Broodmare Book

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Broodmare Book

Post by Carole Hanson »

Am I right in thinking this is still a work in progress kind of thing?

Definitely cool seeing those percentages all on one cohesive page, but there is also definitely still room for more data I’m sure! Either way, it’s a cool update so far, thanks!
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: Broodmare Book

Post by Cleo Patra »

I can’t see this anywhere obvious? Link?
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Cleo Patra wrote: 2 years ago I can’t see this anywhere obvious? Link?
https://www.simhorseracing.com/store/equi-broodbook.php
It's neatly tucked away under "add ons" and so far the only way i've found to access it once purchased is through there too.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I think it's still a work in progress. Looking forward to seeing what else is added!
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Lily Wilkins wrote: 2 years ago
Cleo Patra wrote: 2 years ago I can’t see this anywhere obvious? Link?
https://www.simhorseracing.com/store/equi-broodbook.php
It's neatly tucked away under "add ons" and so far the only way i've found to access it once purchased is through there too.
Once purchased, you can see this under “My Info” as ‘Broodmare Book’
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

I think it is odd that under the #foals column it doesn't count actual foals as foals.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Tom Lin wrote: 2 years ago I think it is odd that under the #foals column it doesn't count actual foals as foals.
That might be because there is not a gallop comment?
Not sure
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

I spent the game points, but it is going to have to be a lot improved to be worth that, or even anything. But they have several weeks to add stuff, I hope.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Erin Erskine
Miler

Post by Erin Erskine »

Wait, this is news to me! What is the broodmare book actually for, though?
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

Would be nice to be able to go between form stars hens Indivudaly also percentages in my opinion aren't the best way to go by I would much rather the book tell me how many stakes freaks allowances she produced over the percentage.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Thank you for the new feature, Em.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I don't know if we're allowed to discuss specifics or not, but could someone possibly give any more info on what these 'special stats about your mares' are? I'm debating buying this for Y63, but I don't feel comfortable spending the game points off of the info that's given on the add-on screen. Do those who have it like it/plan to renew it/feel it helps you significantly with breeding?
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago I don't know if we're allowed to discuss specifics or not, but could someone possibly give any more info on what these 'special stats about your mares' are? I'm debating buying this for Y63, but I don't feel comfortable spending the game points off of the info that's given on the add-on screen. Do those who have it like it/plan to renew it/feel it helps you significantly with breeding?
I decided not to renew it for this season. It basically gives you the gallop percentages for your mares but for a small barn, I don't think it's that useful. Perhaps for a larger barn it makes more sense and helps sort through the mares quicker.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago
Nicole Marie wrote: 1 year ago I don't know if we're allowed to discuss specifics or not, but could someone possibly give any more info on what these 'special stats about your mares' are? I'm debating buying this for Y63, but I don't feel comfortable spending the game points off of the info that's given on the add-on screen. Do those who have it like it/plan to renew it/feel it helps you significantly with breeding?
I decided not to renew it for this season. It basically gives you the gallop percentages for your mares but for a small barn, I don't think it's that useful. Perhaps for a larger barn it makes more sense and helps sort through the mares quicker.
Ah, thank you. I've been curious for a bit because I couldn't think of what other features that we don't have that would help me much with breeding, and this definitely doesn't sound worth the GPs for me personally. Thank you for letting me know!
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

I use the broodmare book and it is useful for me, but I was hoping that it will add more… and I personally would love if it would add a column for the mares highest hypo. Because in the breeding barn (regular ) you do not see the mares sire etc… that is why I often prefer it. I use both.. being able to see the breeding of a mare without having to click into each one…. Id wish it was the way with even the racing stable having at least the sire showing. Anyone that has a lot of mares… they may think its helpful. My main liking for it is showing the breeding at one look at all mares, when I want a daughter of a certain sire … small stables may or may no benefit depends what someone’s preferences are.

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats