Help the Steward Help You

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Help the Steward Help You

Post by The Steward »

I need to finish breeding my mares before another big work week (Saudi Cup IRL) hits. But I am also full of a cold, head achey, nose constantly running, cough cough. I finished breeding all my leases and now I want to pass out again.

Hit me with your suggestions for my mares here!

Rules: I can't have already used the stallion this year, no 2x3 or 3x2, and don't just say your own stallion because you want it, tell me why.

Note: I won't be able to use everyone's suggestions, but I'm sure I'll use plenty.

Also note: I am still really unhappy with my broodmare band, so if you want to SELL me anything older but decent next year (think 9-11 ish) let me know.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Re: Help the Steward Help You

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I picked one at random: Need to Breathe. Maybe pair her with Castles Crumble? It would be 3x3 High Dreams and 3x4 Rambling. Not sure it would work since High Dreams wasn't a star on the track, but she was a glorious broodmare, and the line connects well to itself. I haven't checked all your mares, so maybe you have another mare better suited to Castles Crumble too?(I hope you don't mind me both trash-talking and glorifying your mare, Erin?). There's also Carson if you want to zoom out a little, it's the same maternal line but further back.

And maybe Spooky to Phoenix Argyle because Japanese Majesty exists

Ziggy Stardust to anyone because he's got sneaky fast 2-year-olds

And maybe When Can I See you to Ransack because Paint the NIght loves James Dean, plus it's 3-4 All That I Am. (Actually also 3-5 Clearly Best - not sure it matters).

Where it Began with either Poldark, The People's Horse or Rathalos would be 3x3 Just One Kiss. It would resemble her yearling sired by Ransack.
Last edited by Ash Tarasin 2 years ago, edited 5 times in total.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

More Than Anything with Nokk because it worked out well with DMB himself so why not try one of his sons.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Tears in Heaven to Ryker because there’s NO matches between top and bottom of that cross and that’s almost unheard of in dirt sprinting.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

More Than Anything to Phoenix Argyle for a very pretty 3x4 inbreeding to Maryland Million from a forgotten sneaky nice sire that produced current superstar Japanese Majesty.
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

Not sure if it counts but you could do a fun one by sending minding to contrail to get the beloved Galileo/deep impact matchup.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

As far as my stallions go, perhaps Refuse Surrender to Hydreigon? She seemed to do alright with Obsidian Fury, who is his sire.

As far as not my stallions go, I gotta say Ahtohollan and Valley Cat. Ahtohollan did really well with Valley Cat's daughter Madeline, so I'd probably try him with Valley cat too!
I have a stable full of cats
Randell Johnson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Randell Johnson »

For my own Stallions: Chase Elliott x Spooky would be an interesting match. Flat A hypo, with a good mix of DM + DR, could definitely be a beast on the track. Spooky has only been sent to pretty straightforward DR's, so might be an interesting combo.

As for other Stallions: Marvel x Spooky, because I am legitimately wanting to see Spooky with a more focused DM + DR stallion.

Might just be me, but I like those matchups.
Gunite - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1785312
DM/DS & Steeplechaser - RL Steward Created, A's & A+'s

Chase Elliott - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1241172
Stewards Cup, Saudi, Pegasus Winner
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Happily Ever with Franzia.

Because:

1.) He's one of the best AW Routers ever
2.) A- hypo
3.) Zahariel - Astral Talisman - Frantic Angel (Same cross - Franzia/Benjamin)
4.) You've never used Franzia before
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Heres my pitch

Someone Like You and Astro could be really cool. Someone Like You is by Hold Above who ran super well at 2 miles, just like Astro's sire Mister Awesome. The resulting foal would be a long distance machine, and Astro's existing stakes colts are working amazing times at longer dirt distances like 6 and 7 furlongs, claiming spots within the top 10 of all y60 workouts by colts. Pisces, his stewardbred son from last season, just got to spot #2 behind Salad Fingers at 6 furlongs. (This was a solid A hypo)

Alternatively, Love How You Are would also be a neat mare to breed with Astro since he's already done well w a Kingdom Come mare (this was an A-)

I'd love to see another stewardbred by Astro this season
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

A more realistic suggestion that just came to mind would be your mare Madam Vice President bred to Astro
Happy This Way's success at the shorter routing distances combined w Astro's longer distances could make for a more traditional router type horse, its a combination I'd love to see though i'd be delighted no matter what mare saw him
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $15,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Finch Hatton - TR - $30,000
PROVEN FREAK PRODUCING A+ HYPOING STUD
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

With The Light crossed with Voyage would result in an A- hypo with no inbreeding (they each have inbreeding but Voyage's inbreeding of Feat (4x5), Kismet(5x5) and Black Condor (5x5) and With the Light's inbreeding of Pride of Atlantis (4x5) don't inbreed with each other lol) and it will fall off the foal's chart when the 5 x 5 drops off.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

No secret, I don't do TBs, but I'm bored so what the heck, just picked random mares
Carrie's Luna to Parts Unknown - Gladiator mares seem to like that line, that's all the logic I got on that
Minding to Brilliance - Best sire freak % wise in the division that you haven't used, also no inbreeding whatsoever once that 5th gen drops off the foals pedigree
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Ryan Whitehead
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ryan Whitehead »

Improvisational x Fire Is Hard to Hold (A-) https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1228504 -- no crosses and solid sires and dams all the way.
*You did use improv on a Lease breeding however but isn't he good enough for 1 more? lol

Lightout x Meant To Be (A) https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=972961 --- Close as we can get to a Sidney and Stalingrad cross nowadays.

**Next Year Maybe LOL** Monday x God Save The Queen (A-) https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=969376 -- We have Restored ROYALTY on one side and Queen's on the other. Seems Regal and Monday is so underrated!
Last edited by Ryan Whitehead 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Improvisational 80K
Fade to Black 50K
Moneyed 40K
Moose Knuckle 28K
Forefront 15K
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Someone Like You to Mr. Wonderful
It's an "A" cross with no inbreeding within the first three lines. Mr. Wonderful isn't a deep router, so the resulting foal might get balanced out to like 1 1/8 - 1 3/16 rather than wanting to run for days. Mr. Wonderful x Hold Above hasn't been done a lot (the search turned up 19 horses) but Ash's yearling filly out of Sing Back Louder looks real nice!
Plus honestly, I just love Mr. Wonderful. His name fits him so well ❤
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!