Wilderness - The best DR stud you've never heard of (Steward approved!)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Wilderness - The best DR stud you've never heard of (Steward approved!)

Post by Danny Derby »

I'd like to reintroduce everyone to Wilderness, a 9 year old who has been at stud for a few years but has seen very limited amount of non-top tier mares.

This son of Prince Louder boasts some of the best hypo-mates in Dirt Routing, on par with War Like Me and Parts Unknown. He's one of the few stallions who hypos A+ with the very best DR mares. From his very limited produce record of 47 foals, he's got 64% allowance or better with 13.3% stakes runners and an incredibly low 6% claimers - even more remarkable given the mares he's seen so far. I expect those numbers will look much better next year.

I'm excited to have him in my barn and being able to give him a chance to shine amongst the best in the division. Now standing for the low price of $40K, much cheaper than other stallions who will hypo the same and always available for breedings.
Last edited by Danny Derby 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: The best DR stud you've never heard of.

Post by The Steward »

This is a very, VERY nice stallion
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

He was/is my favorite affordable stallion, I’ve sent him a lot of my mares (I don’t have great ones) over the years….but great buy, wish I had the chance to purchase
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

The Steward wrote: 2 years ago This is a very, VERY nice stallion
I’m going to go ahead and say this guy is steward-approved!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: The best DR stud you've never heard of (Steward approved!)

Post by Danny Derby »

Sent one of my better mares to Wilderness today, and I couldn't believe I could get this name :).

Seaworld
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: The best DR stud you've never heard of (Steward approved!)

Post by Danny Derby »

It turns out that Wilderness doesn't hypo on-par with Parts Unknown and War Like Me. He actually hypos better than them.
Last edited by Danny Derby 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: Wilderness - The best DR stud you've never heard of (Steward approved!)

Post by Danny Derby »

A huge thank you to Stephen Saratoga who surprised me out of nowhere with an amazing headshot for Wilderness! He looks amazing, and now I'm more excited than ever to have him at stud.

Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Friendly reminder about Wilderness. His initial gallop numbers look even stronger now after mid year gallop improves, even more impressive when considering that he didn't see top quality mares his first few years. Lots of slots still available and only $60K for a stud that hypos better than anything not named DMB.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago Friendly reminder about Wilderness. His initial gallop numbers look even stronger now after mid year gallop improves, even more impressive when considering that he didn't see top quality mares his first few years. Lots of slots still available and only $60K for a stud that hypos better than anything not named DMB.
"I'll take the Pepsi challenge any day of the week..." "That's a bold statement." (with apologies to Quentin Tarantino)
Danny, Thanks for the Dave Matthews Band shout out and you've got yourself another live firecracker in Wilderness. I've hypo'd multiple mares to your stallion, Wilderness, and he indeed hypos gang busters. Glad to see your report that his gallop numbers are strong. All indicators are a go. Good luck with your super sire, Wilderness. jX
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Only 23 slots remain on his initial 120. I'll probably increase the limit if he fills up, but would also likely raise his stud fee on the later foals too offset the cost of that. Breed early to lock him in at $60k!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

30 more slots are now available after his first 150 filled. Breed soon to guarantee your spot, may not add any more depending on if/when he fills up again.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Just sent a hen to him that hypos A!
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Huge on my barn's Wilderness' yearlings. 4 freaks and 8 stakes, I'm absolutely blown away.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Retired another mare last night (Betray) who hypos A+ to Wilderness.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Danny Derby wrote: 1 year ago Retired another mare last night (Betray) who hypos A+ to Wilderness.
Congratulations. Wilderness is an amazing sire for you but what is so impressive is your dirt route mares. Wow. Some day I hope to have such nice mares that will give me my first A+ hypomate. Best wishes on your latest, jX