Help Me Breed My Mares

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Help Me Breed My Mares

Post by Danny Derby »

Would love some help finding stallions for my mares this year. Two main reasons for this:

First, I'm looking to diversify things a bit and use some studs that I may otherwise miss. I find that I usually just rely on a fraction of stallions available out there since they're the ones I know. Would love a fresh perspective.

Second, I'm just kind of checked out on the SIM in general right now, so honestly could use and appreciate the help.

Here's a link to all of my unbred mares - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

If you find something you think would be a good match, post it below. Feel free to hype your own studs if they make sense. I'm really open to almost any interesting ideas, except for older studs that have never produced anything. Please note that any studs which are private or have restricted access won't be considered.

Thank you to everyone in advance!
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Re: Help Me Breed My Mares

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

I only really know DS, but here are my picks:

Happy Sadie to Endless Vibes - my Just Happy x Endless Vibes cross there just jumped up to a stakes, but with that in mind any King of Stars son might work, so Tell Me Why or Symbol of Spirit would be a good choice

Shrieking sadie along similar lines, but maybe try Escobar to get the KoS sire line, but double up on the old-school Muscled dam line.

My Lady of Hope to Sinister Mister - that cross has thrown a very fast yearling this year.

This year Most Spirited mares seem to like World Gone Mad, so Shoudawouldacouda and Spirited wife to WGM himself or his sons Zibanejad or Bugs Bunny, or pick up on WGM's dam side with other studs out of Survivor like Mika (and of course his wunderkind Rock N Roll), Togo or Skathis.

The Settle for Me (Diomede and Sadle Settle) mares I'd send to Buildyouanempire sons, so Turn the Tables, Drift King, and Skathis.

Starslam and Walk with my wife are by Walk Off Grandslam which goes with anything, so maybe I'd wait and see if any new retirees are nicking well, or if there's something cool you want to use that doesn't have a spot yet. This is also a fun place to try some different sprint sires like Charlatan or Dopamine, or pick up a big name that ought to be on your roster just because (like Storm or Most Spirited).
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

I'm planning on retiring Philadelphia Blue after the year if that interests you at all.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Eric Gray wrote: ↑1 year ago I'm planning on retiring Philadelphia Blue after the year if that interests you at all.
I'd use him, but looking for specific breeding suggestions here. Take a look and let me know what you think fits!
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I think Bella Notte and Napoleon could be a good cross. He has a handful of offspring out of Happy This Way mares on his top progeny list. Plus you get a 3x3 to Corona. It's an A- nick, but super freaks have been produced with worse!
“ 𝐴𝑧𝑒𝑙 πΈπ‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘›π‘’ β€›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Ren Marston
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ren Marston »

Peach would be a really great mare to send to Arizona, as he's a son of Happy This Way who obviously did really well w this dam line, and Arizona is a really great looking stud rn, with yearlings working under 57 seconds

Love To Dance could be a great option for my own stud, Astro. They hypo a flat A which I know isn't the most impressive thing to accomplished DR operations but it's still nice to see; their distances compliment eachother to make a mid distance router. Astro has Mister Awesome on his side who was accomplished at 2 miles and Astro showed promise at aswell, while Love To Dance has a more classic/shorter router type pedigree that would balance his out well.
Faking it till I make it, and then faking it some more.

Studs
Astro - DR - $25,000
4X STEWARD APPROVED, PROVEN STAKES PRODUCER
Moonlight Sonata - TR - $15,000
STEWARD APPROVED ULTRA DISCOUNT STAKES PRODUCER
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Gigi Gofaster wrote: ↑1 year ago I only really know DS, but here are my picks:

Happy Sadie to Endless Vibes - my Just Happy x Endless Vibes cross there just jumped up to a stakes, but with that in mind any King of Stars son might work, so Tell Me Why or Symbol of Spirit would be a good choice

Shrieking sadie along similar lines, but maybe try Escobar to get the KoS sire line, but double up on the old-school Muscled dam line.

My Lady of Hope to Sinister Mister - that cross has thrown a very fast yearling this year.

This year Most Spirited mares seem to like World Gone Mad, so Shoudawouldacouda and Spirited wife to WGM himself or his sons Zibanejad or Bugs Bunny, or pick up on WGM's dam side with other studs out of Survivor like Mika (and of course his wunderkind Rock N Roll), Togo or Skathis.

The Settle for Me (Diomede and Sadle Settle) mares I'd send to Buildyouanempire sons, so Turn the Tables, Drift King, and Skathis.

Starslam and Walk with my wife are by Walk Off Grandslam which goes with anything, so maybe I'd wait and see if any new retirees are nicking well, or if there's something cool you want to use that doesn't have a spot yet. This is also a fun place to try some different sprint sires like Charlatan or Dopamine, or pick up a big name that ought to be on your roster just because (like Storm or Most Spirited).
Super appreciate your feedback on my Dirt Sprinters, used all your suggestions on these.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Ren Marston wrote: ↑1 year ago Peach would be a really great mare to send to Arizona, as he's a son of Happy This Way who obviously did really well w this dam line, and Arizona is a really great looking stud rn, with yearlings working under 57 seconds

Love To Dance could be a great option for my own stud, Astro. They hypo a flat A which I know isn't the most impressive thing to accomplished DR operations but it's still nice to see; their distances compliment eachother to make a mid distance router. Astro has Mister Awesome on his side who was accomplished at 2 miles and Astro showed promise at aswell, while Love To Dance has a more classic/shorter router type pedigree that would balance his out well.
Bred both of these.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Lily Wilkins wrote: ↑1 year ago I think Bella Notte and Napoleon could be a good cross. He has a handful of offspring out of Happy This Way mares on his top progeny list. Plus you get a 3x3 to Corona. It's an A- nick, but super freaks have been produced with worse!
This is probably how I'd have ended up breeding her without asking for any outside advice - WUAS lined fillies to Napoleon and Mr. Wonderful is my bread and butter. That said, I bred this filly.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Maybe Pismo Beach to Gonebird, for the multi-distance tri-surface potential?
I have a stable full of cats
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Bump, I still need lots and lots of help. Don't leave me alone.
Randell Johnson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Randell Johnson »

Fetch to Chase Elliott - It's biased, but I think its a good match. Marvel being Fetch's sire means that he is out, so I think Chases pedigree speaks for itself. His hypos are as good as anyone, so why not...
Gunite - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1785312
DM/DS & Steeplechaser - RL Steward Created, A's & A+'s

Chase Elliott - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1241172
Stewards Cup, Saudi, Pegasus Winner
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Randell Johnson wrote: ↑1 year ago Fetch to Chase Elliott - It's biased, but I think its a good match. Marvel being Fetch's sire means that he is out, so I think Chases pedigree speaks for itself. His hypos are as good as anyone, so why not...
Yeah why not. Bred!
Jon Snyder
Classic Contender

Post by Jon Snyder »

Admire Her Long to True Warrior. Gives a 4x4 to Deep Impact on the Dam side. Both Sires and Grand Sires are all multi-distance/surface. the Grand Sires were also game created I believe. Could be an interesting match...