Breed My Mares (Please) [includes incentives (increased!)]

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Breed My Mares (Please) [includes incentives (increased!)]

Post by Rochelle Bos »

It’s the end of week 13 and I have yet to breed my mares, which is unheard of, usually I’m almost done by now 😳 RL has all my attention at the moment, so please breed my mares. There are only 48 here…actually I’ll add my retiring girls, sec

Incentives
[s]$10k[/s] *Now $50k* if I choose your stallion suggestion
[s]$50k[/s] *Now $100k* if the foal gallops stakes on festivus
[s]$100k[/s] *Now $200k* if the foal gallops freak on festivus

(Apparently this forum doesn’t have the strike out text option 😅)

If you want to participate please put the stallion’s name after the mares and a sentence or two why he’s a good fit.

Eg: Good As Hell - Beau - cause she’s pretty, he’s pretty (and retiring), and homebreds making babies?! YES PLEASE

TS/TM
Here Kitty Kitty (KY)

TS
Anybody Out There (AUS)
Dancin Ollie (JPN)
Dirt Road Bayou (TX)
Far Far Away (KY)
Festivus of Fun (NY)
Haters Gonna Hate (AUS)
I'm Late I'm Late (TX)
Quick As a Bunny (KY)
Silmaril (KY)
The Black Queen (JPN)
Wallflower (JPN)

TR
Goodnite Love (AUS)
Love Begins (KY)

TM
Do Nice Stuff (FRA)
Elphie (LA)
Isabelle (LA) (may not retire)
My Lucky Leaf (JPN)
My Own Snow (KY)
True North Strong (AUS)
Wyverly (LA)

DS
Baseball Goddess (CA)
Charisma (CA)
Friends Without (FL)
Gold Rush (CA)
Good Mom (KY)
I'll Allow It (KS)
Looks in Love (MD)
She Walks (CA)
Soft 'n Sweet (KY)

Dr
Amorous (MD)
Cheer This Way (NY)
Cryptic (NY)
Fire Within (OH)
Fyra (NY)
Guided (NY)
Healers (NY)
Highlight (NY)
Little Black Dress (NY)
Love Me Like You Do (NY)
My Alley (JPN)
She's All That (NY)
Sparrow (NY)
Steal a Win (NY)
Tale As Old As Time (CA)
Terpsichoral (CA)
Twitterpated (CA)
Underbid (KY)
Water to Wine (NY)
We Need to Talk (OH)
Last edited by Rochelle Bos 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nick Shredder
Sprinter

Re: Breed My Mares (Please) [includes incentives]

Post by Nick Shredder »

Baseball Goddess- Drift King- Drift King looks fantastic with Walk Off Grandslam mares so far. He already has 10 2 and 3 year old stakes winners out of them.
Nick Shredder
Sprinter

Post by Nick Shredder »

Cryptic- Dancer- 3/7 of Dancer's top earners are out of Blue Bayou mares
Nick Shredder
Sprinter

Post by Nick Shredder »

Good As Hell-Be Only Kind: Be only kind is producing a sneaky 6.9% stakes winners and his top earner is out of a All of Us Dreamers mare
Nick Shredder
Sprinter

Post by Nick Shredder »

Slay Girl Slay- King Moonracer- Fearless Spirit is fully booked. It looks like the other time you used King Moonracer with this mare it produced a decent foal (allowance probably). 3 stake winners from King Moonracer out of Steelslayer mares
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

TR

Goodnite Love+ Sotsass. This produces a 3x5 cross to Galileo, once through a stallion and once through a mare. The cross might provide a boost to this family by bringing forward some of the best of the old and introducing some new as well. Also, he produces a low percentage of unprofitable foals and his stud fee is reasonable.

Love Begins+Pinatubo. Yeah, I know, GP horse. But he also gets few unprofitable foals and he is super versatile, just as the POTN line can be. POTN has crossed really well with horses from the Storm Cat line in RL and you can benefit from that without sacrificing the versatility. This could get you any kind of horse.
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

DS gang:

Baseball Goddess - Turn The Tables. Good first crop %. Some of his better runners are from Walk off Grandslam mares.

Charisma - Turn The Tables. His first crop has ~24% stakes winners from runners, and Charisma has crossed well with Buildyouanempire in the past.

Friends Without - Sinister Mister. Also has nice first crop % and gets Walk Off Grandslam into the lines.

Gold Rush - Spiritus Invictus. She had some success with Most Spirited, why not try his sire since he could be pensioned any day? Puts the blue hen Ominous Spiritus up close.

Good Mom -Sinister Mister. Her sire liked crosses with Walk Off Grandslam mares, so maybe his mares will like a cross to this same bloodline. Also good first crop percentages.

I'll Allow It - Storm. Gets Walk Off Grandslam into the lines without adding to the mare's inbreeding. Hot sire right now.

Looks in Love - Togo. She seemed to like Storm, so by extension lets follow that female family to Togo. His first crop looks promising as well.

She Walks - Togo. Foal will have excellent female families throughout. 4x4 to Fantastic Gift. Lots of off pedigree crosses to superstar mares.

Soft 'n Sweet - Mitole. Similar cross as the nice horse Dopamine.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Breed My Mares (Please) [includes incentives (increased!)]

Post by Ma Springs »

I'll play TM:

Do Nice Stuff (FRA) - Superbia - cause he is nice, and Shalom in bold as the tail female is pretty enough to make it worth it any day

Elphie (LA) - Tithanos - he hypos really well, they have the Eohippus/Westward Sunset lines in common, and the Tithanos/Fearless Spirit has all the potential (see yearling workouts for at least one example :P) (or Pinatubo, see below)

Isabelle (LA) (may not retire) - if she retires, Pinatubo - gotta have at least one Pinatubo in the crop, and the Pinatubo-Fearless Spirit is proven to work (see yearling workouts)

My Lucky Leaf (JPN) - Closely Devoted - Able Friend mares seem to like Close to the Best, and this combo makes for fun (?) inbreeding

My Own Snow (KY) - Time Test - feels like an outsider, but if Laura's Time Test-Thunder Snow filly has produced a 90 speed figure and won a graded stakes, one might wanna try to repeat it (and there are always GP sired stakes to enter)

True North Strong (AUS) - Fearless Spirit - at least one FS too in every crop, if she liked King Moonracer, she should like his brother. Or go For Ev Er, he hypos really well, is free to use, and the Distant Dream gene should work just fine here.

Wyverly (LA) - Under Stars - The Steward sent These Secrets to Mastercraftsman 2 times, this should work (and my 3 yo freak filly is by Under Stars and I <3 him extra for it ;))
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Baseball Goddess+ California Chrome
She needs to try something new and I have had good luck, and even a freak, from Ca Chrome w/ WOGS mares. Added bonus you get to run in GP-sired and CA bred races.

Charisma+ Zibanejad
This gal can cook up a winner from whatever is in the pantry, so why not try this new guy? It gets you an interesting linebreeding pattern to Fantastic Gift as well.

Friends Without+ Ludicrously
This is a “why not” pick for a young stallion that is very affordable and has some interesting stats.

Gold Rush+Togo
Ok a little close on the linebreeding, but an A-hypo on a promising young sire. Would you like that freak for here or Togo?
Clarehaven Stables
Sprinter

Post by Clarehaven Stables »

Friends Without

I have a Benefit formidable mare bred to Spiritus Invictus https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1397069

Maybe Spiritus Invictus will have more success than his son.

Or is it all just the slide!
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

You could send Dancin' Ollie to Riven Gold for a pedigree similar to Nancy Wolf's.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Goodnite Love - There There There -

B+ hypo mate with a 3x4 inbreeding to Australia (Anna “Liza” Doolittle Says:
"I will give you a letter grade (A+ down to C).
Here is my analysis of a mating between 'There There There' and 'Goodnite Love'.

On flat: B+
Steeplechaser: C").

She's a also a B+ to Sunday Heartbreak, but the 2x3 inbreeding to Tears That Fall is a little closer than normally recommend, but I really like inbreeding back to a strong female line.

Love Begins - I'm not convinced she's strictly TR - I got an A- hypo mate to Avacas, and the best foal by le Vent Se Leve ran her best on AW. But you'll need to act fast - his books almost full
I'm just here for the fun of it
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Goodnite Love - Avengers Assemble - Might be the worst advice, I don't know if he is retiering or if his fee will be astronomical... 🙃 But he is an amazing racehorse and Goodnite Love's second dam did have a hit with Satono Moon.
Carolyn Eaton wrote: 2 years ago Love Begins - I'm not convinced she's strictly TR - I got an A- hypo mate to Avacas, and the best foal by le Vent Se Leve ran her best on AW. But you'll need to act fast - his books almost full
This find alone should be rewarded. ☺ But if he is full...:

Love Begins - Franzia - Great start at stud with several G1 winners for different trainers among his 3 yos.
Nashville Stud
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Here Kitty Kitty - Crystal Ocean - Multisurface type, Steward approved (I think she also might have called him "underused" at some point, if I'm not mistaking), and he has a fresh Chimbo winner 🌟
Nashville Stud
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Here are the results 🥰

TS/TM
Here Kitty Kitty (KY) - Ma Springs (I bred her to Beau this year, but will use Crystal Ocean next year so you can have the $50k still)

TS
Dancin Ollie (JPN)- Ash Tarasin - Claimer

TR
Goodnite Love (AUS) - Carolyn Eaton (Claimer)
Love Begins (KY) - Carolyn Eaton (claimer)

DS
Baseball Goddess (CA) - Autumn Blackmill (Productive)
Charisma (CA) - World Gone Mad
Friends Without (FL) - Most Spirited
Gold Rush (CA) - Autumn Blackmill (solid)
Good Mom (KY) - Autumn Blackmill (Productive)
I'll Allow It (KS) - Autumn Blackmill (Allowance)

DR
Cryptic (NY) - Nick Shredder (Claimer)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt