is nice, but with the amount of subpar stallions on each division and the fact that you would have to do this over and over again per mare and as new studs get introduced, just doesn’t seem something many will use in the long run if we are paying the exact same price point as we would on an individual basis.

I may be totally wrong with my opinion on this, but just thought I would put it out there.