ASTRO : Steward Approved and Budget Friendly

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

ASTRO : Steward Approved and Budget Friendly

Post by Ren Marston »

A S T R O
17 hands
6yo
5X Stakes Winner
Total Earnings: $512,500
Total Stats: 23: 7-7-1
Soundness: Sound

CURRENT PRODUCE:
These are the pedigree's of his two yearling stakes colts, Pisces and an unnamed colt owned and bred by Jon Snyder. As you can see, both dam sides have Rambling on top in the third generation back. Both colts are working consistently well at 6 dirt furlongs, claiming spot #2 behind Danny Derby's Salad fingers and spot #5 by Jon Snyders unnamed colt in the top workouts for yearling colts at that surface and distance combination, as well as 8th at 7 furlongs.

Y61 MID-SEASON FESTIVUS UPDATE:
Astro has produced accomplished numbers as a stud, especially when considering the fact he has not had the ability to see first rate mares like more popular freshman and sophomore sires do; such as studs of his same generation such as Nokk (total foals: 201) and Owlpha Romeo (total foals: 508) who continue to see top of the line mares. Despite not seeing these same advantages, he is consistently producing stakes type gallopers and freaks are inevitable at this rate.

Mid Year 61 Festivus brought three more stakes into the fold, bringing his number of total stakes to 8 while the number of allowances no doubt with late bloomer comments waiting to jump to the next rank also increases; together these percentages are a high percentage available for Simperior players, a promising number at his low fee and with such a beautiful pedigree. Having seen just four stakes producing mares in this time, the numbers are doubly impressive.

BREEDING RECCOMENDATIONS:
Astro is already producing great colts to go longer distances, and ran well in marathon conditions and though he didn't get very much changes at 1 1/2 miles+ he won at both 2 miles and as short as 1 1/16th, making him very versatile. His sire, Mister Awesome, won consistently at 2 miles, but his dam side came from more traditional router distances. Personally I am exploring the route of combining him with longer distance pedigrees like Tarasenko mares, as well as Hold Above and others with that marathon type running style. With 2 colts already showing speed and talent at longer distances, I recommend trying it out.

HYPOMATES:
Here are some of his hypomates with a wide variety of mares, tons of different pedigrees here and differences in quality and production between the broodmares.

Here is his hypo to a blue hen alongside other top studs with much higher stud fee's.

STEWARD NOTE:

(reposting this since his other thread got a little messy and i wanted the info all in one spot)
Last edited by Ren Marston 1 year ago, edited 15 times in total.
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Re: ASTRO : Steward Approved and Budget Friendly

Post by Ren Marston »

bump

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Holy crud. Astro is now a producer of not one but TWO stewardbreds! He is a great stud whose going to prove himself very soon, and most likely see a slight increase in stud fee. Give him a go!

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Astro is now the sire of 4 stakes gallopers, bringing his percentages to 42% Allowance and above! Considering he's offered at a low price, this is fantastic. He's budget friendly, actively siring stakes, producing a ton of late bloomer types, and double approved by the steward. This guy will continue to stand at $20,000 but that may go up after the gallop of his y60 stewardbred depending on the result.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
Nick Shredder
Sprinter

Post by Nick Shredder »

Ren Marston wrote: 2 years ago Astro is now the sire of 4 stakes gallopers, bringing his percentages to 42% Allowance and above! Considering he's offered at a low price, this is fantastic. He's budget friendly, actively siring stakes, producing a ton of late bloomer types, and double approved by the steward. This guy will continue to stand at $20,000 but that may go up after the gallop of his y60 stewardbred depending on the result.
Only used him twice but gave me an Allowance LB out a questionable Dam. Great value to 20K.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I'm officially going on record to say that this stallion is better than Dave Matthews Band.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

bump, Astro got some new artwork since the old stuff was becoming below par; look how fancy and professional he is

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
Timothy Christopher
Two Year Old

Post by Timothy Christopher »

took 10 mares to astro just now hopping he does me a solid and gives me a few runners,
STUDS
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

UPDATE: Astro has received a Y-61 Mid Season Festivus update under 'CURRENT PRODUCE' to shed more light on his still undiscovered talents as a stud!

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

UPDATE: Astro officially has runners! As we move past week 10 and dirt routers get their track experience, Astro has collected four winners already so far. Most notably are colt sons Requiem For Aries and Pisces who broke their maidens fashionably. Requiem For Aries sat back in fifth position to overtake the lead in the stretch and win with a really nice 89 SF. Pisces fell short in his first maiden but at the second won really nicely, stalking from second position before taking first at the third call and leading to win by a length and an accomplished 90SF. His other two winners dominated in maiden claiming races for their first times out. This brings him to 4 maiden breakers out of just 13 runners so far, bringing him to an average runner earnings of $4,342 so far just a few weeks into his 2yo's being on the track. Compare this to horses with stud fees twice as high, for example Arizona whose average runner earnings are $4,448 who stands at $55,000.

As we work toward the end of the season keep this underrated double steward approved stud in mind for your mares!

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

UPDATE: I've had an INSANE week so I haven't gotten a chance to post here about this yet but I've got a little time now to write this up so here goes!
Astro is an official stakes producer with just one crop of young ones racing! Thats right, one crop! And his smallest being his first, he only had 42 foals in it. I've already talked about how nicely their doing but we had a huge breakthrough last friday with Pisces win in the 'That Voodoo You Do' G3 Stakes with a $100,000 purse! He really impressed me; coming up from fourth place in the stretch to win by a length and with a conservative speed figure to take home $50,000. This could have caused an uptick in Astro's fee as he proves himself capable of producing not just stakes horses, but stakes winners; however I felt that I really enjoy seeing newer players with more modest budgets send their mares to him as he's a great budget option without compromising quality of pedigree. Pisces wil be going to the $2,000,000 G1 Steward's Cup Juvenile in Seattle this Friday so definitely get your mares to him before the season is through!

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Astro is an official stakes producer with just one crop of young ones racing!
Congratulations Ren, he is off to a really good start.
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

A few season close out notes for those not in attendance of Astro's colt Pisces SC Juvenile run as said by the steward

'He has the pedigree to be a very nice horse'

'I expect to see all of these horses in the Louisville derby'

So if her breeding her mares to Astro and him having produced a stakes winner wasn't enough, there's that. Go breed some mares to him, at such a low price it's literally impossible to go wrong here!

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Four slots left for this guy rn, I can open up a few from my personal reserves if need be but not a alot remaining there either! Get in your mares!

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
Timothy Christopher
Two Year Old

Post by Timothy Christopher »

i bred 100 TB DR this past season and astro gave me my only stakes horse a stakes/lb filly
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1563608
STUDS