Entertaining Glitch

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Entertaining Glitch

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I have a mare on lease. For the sake of privacy for the owner, I won't name the mare. Said mare has a ton of Hypo grades on her page, most of which are B+. Except, I noticed that she does have two A- nicks, which would be great if they weren't from studs sired by her sire...
I'm surprised those nicks were even possible to obtain, as when I hypo-mate her to those studs, it comes up with the typical "Mating would be too inbred" notice :lol:
“ 𝐴𝑧𝑒𝑙 πΈπ‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘›π‘’ β€›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Re: Entertaining Glitch

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

you know what they say better to keep it in the family lo
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I actually have a letter from Nick Gilmore asking me to fix this issue from... like... a year ago.... still in my inbox.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

It will make a 6 legged baby which means the baby will be faster. More legs, more speed right?
β€œIt’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Lily Wilkins wrote: ↑2 years ago I have a mare on lease. For the sake of privacy for the owner, I won't name the mare. Said mare has a ton of Hypo grades on her page, most of which are B+. Except, I noticed that she does have two A- nicks, which would be great if they weren't from studs sired by her sire...
I'm surprised those nicks were even possible to obtain, as when I hypo-mate her to those studs, it comes up with the typical "Mating would be too inbred" notice :lol:
You can also hypo horses to themselves, as well as to horses from another breed. Can't breed them though, just drool over the A+ hypos in the lands of what could have been.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Welcome to my nightmare. It upset me to no end at the time, now it makes me smile! :D
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Louise Bayou wrote: ↑2 years ago It will make a 6 legged baby which means the baby will be faster. More legs, more speed right?
I like this logic!!
“ 𝐴𝑧𝑒𝑙 πΈπ‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘›π‘’ β€›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Lily Wilkins wrote: ↑2 years ago
Louise Bayou wrote: ↑2 years ago It will make a 6 legged baby which means the baby will be faster. More legs, more speed right?
I like this logic!!
Or it could make the foal more uncoordinated :(
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Like gears on a car
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Things I learned over the past year from this exploitable glitch.

Mares hypo better than studs.
Pedigree-less horses ie the 45k gp mixer studs hypo terribly to themselves.
The entertainment value and wasted GP was priceless.
It doesn't work with dead or non-retired horses. It doesnt allow breeding, only hypomates.

When I couldn't find a tester stud for my mixer mares, just do a little link movement and switching for those studs not cross-breedable. Done. Works the same.
;p