Locked Stallions

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Re: Locked Stallions

Post by J.P Dogood »

I do want to reiterate I’m perfectly fine with high priced studs. Many of them truly warrant the high price. I’m also perfectly fine with locking them out. It was before my time but I’m pretty sure there’s a million anointed mares because he wasnt priced high. All I want is payouts in the lower tier races to go up a tiny bit. It’s like inflation here in the US. If the price of goods go up, sooner or later salaries need to increase.

To play devils advocate maybe an owner shouldn’t be able to lock out 100% of their slots? Just a thought
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I agree with Carole - if demand is too high, increase price until it's reasonable again - but also encourage players to reach out to other players if they want to make a deal or inquire about a spot. I've never been treated anything but well by other players in this situation; I always do my best to help out anyone who takes the time to message me; and in doing both of those things I've even made some friends.
Again, everyone plays the game their own way, but there's room for both of these viewpoints.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Nick Shredder
Sprinter

Post by Nick Shredder »

J.P Dogood wrote: 2 years ago I do want to reiterate I’m perfectly fine with high priced studs. Many of them truly warrant the high price. I’m also perfectly fine with locking them out. It was before my time but I’m pretty sure there’s a million anointed mares because he wasnt priced high. All I want is payouts in the lower tier races to go up a tiny bit. It’s like inflation here in the US. If the price of goods go up, sooner or later salaries need to increase.

To play devils advocate maybe an owner shouldn’t be able to lock out 100% of their slots? Just a thought
Looking at US real life purses, the lower level claiming races and Grade 1 Stake races seem right in game but the higher level claimers, Maiden Special Weights, allowance races, and Listed Stakes need an increase. The top level Maiden Special races have purses between 50K-120K. Allowance and Allowance Optional Claimers range anywhere between 30K-100K+. Meanwhile these races are always 25K or 30K in game. If there is one area that needs the biggest increased I would say its Allowance, Maiden Specials, and to a lesser extent, non-claiming NW races.